No Chocolate pledge til x-mas eve

Angela55

Right, I've had enough of losing, gaining, losing, gaining. Looking at my progress chart from the past 10 or so weeks, it makes you sea sick. Weight is going up and down and I know exactly why!
Chocolate!!!
As of today, I'll not have anymore of this (delicious) stuff til christmas eve, as it's ruining my progress:cry:

Anyone here want to join me?
We could call the the Chocolate AA thread lol:D

You can have chocolate, just don't have more than your 15 syns worth.
Sometimes cutting things out completely can be more detrimental than having them in small quantitie - ie denial can lead to a binge.

It's not chocolate which is ruining your weight loss - it's the amount of chocolate!

Good luck though, but what happens after Christmas?!

Yes, you are right, but unfortunately I can't stick to just a bit here and there!
When it comes to chocolate I am turning into a black hole lol
I've done this before for a few weeks just to give my loss a boost and lost 11lbs in 3wks. I haven't got far to go to get to target and after that I am quite good at staying there, even with having a chocolate bing!

Count me in as well!! Good luck all!!

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Dont do it! I eat chocolate every day (not exagerating!)

I could never do this! Even if I don't have a curly wurly there's still chocolate on my beloved mint hi-fi bar. You're all stronger people than me!

I'm going tee total until Christmas in the hope that that will counteract all the meals out that I'm meant to be going to!

Fingers crossed for all of us!

I could never do this! Even if I don't have a curly wurly there's still chocolate on my beloved mint hi-fi bar. You're all stronger people than me!

I'm going tee total until Christmas in the hope that that will counteract all the meals out that I'm meant to be going to!

Fingers crossed for all of us!

Agreed, I dunno how you's can do it?! I don't eat a LOT of chocolate, but I have a choc sprinkles mullerlight every day ;)

Personally, I don't count Hifi's and choc sprinkled yoghurts as having chocolate! I'll still have those as I can either have it as a healthy extra or in the case of the yoghurt as free food!
I am more talking about bars of chocolate, or the box of Thorntons I was given and put away for christmas, but then ate them all in less then 10mins!!!

I agree with whoever said that complete abstinence can lead to a binge. I have a small bar of chocolate most days- usually something small like a Freddo. If I didn't have a small amount like this every day, the longing inside would build up and I'd end up bingeing. I see SW as a chance to put bingeing behind me and to begin eating like a 'normal' person. Normal people eat chocolate and so do I!

I agree lardylady - I know people who haven't had bread, crisps or chocolate (one of them not all) since starting SW and said they will reintroduce when they reach target. I don't really understand this as the mindset hasn't changed - they will still be trigger foods and I don't see how cutting them out for a certain amount of time can make a difference to behaviour.

Anyway, going a bit off topic now, so apologies!

I'm in on this one. I've got to go cold turkey or I end up eating loads. Little bits every now and then just doesn't do it for me :(

Oh my god!!!! Erm I so need to join this but wish I didn't need to lol! But I'm getting motion sick from jumping on n off the sw wagon! I'm on plan totally except for the addition ten million syns worth if chocolate!!! I'm totally in :)

Think breaking away from a trigger food for a short period is good it's not forever and I agree with sw it doesn't need to be stopped but im the same n eating choc makes me crave more choc!

I'm in seeing as there's a few alcoholic evenings coming up in my social callender lol

My names Michelle I'm a chocoholic it's been 2 hours and 30 mins since my last bar of chocolate!!!

I'm in on this one. I've got to go cold turkey or I end up eating loads. Little bits every now and then just doesn't do it for me :(

Cold turkey! LOL I know what you mean!

Welcome onboard Michelle, fellow chocoholic lol

The worst thing is, I used to be a SW Consultant and really I should be practising what I preached, but when it comes to chocolate I lose all self control :-(

I am going to join you, I sometimes find myself eating it just because it's there and not even enjoying it that much!

Well done to all those brave souls joining the chocolate AA!

I'm a bit of a chocoholic and I find what keeps me sane is a fun size bag of maltesers for 5.5 syns. I let the chocolate melt off the malteser in my mouth (I'm making myself v hungry!) and by the time I have the last few out of the pack I've satisfied that craving.

Back