No support at all

Lighterlifer

Silver Member
Hi guys, I am currently on week on of ssing (restart). Im going strong but my problem is I get no support at all. Nobody at work knows Im doing so I dont expect it from them, but my OH is constantly going on about how he knows I will fail. It really puts a damper on things, and makes it harder when he sita and eats and eats and asks me to go out to eat all the time every day. Ive asked him to stop but he doesnt take me seriously on this diet at all. Has anybody else had this problem? Another thing! He wont stop moaning about my ketosis breath and keeps telling me to chew even tho he knows I cant :( help! xxx

Im sorry that you are having a rough time and feel no support from those arround you. The only thing I can suggest is jump on here any time you need any support we will always be behind you. Maybe yourOH needs a talking to asking why hes not behind you in something that you really need to do and that you really need his support.

My husband has just admitted today that he thought I would fail within 2 weeks of starting this diet and he is so pleased that I have proved him wrong.

Sending loads of hugs and sympathy))))))))xxxx((((((((((((

Hi guys, I am currently on week on of ssing (restart). Im going strong but my problem is I get no support at all. Nobody at work knows Im doing so I dont expect it from them, but my OH is constantly going on about how he knows I will fail. It really puts a damper on things, and makes it harder when he sita and eats and eats and asks me to go out to eat all the time every day. Ive asked him to stop but he doesnt take me seriously on this diet at all. Has anybody else had this problem? Another thing! He wont stop moaning about my ketosis breath and keeps telling me to chew even tho he knows I cant :( help! xxx

Hello - sorry ur having a tough time....:(

Maybe your OH is worried that you won't want him when you lose the weight...:rolleyes: could be he's feeling insecure about the change....could you try to talk to him ? and let him know how ur feeling.....

hope things get better for you soon.....keep up the good work though - you're doing well :)

pop on here if the going gets really tough....you'll always get support on here.....

love

Debz
xx

As the others have said, come on here for all the support you need - you'll get plenty of support and encouragement.

I don't know why your hubby is reacting this way - does he not like the way it effects his life also? ie the not being able to go out to eat together. Maybe he's really happy with you as you are and doesn't want you to change, maybe he doesn't want you to suffer any disappointment and he's worried that you might - there could be lots of reasons.

Hopefully when he sees how you settle into LL he'll see how well you're doing and feeling and be able to show you the support you need.

(((hugs)))

Cath

Sorry when he sees how you settle into SSing is what I meant!

Cath

It's surprising, isn't it, to discover that your nearest and dearest sometimes have very mixed feelings about your diet, and will try again and again to sabotage you, even though they know how much it means to you to lose weight.

All you can do is grit your teeth and get on with it.

Hi ya, :) :)

We will give you support on here, you are doing great keep with it and be strong even if people are making it harder for you.
Does your OH have a weight problem?

Nick :)

My hubby has been just the same, eating all my favourite bad things in front of me etc. After weigh in he would always ask Sam (aka lucky) how she got on, but never asked me. Only now after losing nearly 5 stone has he commented how much less of me there is, but also he is getting jealous too......to be honest im loving the fact that he is feeling insecure, as he has shown me no support.
I am going to the bath meet too in a couple of weeks, and he keeps saying that he thinks im gonna pull.

This is why I have been on minimins so much, if I couldnt come on here and moan, celebrate or play in the arcade, I would do my nut.

Sorry you are not getting any support from your OH :( It must make it so difficult. Maybe like others have suggested talk to him and ask him what his problem is?

You are doing this diet for you, don't let him stand in your way, you'll get loads of support on here :)

Thanks for replying guys! Ive spoken to him in the past about it and over the past few days and it makes no difference, it just makes it that little bit harder believe in myself.

In answer to your question no he isnt overweight. He is the opposite. He trains (boxing and football) 6 days a week, and is 14 1/2 stone of pure muscle! He says he likes me the way I am Im not overweight but I have gained ALOT since we met! I wish hed just tell the truth. He comments on how I eat alot when Im not on a diet, but at the same time says Im fine! Chin up anyway Ill just have to try 2 times harder xxx

Hi ya, :) :)

Maybe he does like you the way you are, but most importantly you don't like the way you are. He sound's like he is fit, congratulations to him, but he needs to help you be happy.
You were slimmer when you meet him so he also finds the slimmer you attractive so what's the problem. You are the most important thing at the moment. And it is okay for someone who has rippling muscles to say you are okay the way you are, but I am sure he wouldn't be happy if he put on a few pounds and you said I like you the way you are.
I think keep up the good work and get to the weight you want to be and then go boxing and get your own back(only joking)

Nick :D :D

Your right. Thats what I tell him, when IM happy I will stop trying! I will be on a diet the day I die if I never hit target hehe. He looks at photos of me slimmer and says "I dont like you there" Maybe thats because he knew how much hard work it took to get me hehe and he can remember all the attention he had to fight off when I was confident :p He just knows he will have to keep an closer eye ;-) xxx

My oh was like that too AND hes a chef which means hed offer to cook dinner (and that is v hard to refuse! cus its so damned good)..but i eventually just told him to F**K OFF lol... it seemed to work lol he kinda got the hint that i was being serious and therefore i will advise you to do the same thing!!....These people are supposed to love us so why the hell cant they support us? sillly men...!!

At least you have us!!!:grouphugg:

hope all is well xxx

Your right. Thats what I tell him, when IM happy I will stop trying! I will be on a diet the day I die if I never hit target hehe. He looks at photos of me slimmer and says "I dont like you there" Maybe thats because he knew how much hard work it took to get me hehe and he can remember all the attention he had to fight off when I was confident :p He just knows he will have to keep an closer eye ;-) xxx

I think you have put your finger on the problem that he is the one who is feeling insecure.

Often before when I would start a diet, my husband who also would berate me for eating too much would arrive home with either a big bar or a box of my favourite chocolates to reward me for being so good on my diet.:eek: :rolleyes:

Knowing full well that chocolate is my downfall:mad:

Thankfully we have moved on from there...But it was not an easy one to overcome.

Before I guess when I went on a diet I was seeking my husbands approval and this then left me vulnerable to his whims.

Now I am losing weight for me it is more in my own control as I have taken responsibility for the outcome.

I feel the only person as regards my diet and health I am answerable to is myself at the end of the day.

Took me years to learn this:sigh:

Love Mini xxx

Have you thought that he may be worried about your health. If you are solesourcing when you aren't overweight then that isn't good for you. He sounds like a fit and healthy chap he probably has your best interests at heart but as a lot of men do he is finding it hard to talk it through with you and so behaving badly instead to try to stop you.

Maybe I'm wrong but may be worth considering.

Dizzy xx

Back