No longer the FAT friend..Blowing off the cobwebs! Contains Food Talk.

Day 2

Thanks so much for popping on and showing some support, really helps. I have spent most of the day reading diaries here and on the CD board, very inspiring.

I had a vanilla shake this morning with a spoon of coffee mixed in. I made it hot. It was actually ok, kinda like a latte! I can live with that!

I had half a choc orange bar at 12.30 and I have just finished the other half now at 14.40. I don't actually feel hungry at all which is a lovely, lovely surprise!

I am bored though! To be honest, that's how I got fat. Boredom eating! The feeling of making huge plates of food and sitting in front of the laptop, I miss that! But I really do want to be slimmer MORE then I want to fill my face and that's a lovely feeling.

Going to have a soup between 5 and 6 for my tea. I am undecided which one to try next. I had the tomato and basil one yesterday because I wanted to get that taste "out of the way" but it turned out to be ok! Hmm I think I will try the Veg one for the same reason and hopefully it will turn out just as ok!

Hubby is going to try and get some bouillon for me today. I am not sure if I will be able to get a "safe" one as right now we are in Germany so I am not sure what make will be compatible with ketosis. Whatever he brings home I will try and compare online somewhere to see if it will do. I think I quite fancy a yummy mug of that late in the evening!

I am spaced out :( I don't have a headache as such but I kinda feel like I am wadding through treacle and I feel a little dizzy even when sitting down. I going great guns on the water front but I do hope this dizzy, spacey feeling passes soon. I think I would rather a headache then this!

I have decided that with every entry I am going to finish with one reason as to why I am doing this:

I am looking forward to not wearing baggy cardigans in the hot sunshine under the pretence of feeling chilly.

I hope everyone is having a great day xx

The dizziness is definitely not a good thing. I almost passed out in work one day. Couldnt actually stand up without falling over. It does pass though.

Oh no poor you :( Wow the things we do to ourselves huh :( Thank you for telling me it passes thats good to know. I was starting to get a little worried as I have always had really low blood pressure, always even from a kid which is weird given how unhealthy I am now, but I wondered if that could of been a reason, it dipping dangerously low. Just my luck that would be!

DAY 3

Good morning and happy weekend :D

Well half a banana shake down, made hot with some coffee! To be honest it did not taste to bad, it kinda tasted of nothing :confused: Haha!

I decided to use half my morning shake powder because I am not hungry in the mornings but I do feel light headed and foggy at the same time and now that I have had it, I feel a little better yet I still have "3" meals still to look forward to lol Makes sense in my head at least.

My lovely, lovely hubby has been fantastic, I really got lucky the day I snared him, he has now just gone off to get a blender for me and do the shopping for the week,(with a list in hand! LOL) it helps to have his support.

I am on DAY 3! I cannot believe this! My life was centred around food just 3 days ago! Planning, buying, cooking or just plain scoffing and now it just does not figure in my life, even if it is in my head haha!

I hope everyone else has a great day!

My thought of the day:
I don't want to feel like crap any more because my kids are the one with the fat mum.

x

Wow Day 3 has been a toughie! About to have my Veg soup! I have cooked up a chicken breast and put it in the fridge for "emergencies" the plan being if I HAVE to eat something, taking a nibble of chicken ( not the whole breast) will be better then raiding the cheese drawer!

Tough day today as I said but not given in yet. I have so many functions coming up this year that I have to do this! Not just for them but because I want to be thin dammit! Hell I don't even want thin...slim will be just fine! See..I'm not greedy :D:D

Whoop! I finally got an avatar :D

DAY 4

Day 4

Good morning!

Halved my morning shake again and had a hot strawberry with a spoon of coffee in! It tasted nicer then it sounds haha! It feels like I have had a yummy creamy coffee to start the day!

Yesterday went ok in the end, did not even give in to a bite of the chicken I cooked up! I think its just nice knowing there is "something" there in the fridge that I can nibble on if I really want to. I do the 15 min rule...if I still want it in 15 mins I can have it...usually I forget ;)

Sneak Peak on the scales this morning!
Day 4 - I am down 5.5lbs!
:talk017:

I saw this Dr Seuss quote! I LOVE it!

"Today is YOUR day, Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way"

Perfect ;)

Yay well done! You're off to a good loss this week, and I absolutely love that quote.

Hi Summer Rain

You're doing great. I'm going to try the Strawberry shake hot now I've read your post. I normally blitz it up with loads of ice and water and drink it like a smoothie. The banana is nice that way too.

I don't like the vanilla shakes cold so I make it hot with a good shake of cinnamon and use an electric wand whisk to froth it up. If I close my eyes I can pretend it is an apple danish! The banana is pretty good like that too. I also drink the chocolate shake hot and add a tablet sweetener, yummy.

Like you I try and split the bars into two and eat them over a period of time. I really like them.

To make my soups go further, I add a good dash of hot pepper sauce (I use the Encona brand as it doesn't contain citric acid), and then whisk it up with a lot more boiling water, at least twice as much as the packet suggests. Sometimes I add a little fresh chopped herbs as well. I am hungrier in the evenings, and that's been my downfall in my pre-diet days. The bigger portion of soup and fills me up more. I tend to have a Dr Pepper Zero or Coke Zero for "pudding". Anything to keep me on track! ;)
Good luck with your next week. It really does get easier once you are in Ketosis. Drinking plenty of water definitely helps with the weight loss and appetite suppression.

Thanks so much to you girls taking the time to reply, it helps soooooooo much! Thanks Julie for those really helpful tips, they will really help! :)

Can I just say...somehow I have turned into the world's most amazing cook! Because the stew that is bubbling away for the rest of the family that I have made, smells bleeming delicious! :mad::mad:

Apart from the stew torture, today is going ok. Just had the choc and orange bar. Not as keen on that one as I am the toffee but hey, its food, I am not fussy right now haha!

Going to have mushroom soup for my dinner..yum! (Hopefully!) Not had my usual glass of coke zero and ice yet, so something to look forward to :D

If Im making stew I usually use the slow cooker and that way I dont have to smell it too much. Cuts down on the torture, lol.

Day 4 nailed :D

Had my mushroom soup for dinner this evening and it was actually quite nice! When I dished up the lush smelling stew for the rest of the family I can quite honestly say I didn't want any! Result!

I have no idea if I am in ketosis for cert as I refuse to buy sticks, I'm a great believer in just going with the flow, POAS and seeing a desired colour or not won't change my day or how Im feeling. That's just me personally.

Going by my body though I suspect I am or at least nearing it. I still have the odd pang of hunger but no headaches or dizziness today, thank God no more dizziness as that was awful! I also feel full of energy and started doing annoying jobs around the house that have been bugging me! I'm liking this feeling!

So today, strawberry shake halved, half after I got up, half around lunchtime. Oh I think I was asked how I halved it? I can't quote posts sorry I am on my phone right now but I just half it purely by guess, pouring some of the powder into my mug then putting the packet and the rest of it's contents to one side until later.

I had my choc and orange bar late afternoon and finished with a mushroom soup for dinner! Add lots of water and a glass and a half of coke zero and that was my day!

I hope you lovely fellow exante'rs are having a lovely evening! I'm off to watch Dancing on Ice!

Bring on Day 5!

Oh honey well done for resisting the stew! What a positive post from you, very inspiring, got me feeling more motivated for tomorrow.
Sounds like you're in K, don't like the ketostix either, they can be unreliable. Il be splitting those shakes too then, thx for the tip x

Day 5

I'm freeeeeeeezing!:cry:

I know that this is a good sign for weight loss but I'm so cold :( I never thought I would be so pleased to have my laptop get hot haha! I'm all snuggly with it :D

Day 5!
Wow! I am really doing this! I have told no one but OH that I am doing this and I have it in my head that one day I will emerge all slim! Kinda like a butterfly taking their first flight and everyone will be wowed! I am almost positive people won't be wowed as I sure they have stuff in their life they are more interested in but in my head I will be adored and people will be on the verge of asking for autographs :cool::D

I have been sorting out some photos as when I do get to target I want to put an album of my journey in pictures on FB...its so daft but I am shy to have pictures up there yet of me?! Its crazy because people see me everyday, they know I am fat, its not as if I can hide it :D I will publicly acknowledge and be "proud" of my fat the day its gone, that's when my fat gets a chance to prance onto facebook and only because there will be slim pictures right with it to counteract the nastiness haha!

My menu for today so far:

Half a vanilla shake this morning, made cold with crushed ice and a spoonful of coffee! OH MY, YUMMY!! I blended it all up and it was scrummy, though I was scared to bust my new blender with the ice cubes, so I bashed them some on the kitchen side with a rolling pin then added them.

12pm- I had the other half of vanilla shake done in just the same way as above.

15.00 - Just had my toffee and raisin bar! I wish I could marry them! Much prefer them to the choc orange ones!

I may have a mug of bouillon when I cook tea for the rest of the family, then I shall have a hot bath and tuck into a tomato and basil soup with copious amounts of black pepper added! The tomato soup is ok actually but, oh my, the colour is erm...scary, kinda neon vomit :D Sorry!:cool:

My reason today to lose all this junk I am carrying around is because I want to jump on the trampoline this summer with my son and be a total fruit loop with him. He is getting older and won't have "time" for us boring parents soon :cry:

I hope your day is going ok, I love the exante board, its like a little family with all the quirky and different personalities!

x

Last edited:
Im exactly the same Summer. I show complete strangers my fat pictures just so they can see how much weight Ive lost, lol.

Back