No longer the FAT friend..Blowing off the cobwebs! Contains Food Talk.

SummerRain

Hi everyone!

Well after urming and ahhing for quite a while I decided to really research VLCD's for a few months and by doing so, I have decided to commit to Exante! Starting tomorrow! Eeeek

I will update all my weight stats in the morning when I am on the laptop as right now I am using this very swish app!

I am excited but a little nervous. I have been lurking here for what seems an age, I am so impressed by your diaries and how supportive everyone is.

I look forward to no longer being the fat friend! :)

Xx

Last edited:
Good luck chuck, I started today. It's hard but it will be sooooo worth it. I indentify completely with being the fat friend. My mates are all glam size 10's and I feel like an elephant next to them. Looking forward to the day when I can borrow their clothes!

Thanks Chika for the reply! How has your first day gone? Do you feel a weird kind of excitement about it all?

I'm just getting my son sorted for school then I shall add all my weights and goals! Have not been honest with myself regarding all that for a long time so will feel weird seeing it in black and White!

Good luck with your journey :D
Once you get past the first few days and have a few head battles with your cravings you will find it becomes 2nd nature! Look forward to seeing your 1st week weigh in :D

Thanks so much Fulltum! I really hope it will become 2nd nature as I want this so bad! Guess I have to put the effort in then..! Eek sounds so easy to type! :eek:

So here we go...starts here!:wave_cry:

Start weight is 14st 4lbs which is 200lb.

I want to get down to around 10 stone which is 140lb and when there, I will go on a healthy eating plan which I hope will take me down to around 9stone 6 ish. I know at that weight I look and most importantly feel healthy. I am also hoping that under a calorie controlled healthy eating plan, I will be in control of introducing a healthy yet varied range of foods back into my life! If I do it as calorie controlled I will be able to see all the numbers going in and coming out..lol I work better when I can see the numbers in black and white ;) haha! I also feel that will help me learn to deal with food better to help set me up for the rest of my life. I am always going to be a person who has to watch their weight but I don't want my life to always center around it either. So with having a stage where I am strict in watching the calories and the effect they have on me, I hope to ease into...well...life!

All sounds so simple in my head! :eek:

Okay so first glass of water down already! That is the one thing I feel will get me a bit "hmpf" I dont actually drink a lot of tea or coffee but I LOVE my morning cup of tea, getting up to have a glass of water just does not feel the same. I can't handle black tea :(

After a couple of weeks I am going to introduce a cup of tea in the morning with a splash of milk and see if it makes any difference to any losses. I want to though give myself 2 weeks before I do that so I can get into the "zone" and in control. If I allow myself little things already that "may" be ok, I know me and I wont take the rest of the day seriously. I hope that makes some kind of sense if you are reading lol!

Ok! So off to have my first shake! I have decided to go for a chocolate one and have it hot!

Good luck to everyone else! Here is to a great day!

x

Welcome to Exante :) You sound absolutely in the right zone... enjoy your shake :)

Hope it goes well for you. Im of a similar weight and have gone from being the slimmest friend to the fattest one. I just cant seem to keep the weight of lately, just dont seem to have had the motivation. So now....Im hoping this is my moment(ooo i can hear a song coming on)
I have some really positive days when i think this is great and other days when i think I dont get why I cant eat a lovely low fat meal. Anyway so far Im sticking to it and finding it fine. My first week was my hardest...I was starving. Im on week 3 now and just about to order my next bundle so I must be ready to comit to the next month.
Good luck with it all xx

Welcome hun and good luck!! You sound so "in the zone" so im sure you;ll do fab! Im restarting today so am looking forward to reading your diary :D Will be a ab feeling to no longer be the "fat friend"....its something i cant wait for too! xx

Thank you all so much for the lovely welcome! I don't think I will be straying to far from the boards here as they are so motivational and full of people who "get it."

My Choc shake this morning was actually not to bad! I used just over 400mls of hot water, I may use less next time as think I would like it thicker. Hmmm the hard choice to make is, thicker or more of it?! Because even made up with 400mls it did not touch the sides haha! I will though have to get better at de-lumping it! I will get there though!

I am though, starving! Typical...I don't usually start getting hungry til about 11-12 but yep, today, I woke up starving! My body is bleeming psychic I swear!

I am an hour in front as in Germany as am a forces wife, so soon I think I may treat myself to half of one of the toffee bars! I fancy saving half for tonight which is when I would usually munch on crisps, cheese and all that other junk!

I am doing ok on the water front, though I may soon be posting from the loo! As I think it will just be easier to move into that little room.

I have some coke zero to "treat" myself with later. I am a HUGE diet coke addict...so ideally I would love to cut down on the fizzy stuff and I am actually not to sure how much coke zero is safe anyway. So I figured later I will have a glass filled with ice cubes as a treat and a break from the water!

Hmm, I ramble huh! Sorry! lol

I hope everyone else's day is going well!

Oh blimey! Right now I could eat my arm! I also feel a bit "spaced out" I guess because usually by this time of the day I have fed myself enough to feed a small country!

First major obstacle coming up! Cooking tea for hubby and son and its bleeming sausages :( I think I will get it all sorted for them then go take a nice relaxing bath with some new smellies and then come down and tuck into my soup! I am going to try the tomato one as I have heard such mixed things about it, I want to get it out the way lol!

Oh and I still have half a toffee bar to munch later! I cant believe how happy that makes me hahaha!

Hi Cla1red! Good luck for tomorrow, be sure to let me know how your doing! It's nice chatting to people at the same sort of stage :)

Well it's nearly 7.30 here and I have just finished my tomato soup! I did put a lot of pepper in it and it was not actually to bad even if the colour looked a bit scientific!

I am though pretty grumpy :( I have snapped at the fam quite a bit but I am so lucky that my hubby is really understanding and supportive and is not paying no heed to my grumpy moments. I also still feel spaced out a little but given what my diet has been like up til today it's fully expected! De-toxing from all the crap I have been filling my body with!

I did not save my half bar, I ended up eating that at 4, as I was starting to feel sick with hunger a little.

Tomorrow I am going for a shake in the morning at some point...as late as I can manage, then a bar for lunch, again as late as I can then a soup for dinner, rather then trying to save something for tv time in the evening. I think for this first week at least that I will be having pretty early nights anyway lol!

I hope everyone else had a good day! Its been lovely meeting you all, you all really are a great bunch!

X

Glad I'm not the only one, well not glad you suffer at that time to but nice to know someone understands lol! I think I convinced myself I would need something for later evening when really I feel just fine now and it's near 8! So think I am going for having the 3 packs in the day and maybe use evenings to pamper myself or get into a good book! Ah party animal me! lol x

hey you, never saw your thread, how you coping on Exante
im sure your kicking ass

Lol the excitment gets overwhelming on this diet sometimes. Im lucky in that Im not an evening eater so night times dont bother me in the slightest.

Well done hon, you're doing great. I struggle in the evenings too! A book sounds good. X

Seriously hang in there, I was shocking till about day 8 then it started to get easier. i defo prefer the shakes with a sweetner in...wat a difference they made. I also mixed the choc with the banana today and that was nice too. The first week i was only going to order soups but im into the shakes now too which is better. keep it up xx

Back