No more excuses diary

Good evening all
What a day,it was bedlam. I know we are closed tomorrow because its St Patrick day but you would swear we were off for a month. Was like Christmas only we are more prepared for Christmas. Made worse by my hip acting up. Anyway its over now.
So brunch today was some fruit. Dinner was roast beef, roast potatoes, roasted carrot, broccoli and courgette. Roasted carrots are quickly becoming a favourite of mine. Tea was tinned spaghetti and a slim,heb, and a pear.
I treated myself to some chocolate biscuit cake. I didn't feel well after it.it was probably half of what I would normally have eaten but itis obviouslystilltoo much. I won't be doing that again.
Managed 1.5litre of water and a herbal tea plus coffees and teas.
Tomorrow is a bank holiday in Ireland. So for dinner its bacon and cabbage with boiled spuds. Its usually a big celebration with parades and lots and lots of green 😂😂😂fueled by crazy amounts of alcohol but this year it is very different. We are in lockdown, no parades, no pubs. Just like last year. A very different kind of paddy's day. Im sure it will be nice whatever way we spend it.

Lá Fhéile Pádraig sona duit!

I hope you had your family had a lovely Saint Patrick's in these trying times. The meal you were going to have today sounds great. The simplest meals are often the best.

Ah bacon and cabbage, do you do it the old fashioned way and cook the cabbage in the bacon water and then use that stock to pour over the potato. I don't know how long it is since I've had bacon and cabbage.
We had a "parade"in the garden

Yes @tipperary the only way to eat bacon and cabbage. Never do it any other way but the bacon has to be smoked for me. How was your parade?

Its a typical Irish dinner @purpleorc perfect for the day.

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day. Very unlike st Patrick day in my youth when it rained all day. I remember walking in the parade wearing a transparent rain coat as it lashed down.
Anyway I did treat myself yesterday. I had fruit for breakfast. Then i had a slice of chocolate biscuit cake around 12. Dinner was bacon cabbage and turnip but not a lot of potatoes. I was already trying to clawback my cake 😂😂 but I had enough. Later i had another slice of cake with a cup of tea, that claw back really didn't work out 😂😂
Oh well its a new day. Going to sp today. Have bacon cabbage and turnip for dinner, no potatoes. Plenty of fruit. I just want to hold onto my stone bracket, we will see

Gammon for dinner for me today. But I must give your way a try as it sounds yummy to me. But i am serving with 4 steamed veg and steamed potatoes with syn free gravy. Any gammon left over will make for a lovely salad tea tomorrow

Good evening all
Another day down and completed my sp day. That might help undo some biscuit cake from yesterday 😂😂 I'm okay with it. It was a special occasion that doesn't happen but once a year. This is a long term solution and these days do happen. Ita all a part of life.
Brunch was a fruit salad. Dinner was cabbage, turnip and bacon. Followed by apple, pear and an orange. Tea was slim, heb, cheese triangle, 1.5 syns and ham. And a pear.
Water today was 1.5 litres and a herbal tea.
I keep forgetting about my Berocca for 0.5 syns. I have one every morning on the way to work. Lately i have tried to eat some fruit on the way to work also but not always. I can't eat too early in the morning. It doesn't sit right if i do

Good evening all
Today was a good diet day. Brunch was fruit. Dinner was lasagne, 4 syns, broccoli and courgette. Tea was a slim and fruit salad.
Water intake wasn't good today. I was too busy to even think about it .
Exhausted this evening and looking forward to the weekend off. I need to take a few hours for myself to curl up and chill out.

Your menu yesterday sounds good. I am rubbish with my water intake, I just am not consistent enough. I have started to use a vibration plate. I am feeling it in my thighs/buttocks and abdomen so hopefully started to tone me up. I have now used the vibration plate for a week plus do different exercises set by my physio mainly pilates I believe. It is enough exercises for me as I soon fatigue.

Hi all, hoping every one is well.
I haven't been on much this past week. I was pretty busy with cakes and when i wasn't i was exhausted.
I lost 2.25lb this week, I am chuffed. I reached my original Easter challenge target of 18lb. That's a nice chunk of weight in 11 weeks.
This week I tried something new. I consciously ate more. That's right, i ate more. Usually I would have fruit salad for my brunch. This week i had crackers,heb, and a cheese triangle 1.5 syns, and a piece of fruit every morning. Then as usual i had my dinner around 2 followed by fruit and a herbal tea. At tea time i had a thin, 6 syns, with ham and coleslaw or tinned spaghetti and some more fruit.
This increased my syn use for the week and gave me what felt like 3 meals. As usual i snacked on fruit.
This all came about because I came across my old food diary and I was eating a lot more last time around. I had loads of notes on eating enough to lose the weight and using my syns.
Some days i would only class myself as having 2 meals and was eating a lot of fruit. My syns were very low on a daily basis and i often went without using any at all. I was starting to think I was not losing enough for the small amounts of food i was consuming. So i decided to eat more, healthily obviously and I am happy out with my loss this week.
Only time will tell if it continues.

I didn't have a treat today after my weighin, the weekend is going to be full of temptations being Easter. This lifestyle will have celebrations of different kinds and I have to allow myself some wiggle room when they come around.

That's a great loss Simone, well done and great that you got the original easter target

Good morning all.
Well its Thursday. I have to mentally remind myself of that because I keep thinking its Friday. Im finding this week very long being honest.
So I'm on plan this week. Ive done 2 sp days because the weekend will be full on celebration. I need a blowout. So takeaway planned for Saturday evening and after that no plans for dinners. Back to plan from Monday.
Today's dinner is lasagne and broccoli. Tomorrow is a black fast. I have no idea what the menu is, I will figure it out.
Hoping everyone is looking forward to Easter.

Good evening all. Back on track since yesterday after a blow out of a weekend. Ate way too much rubbish at the weekend. Donuts and pizza and a hot cross bun and biscuits on Saturday.
Sunday was a roast beef dinner with all the trimmings and very little speed. Then chocolate, lots of chocolate and more biscuits.I had planned on being back on plan from Monday but nope more junk ob Monday.
Oh well, silly really but its done now.
I've had a few days off work but im back tomorrow. Dinners for the rest of the week are sorted.
Plenty of water and fruit ready to go.
Theres a leaving party on Friday at work im not sure what the plan is for that but I will avoid the usual junk that comes with these things.
I will weigh myself in the morning and deal with the gain. Hopefully shake it off in a few weeks and not longer 🙏😬😅

I think many of us was tempted by the Easter fayre but as you say you will lose in the next few weeks,

Good that you have planned dinners for rest of week. I tend to plan a head then I tend not to go over on syns for that day. My downfall is Hex A I have never been a dairy lover. But I do manage a milky coffee made with one of these machines which grind and percolate the coffee. So there is not many days in the week I eat both Hex A.

Back