No motivation...nearly ready to throw in the towel

Despite the fact that i've paid for coaching for 3 months and that i have lost 13lb in 4 weeks ( which i know is great) i'm just losing motivation to carry on. I'm missing other foods not bad stuff like chocolate and crisps but like jacket potato and pasta and sauces - just other flavours! I try and make recipes off here and dukanitout but none seem to work out that well so i end up not eating them. I don't like fish, prawns etc although i like tinned salmon and tuna however without a jacket or mayo (don't like dukan mayo) its a struggle to eat them.
I had hoped that the weight loss would be enough to spur me on but i'm flagging. How does everyone cope without the variety? I'm meant to be off cruise end of Nov if reach true weight - currently 158lb goal is 150lb.
Kerry

You're only 8lbs from goal! You'll kick yourself if you give up now...I find that I have lots of variety with Dukan, especially since you can make Dukan bread and desserts etc but maybe you should get some of those Asian noodles that are Dukan friendly and add them to dishes if you're missing carb-y foods or instead of potato make some mashed veg cakes or something for your PV days? You can do this, you just need a kick in the bottom like we all do once in a while! ;) x

8lbs from goal is so close and end November only a few weeks away - as said you will kick yourself if you come off without feeling that you got to were you want to be - I know it's not quite the same but root vegetables make great mashes (as does cauliflower) - can also make rosti type cakes to go with food.

Do you struggle particularly with PP days or PV as well?

It's your mind playing tricks - I had the same problem when I got to the end of a long hard project. I wanted to finish, I'd put months of work into it, getting up early everyday, missing social events - finishing was all I wanted.

Yet the closer I got, the harder it seemed, the more I wanted all the things I had put aside temporarily for while I was doing it, the worse those last 5 weeks looked.

And I cracked, GDI! - I took a break, then another, and lost the plot - and instead of 5 weeks it took me THREE YEARS to finish - and I still had to get up early and skip social events and work long hours, and I lost £30,000.00 I would have been paid if I'd delivered on time.

To which I would add this very real warning.

If you stop now and start eating jacket potatoes - which are justabout the highest GI food there is - (higher even than chips!) - you certainly won't stabilise the weight you have now - you will simply put back all the weight you have lost to so far, and quite possibly add more!

If you really really think you can't go the distance, please, please go into conso, so you can reintroduce carbs slowly, and not undo everything you have achieved so far.

Do you have an example of any of your daily menus?

If you're in a food rut, there really are virtually limitless options of meals to cook, it just takes a bit of practice.

If you're really missing potatoes, try a butternut squash instead. There are lots of alternatives at this this of year and there are a lot of different squashes available, as well as pumpkin, swede, etc. You can roast them like a jacket, mash, or even cut your own chips.

I'd urge you not to give up because you're so close to goal, and unfortunately if you do, you know ultimately what's going to happen and you'll be a lot less happy then than you are right now!

and, Kerry, I'd be interested in hearing what the coaching team respond if you post the same question to them!

I'm still here and still going (just).
I fill out my daily report each day saying no motivation but the motivational tips just say keep going with some quite strange encouragement tips!
I really want to get to goal but everytime i sit down to eat,no matter how hungry i am,i just don't want to eat the food.

Where do i get Asian noodles from (sounds like they may be my lifeline! Also i bought BNS if i want to make chips etc do i need to par boil first then roast? - I'll ask this on the forum also!

Back