Total Solution No more yo yo-ing!

You deserve a night out after all that Zumbaring. x

Thanks Susie -meal out was a disaster! We had to send lots of meals back as they were wrong - got a round of free drinks and I got my meal knocked off the bill but we won't be eating there again.

Have a good day mrs :) x

Thanks TH - my nephew and his girlfriend have just gone with hubby to get their train home and the house feels very quiet as hubby is out working today, so I'm working from home, alone.

I only have today tomorrow and weds to do business work as next week we have off to take my other nephew camping.

Still working Thurs and Friday at the nursery though.

It's the race on Sunday - eek!

Thanks TH - my nephew and his girlfriend have just gone with hubby to get their train home and the house feels very quiet as hubby is out working today, so I'm working from home, alone. I only have today tomorrow and weds to do business work as next week we have off to take my other nephew camping. Still working Thurs and Friday at the nursery though. It's the race on Sunday - eek!

Excited for your race! Love the buzz of a fitness event. Everyone is do supportive :) u will ace it no problems!

I'm a firm believer in enjoying the the journey. Too often we focus on the destination and kill ourselves to get there, so when we reflect on it, we don't necessarily view it as a positive thing.

I got injured a week before my second marathon. They sent me a finishers t shirt before the event. Bad move! So I decided to do it, even if I had to walk to 26.2 miles. I had paid for it, trained for 3 months for it and wanted the medal. I didn't set any goals other than to view everything as a positive. I loved every step of that marathon. Grateful to be healthy enough to take part, grateful that I could afford to take part etc. I met some lovely people on the day and has a weirdly wonderful time :) x

Thanks Susie -meal out was a disaster! We had to send lots of meals back as they were wrong - got a round of free drinks and I got my meal knocked off the bill but we won't be eating there again.

Oh dear, where was that ?

Such a shame about your evening out but at least you were all together - I'm excited for your race too, am sure you'll do fab :) xx

Excited for your race! Love the buzz of a fitness event. Everyone is do supportive :) u will ace it no problems! I'm a firm believer in enjoying the the journey. Too often we focus on the destination and kill ourselves to get there, so when we reflect on it, we don't necessarily view it as a positive thing. I got injured a week before my second marathon. They sent me a finishers t shirt before the event. Bad move! So I decided to do it, even if I had to walk to 26.2 miles. I had paid for it, trained for 3 months for it and wanted the medal. I didn't set any goals other than to view everything as a positive. I loved every step of that marathon. Grateful to be healthy enough to take part, grateful that I could afford to take part etc. I met some lovely people on the day and has a weirdly wonderful time :) x

That sounds fab TH - and totally resonates. As I have been training for this since just after Easter after my miscarriage I had set myself a goal to run it non stop and get a sub hour time. Instead of focussing on my achievements (went from not running to running 4.5 miles non stop, my first 10k, achieving a 10 min mile pace over 3 miles and many more) I have been stressing about the race, beating myself up - should have upped my distance before now, can't walk any sections that will be failing etc. I have decided to give myself a break and enjoy it. I ran/walked the distance in 1 hr 13 the other day. I intend to do exactly the same on race day - taking regular walking breaks. Rome wasn't built in a day and I don't want to get injured.

You would think I would learn after the 15k I attempted 3 years ago (my first race, this 10k is my second ever race) when I ran walked in training then on the day thought - screw this I'm not walking - and promptly knackered my knee - having to hobble to finish. After that I didn't run again for 2years.

So no, my goal is to finish the race uninjured, for Layla. I'm not going to try and do anything on race day that I haven't done in training. As much as it will pain me not to try and run the distance I think I need to stick to a walk / run cycle. do you think I could cut down the walking breaks? Oh damn it I really want to run it all!

Such a shame about your evening out but at least you were all together - I'm excited for your race too, am sure you'll do fab :) xx

Thanks Katie! I'm excited too, but not sure what strategy to take (see my diatribe in response to TH on here)

I'm not really posting much about food this week as I'm focused on the race and planning to eat clean where possible, ensuring I have plenty of energy. Will still weigh on weds as usual..

No junk for me today, lots of veggies, fruit, lean meat and pasta. No alcohol this week either.

That sounds fab TH - and totally resonates. As I have been training for this since just after Easter after my miscarriage I had set myself a goal to run it non stop and get a sub hour time. Instead of focussing on my achievements (went from not running to running 4.5 miles non stop, my first 10k, achieving a 10 min mile pace over 3 miles and many more) I have been stressing about the race, beating myself up - should have upped my distance before now, can't walk any sections that will be failing etc. I have decided to give myself a break and enjoy it. I ran/walked the distance in 1 hr 13 the other day. I intend to do exactly the same on race day - taking regular walking breaks. Rome wasn't built in a day and I don't want to get injured. You would think I would learn after the 15k I attempted 3 years ago (my first race, this 10k is my second ever race) when I ran walked in training then on the day thought - screw this I'm not walking - and promptly knackered my knee - having to hobble to finish. After that I didn't run again for 2years. So no, my goal is to finish the race uninjured, for Layla. I'm not going to try and do anything on race day that I haven't done in training. As much as it will pain me not to try and run the distance I think I need to stick to a walk / run cycle. do you think I could cut down the walking breaks? Oh damn it I really want to run it all!

On the day you will have some adrenaline so you might be able to shorten the walk breaks but u will know how it feels. The main point is that you enjoy it. See everything and everyone, smell the smells, feel the wind and rain and sunshine and appreciate it all. Take photos! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy... There are millions of other 10ks that you can enter. This is not the one and only.

You've come a long way so enjoy and celebrate that fact. I absolutely wish I could run the distance that you can but I can't. So you run/walk and remember how far you've come. Big pat on the back for you honey :) x

Just been catching up with your diary, yoyo. You have done really well! Have you always been such a keen runner? I have always dabbled with the idea of running, but I have horrible memories dating back to secondary school, where we had to run 1 km. I know that isn't a particularly long distance, but I was really unfit - still am!

Just been catching up with your diary, yoyo. You have done really well! Have you always been such a keen runner? I have always dabbled with the idea of running, but I have horrible memories dating back to secondary school, where we had to run 1 km. I know that isn't a particularly long distance, but I was really unfit - still am!

Thanks Sleek - no I used to hate running and somehow the bug has got me ;) I have started running and stopped a few times in the past due to injury but I think this time round I'm more likely to stick with it.

Well done Yoyo. You will be ultra fit by the weekend x

Gutted. All these months of training and I'm injured again :( the pain in my knee has come back so I'm planning to rest for the rest of the week and then hopefully I won't be in pain during the race.

Oh no. Did just come on all of a sudden ?

Back