No regrets Bride to be

Thanks Blondecat! Well done to you too, you are so determined! Would love a slice of your motivation!!

Hi Juju! Well done to you too. 9lbs in 3 weeks is fantastic!!
im getting married this October! I would love to be at goal by then which is 10.4 and a very comfortable size 12.
Im going wedding dress shopping on Saturday. I'm sooo nervous about it. I wish I had lost more weight for it, I thought I'd be at least a half stone lighter than I am now. But fingers crossed I find the dream dress.

i find my weight loss slow and if I stray off plan at all, I always get a weight gain which can be very hard to deal with when you have 6/7 good days and one bad day!!

Went to the doctor yesterday as I haven't been feeling well for a while. She recommended I come off the pill immediately as I've been suffering with headaches/migraines and my blood pressure has started to rise. She's also running my bloods to see if I'm deficient in anything and that my thyroid is working correctly. So hopefully I'll get some answers!!

your thread is an inspiring journey to read. keep up the good work and motivation!
i hope all went well for your wedding preaparation

Got the results from the doctor and thankfully I'm very healthy. My vitamin B was on the low side of normal so I got supplements for that in Boots but nothing to be worried about at all.

Still very fed up with the slow weight loss, instead of losing weight for February I gained weight! I could scream!! I'm sticking to slimming world religiously and exercising at least 5 days a week!

So I've decided to change diet. I'm going to try the Paelo diet for 3 weeks and see how I get on. I completed day 1 today.
will weigh and measure myself tomoro.

Last edited:
Weighed in. 13.2 at the start of the Paelo diet.
on day 3 now. It's going ok, it's just all the food prep and cooking that I'm finding difficult. Absolutely everything is cooked for scratch.

12 days now on the paleo diet. Decided to weigh myself as an incentive to try and say on track as I'm off work until wednesday and I didn't want to be tempted by St. Patrick day celebrations! Anyways I'm delighted to report that I lost 5lbs!!!!! I'm now down to 12.11 and in the overweight BMI range for the first time in years.
It has definitely motivated me to stay on track until 28th of march when I pick my wedding dress!! So there might be a little celebratory lunch/drinks! I would love to be 12.7 by then.

Forgot to measure myself but I'm still doing a lot of exercise. I go to 3 or 4 classes a week and run and cycle myself at weekends.

Day 27 on the paleo and I'm actually really enjoying it now. My blood sugars are always stable so you never crave any junk food at all and my energy levels are definitely better. Plus my sisters keep commenting that my skin looks amazing. But the best part is I've lost another 5lbs!! So that's 10lbs in a month! I'm 12.6 now. The lightest I've been since I was 20!! I didn't cheat at all on the paleo, apart from I've a really bad cold at the moment and I had a few strepsils for my irretating cough.
i also joined unislim on Thursday with my sisters but I think I'll stick to the paleo diet instead while it's working for me.

today I'm off to make the final decision on my wedding dress. I've lost 10lbs since I was last there so I hope it makes a difference. I've almost lost 2 stone since I got engaged and hopefully will lose 2 more.

Completed my first triathlon today!
Got my wedding dress yesterday!
Very productive weekend

I'm still here chugging away at the weight loss. I saw 12stone 4 on the scales for a few days, it's back up 12.5 now don't know why.
I've had 8 personal training sessions and am trying to follow the IIFYM diet using my fitness pal. Not having great success with this because I'm not organised enough!
when my 10sessions are up with my Personal training I'm going to take a break from him for a while and see how much I can push myself in the gym instead. To be honest I don't find him great, he doesn't push me enough and I never feel exhausted after a session!

Back