No longer the FAT friend..Blowing off the cobwebs! Contains Food Talk.

Interestingly enough I've been having stomach problems from when I went back onto exante. Took a couple of days to settle down when I went back onto food but its great now.

I won't lie Jo, I am pretty concerned by it, in the sense that the ONLY thing going into my tummy is exante products and now I have inflammation of the stomach lining. But as I have only been on for 10 days the Dr is willing to let me go for longer to see if it settles down on its own as "One of those things" if it doesn't I will have to rethink things! Grrrrr annoying as my head is committed to this now but I can't cope with the pain :(

Day 12

Day 12.

Still going strong and 100% TS. Touch wood it seems my meds are working and my tummy has settled down so I am hopeful it was just one of those things, time will tell.

Annoyingly I have my totm this week :( So going by the scales my weight loss WILL be affected. Its not actually going up but its hardly going down either! I am pleased though that its not going up as under normal circumstances when totm hits or is about to I can gain up to 6lb in retention and I am not seeing anything like that! I will still weigh Thursday and record the results but secretly I am hurrying this week out of the way in my head and looking forward to week 3 weigh in when totm will be gone!

What does feel weird though is even after just 12 days, I FEEL thinner! My tummy and midriff are not bloated, my fingers feel super skinny and dare I say it? I think I am losing a chin! Which is ok as I have a few spare hahaha!

Hope everyone else is doing ok, I will catch up properly in between real life being a bit demanding right now :(

x

Good morning I've found you.. Well done for staying 100% and being in such a great frame of mind.

It's great when u feel the difference in your own body.
Good luck for Thursday I will be back to nose to see how u are getting on. X

Day 12.

Still going strong and 100% TS. Touch wood it seems my meds are working and my tummy has settled down so I am hopeful it was just one of those things, time will tell.

Annoyingly I have my totm this week :( So going by the scales my weight loss WILL be affected. Its not actually going up but its hardly going down either! I am pleased though that its not going up as under normal circumstances when totm hits or is about to I can gain up to 6lb in retention and I am not seeing anything like that! I will still weigh Thursday and record the results but secretly I am hurrying this week out of the way in my head and looking forward to week 3 weigh in when totm will be gone!

What does feel weird though is even after just 12 days, I FEEL thinner! My tummy and midriff are not bloated, my fingers feel super skinny and dare I say it? I think I am losing a chin! Which is ok as I have a few spare hahaha!

Hope everyone else is doing ok, I will catch up properly in between real life being a bit demanding right now :(

x

hey summerrain, im on day 13 and it is also my TOTM.. feeling very worried because i feel like i have lost no weight and the odd time ive looked at my scales, they havent been moving at all! i hope TOTM is the reason why... when do you think the loss would show, if its going to? wasnt sure if u only gained before and not on period lol x

Miss jam I gained 1 lb last week Tuesday cause of totm. And lost it the day I had finished totm.

Up your water while on totm, it helps. X

So glad I don't have these things to contend with. I love my coil.:)

Just hang on in there Summer. You know the reason the scales aren't moving and if you ride it out you should get a good loss next week.

Hi Ladies
I had the same problem last week and actually gained weight even though I had been on TS. I know I didn't drink enough water last week and I think that contributed to the weight gain as well. Luckily it all dropped off at the beginning of this week plus another pound. I've been drinking at least 2 litres of water a day and I think that helped as well. I'm desperate to get under 13 stone before I go on hols late next week, but it might be too much to hope for. I'm planning to have Exante for two meals a day when I am hols when I can, so I don't regain any of the weight I've worked so hard to lose. Fingers crossed.

hey summerrain, im on day 13 and it is also my TOTM.. feeling very worried because i feel like i have lost no weight and the odd time ive looked at my scales, they havent been moving at all! i hope TOTM is the reason why... when do you think the loss would show, if its going to? wasnt sure if u only gained before and not on period lol x

Hi hun,

I am having a weird totm which is not helping things lol but if I am honest on my weigh day I am not expecting to of lost much if anything. My weigh day is Thursday and I am about 2 days into a weird totm lol! When I use to calorie count at this time of the month, a few days leading up to the first day of my period I could gain anything up to 6lb then when my period started it would kinda stick like that for a while...scary! But usually by the next weigh day after my period had stopped I had dropped that 6lb and more. Annoying that totm has to butt in on our weight loss plans :( lol xx

Last edited:
Miss jam I gained 1 lb last week Tuesday cause of totm. And lost it the day I had finished totm.

Up your water while on totm, it helps. X

That water advice is one of the best pieces of advice that can be given at this time of the month, I really do notice on the scales even more if I am not drinking enough at totm x

So glad I don't have these things to contend with. I love my coil.:)

Just hang on in there Summer. You know the reason the scales aren't moving and if you ride it out you should get a good loss next week.

Oh thank you for your support Jo xx I would think about a coil IF I was not half and half about adding to our family maybe one day! Haha I must be nuts I know :D

Gutted that totm has arrived on my 2nd week of exante, feels almost cruel lol!

Last edited:
Hi Ladies
I had the same problem last week and actually gained weight even though I had been on TS. I know I didn't drink enough water last week and I think that contributed to the weight gain as well. Luckily it all dropped off at the beginning of this week plus another pound. I've been drinking at least 2 litres of water a day and I think that helped as well. I'm desperate to get under 13 stone before I go on hols late next week, but it might be too much to hope for. I'm planning to have Exante for two meals a day when I am hols when I can, so I don't regain any of the weight I've worked so hard to lose. Fingers crossed.

You just might get under 13 stone Julie, there is still time and if you don't I would bet money that you would be pretty darn close.;) You really have done so well.

I think thats a brilliant idea about having the exante for 2 meals if you can whilst on hols but also remember to enjoy your holiday to! I do think that even when I have completed my time with exante that I will ALWAYS have some in the house "just in case.." ;)

x

Day 15 - Weigh in Day!

Weigh In 2:

I have lost 3.5lbs! I am very happy with this because of the dreaded totm! Grrr!

This weigh in takes me to 13st 7.5lbs, I have set myself a little goal to get into the 12's by weigh in 4! 12's?! Can you believe that!?!

That will be a danger zone for me as thats usually when people notice and say "oh you're looking well.."etc so my stupid demons tell me I have done "enough"..I must of done as everyone is saying how "great" I am looking! But I will still have sooo much to do, gotta stick at it!

I have had a couple of very, very hungry days, I am hopeful that was because of totm and the hunger won't be as vicious as that for a while at least! I did ride it out but boy it was tough! lol

I found this quote, soooo true:

"Don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in your way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway"

On to week 3 I go!

I hope everyone else has a lovely day x

Back