No weigh in this week-CelticChicks Diary

That is so fantastic - not to mention very inspiring - WELL DONE!!!!

Love Barb xxx

Thanks :) Don't know whats wrong with me today but I am STARVING!! Would so love something nice and yummy( and laden with calories!). But I will resist, I'll have something tasty and healthy.

Thanks :) Don't know whats wrong with me today but I am STARVING!! Would so love something nice and yummy( and laden with calories!). But I will resist, I'll have something tasty and healthy.

That's absolutely fantastic!!! Well done you! I'm so happy for you :D .

The bit in bold and red really stood out for me. Before WW I would never have associated healthy food with tasty food! Just to know that I now believe it can be tasty as well, and other people also believe it is a really positive point. Well I think anyway!

A pack of 6 Melba Toast is only 1 point, and you can have marmite on it which is free, or a Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangle which is only half. I always find that really filling considering it's so low in points!

Keep up the good work, you're doing fantastically well! :D

Week 2 weigh in and down another 6lb! I honestly can't believe it. It must be the exercise!! And the total cutting out of any kind of crisps! SO over the moon right now!! And really motivated for another week!!

WOW!!! Well done, such fab weight loss. I am so so pleased for you. :) :) :) :) .

Its great to see such fantastic results. Way to go. :D

Deb x

:D :D Fan Bleedin Tastic :D :D jeez thats brilliant swear to god....whoo hoo, so much in only 2 wks you must feel brill..

hope ya managed to have something nice and healthy to fill the gap :p this coming from a woman who can hardly cook toast..LMAO:D

Didn't have the best weekend. Friday I was just starving, came home and cooked my pointed dinner and was still hungry. My cousin arrived to stay the night and was hungry and wanted a take away, weak hungry moment I thought why not, a treat, so I got my take away which I didn't even enjoy, it was greasy and horrible after all the lovely healthy food I had over the past two weeks.
Saturday got up and brought the dogs for a walk at 9am, came home and got on my cross trainer for 30 mins and felt better, decided not to feel guilty, I had exercised to make up for my treat. Day went fine, pointed everything and had nine points left for dinner. Again my cousin wanted to get a take away, her boyfriend arrived up hungry. I was hungry but decided I hadn't had all my water so drank some and the hunger went, it was obviously just dehydration. When they went to order I really didn't want anything but the old Muireann started talking and ordered anyway!! :( It was DISGUSTING, I bit into a curry roll and the grease actually dripped down my chin :eek:
Today my stomach is killing me, I woke up feeling like something had died in my mouth. My energy levels have dropped and I'm feeling very angry with myself. Weighed this morning, I know I'd be heavier anyway with the food inside me but I'm up half a pound. My weigh in isn't until Wednesday so I will have to make up for it by then but not expecting a loss this week now :cry: . I know I just have to forget it and keep going, its part of a life long way of eating and everyone does it now and again, I just hope I can!
Oh and while I was at it I had a bar of chocolate my friend bought for me. But I didn't touch crisps- that is a miracle in itself. There is no bad food in the house and I'm not going to the shop today so hopefully back on track.
Going to clean the house now and get some exercise in later.

Didn't have the best weekend. Friday I was just starving, came home and cooked my pointed dinner and was still hungry. My cousin arrived to stay the night and was hungry and wanted a take away, weak hungry moment I thought why not, a treat, so I got my take away which I didn't even enjoy, it was greasy and horrible after all the lovely healthy food I had over the past two weeks.
Saturday got up and brought the dogs for a walk at 9am, came home and got on my cross trainer for 30 mins and felt better, decided not to feel guilty, I had exercised to make up for my treat. Day went fine, pointed everything and had nine points left for dinner. Again my cousin wanted to get a take away, her boyfriend arrived up hungry. I was hungry but decided I hadn't had all my water so drank some and the hunger went, it was obviously just dehydration. When they went to order I really didn't want anything but the old Muireann started talking and ordered anyway!! :( It was DISGUSTING, I bit into a curry roll and the grease actually dripped down my chin :eek:
Today my stomach is killing me, I woke up feeling like something had died in my mouth. My energy levels have dropped and I'm feeling very angry with myself. Weighed this morning, I know I'd be heavier anyway with the food inside me but I'm up half a pound. My weigh in isn't until Wednesday so I will have to make up for it by then but not expecting a loss this week now :cry: . I know I just have to forget it and keep going, its part of a life long way of eating and everyone does it now and again, I just hope I can!
Oh and while I was at it I had a bar of chocolate my friend bought for me. But I didn't touch crisps- that is a miracle in itself. There is no bad food in the house and I'm not going to the shop today so hopefully back on track.
Going to clean the house now and get some exercise in later.

Hi CC, your doing really well, its that cousin of ours that needs to sort herself out,,,your gonna have to be selfish and ban takeouts when they visit.....

In a way its good that your tasting these takeouts for what they are .....grease filled crap...and now with feeling ill this morning, if you can only bottle and remember this feeling next time the temptation comes, then it'll be worth it....

1/2 a lb gain is nothing, a good belch from the basement will sort that :p :D and the way you clean your house, you'll have sweat it out in no time.

hang tight, keep going your doing brill....

I think you did well to only go up a half pound!!!

But I would take this that you are lucky to off got off so lightly and the next time it might not work so well in your favour.

I think your cousin should show you a little more support as in the first few weeks of any diet it is hard to be around our trigger foods.

Write up a list of your trigger foods so to be aware of them.

Keep up your exercise as that does help all around with fitness level and mood.

Your doing well and it is no harm being a bit selfish and thinking of your own needs.

Love Mini xxx

Sorry youve had a bad weekend. The thing to focus on is even if you stay the same youve still lost over a stone in 3 weeks which is brilliant by anyones standards!! AND after the description youve given of the food and how little you really enjoyed it youll be a lot inclined to do it again :)

Yesterday is in the past and cant be changed, tomorrow is a fresh start

*HUGS*

Thanks for all of the support. I only managed half of my points today, still feeling a little ill after last night! I cleaned the house from end to end and like I said there is not one bit of bad food in my house, so really feel like tomorrow is a fresh ( clean) new week, I love the feeling when my house is gleaming! :eek:

Think I have drank about 3 litres of water today, very thirsty still which shows how much salt was in the food. Not in a hurry to do it again, had to take motillium today!

Thanks again,

Muireann

I am so fed up and feeling so low this evening, I just want to eat and eat and then eat some more. I'm tired of my life, I'm tired of a job I hate but don't have the confidence to try and find another and financially not sure I'd be able to make a move at the moment anyway. I'm tired of sitting in night after night with two dogs, one of which drives me up the wall most of the time, so I never seem to relax. I have a tight feeling in my chest and palpitations when I start to think about my life, I just feel so trapped and just I'm looking into an endless black hole.

I can't bear to look in the mirror, I looked in it this evening and I just see this huge lump of fat looking back at me. I know I am doing something about it but the road ahead is SOOOO long, its very daunting. And I don't feel I'll be able to get confidence until I reach my destination.

I'm not expecting anyone to have the answers, just needed to vent, if anything its keeping my fingers busy meaning I can't dial for a pizza!

Im sorry youre feeling so down. I wish I could think of something helpful. witty or profound to say!

This IS hard work, I think we'll all agree. I can so hear what youre saying. My mirror in my bedroom always has something hanging over it so I dont have to look in it.

Its a long road ahead but youre doing amazingly well, if its any consolation, Im there with you, I have even more to lose than you have and I cant even weigh myself at the moment to boost myself.

Hang in there, we're all with you. Keep those fingers busy, go on to the arcade or if you ever want to chat feel free to add me to MSN if you have it. My id is in my profile

Just dont give into this down spell, itll be a vicious circle if you do you KNOW itll make you feel worse.

*HUGS*

Thanks for all your support, I'm taking the day of work to relax and get back in the right frame of mind. I did eat last night, I had to force myself to, it was like something took over my body that said- even if you don't feel like it you have to do it- it was strange, old habits die hard I suppose.

I'm hoping that I'll be ready to face the world again tomorrow, not sure if I'm going to weigh myself this week, I might just take today as my day 1 of the week and weigh next Tuesday, I'm afraid seeing a gain in the morning will send me completely off track.

Thanks again

Muireann

It is strange how we struggle to kick old habits isn't it?

I know how you feel to some extent - everyone is different afterall.

Beginning of December I was sure that things were on the up. I was training for a guaranteed promotion in April 2007, I was getting/got a payrise in January 2007, and it looked pretty likely that I would have another promotion within a year that came with a company car, phone and significant payrise and commission.

Over Christmas (my time of reflection) realised that I didn't want any of this. Money and perks are great, but if you don't love the job then what's the point? Like they say "Money can't buy happiness!". I really thought about it for a couple of weeks, and realised that I want to work in the TV/Film industry. Not as an actress, not to meet the stars. But because for me, when I was bullied at school, when life has got difficult, there's always been a tv show (for me Buffy!) or a film that I can completely lose myself in, for however long I need to be lost!!

I still use it now, when things get too much, or I just want to get away from things I get my Buffy dvds and videos out. lol I get taken to a world where my problems don't matter and aren't the worse thing around. Where I can go through all sorts of different emotions and experiences and it not negatively affect my life! I decided that it was something I wanted to work in, be part of something, a tv or film, that might help someone escape for a while - or give them the motivation to do something etc etc.

So I've written out a plan and I'm working towards that. Yes sometimes when I have to go into my current job (which I really don't enjoy) it's difficult. But it's something I have to do, and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Take today to sit back and relax - and reflect. Think about your life so far, what you've achieved and what you want to achieve. What do you enjoy doing? Why? Is it something you would like to work in? Work out what it is you want to do, and then research... Then make an action plan! Give yourself a timeframe and write out what it is that you want to do every month. Everything is a step towards your goal!

When you know that you are doing something to improve things, everything seems so much better. Yes you still get difficult times, and struggle through the times when everything seems to be spiraling out of control. But you get through it!

Regarding the 'spiraling out of control' bit... For me (this time) the one thing I have control over is my weight. I control what I eat and how much, I control what exercise I do and if I drink enough water. When everything else seems out of reach I'm focussing on that. If I can lose my weight, I can do anything!

I hope that this post doesn't come off as "Me! Me! Me!" I really don't mean it to. I just want you to know that you're not alone, and there is a way to make things better!

:)

Thanks so much sparkle. Your post really hit home with me. I have looked into things I'd like to do but never moved on them, I'm going to try and figure that out some more and actually do something about it. Also I am going to get back into the right frame of mind and get to my goal, achieve it and stay there. I will just keep thinking about what it will feel like when I do.

I'm not going to let a few blips ruin all my work and I'm going to stop the pity party and get moving again. My life won't change by sitting at home eating chinese food.

Thanks again to everybody.

I'm really pleased that my post helped, even if just a little bit.

If you're really scared of changing careers - because it is a huge thing to change - then I found that reading 'Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway' is incredibly good. You can get it relatively cheap on Amazon or Ebay as well. I was questioning whether I'm doing the right thing with such an extreme move, but that book showed me that whatever happens, and whatever the outcome at least I tried - and everything is a lesson anyway, whether it's good or bad. Just try to learn as much as you can from it. I'd rather regret what I did, then regret never doing something.

There's not even any rush in choosing a 'new' career - Just knowing that you're actively researching and looking into different things can make so much difference! It's like a diet - Just sticking to it for one day makes you feel so good, and the second day feels even better, and before you know it you've stuck to it for a whole week - and the results of this are showing not only on the scales, but in how much happier you feel in yourself.

Also, it is said that we are more likely to achieve our goals if we right them down, and even more likely if they're in places we will see on a regular basis! So write a note saying something like "I will be 9st 10lbs and stay there!" (not "I don't want to be overweight" but something positive). The more positive and more precise you are, the more good it will do you!

Anyway, I had best finish my post here - need to leave and get back to work.. Lunch is over! :( lol

I'm not weighing myself this week, I know my mentality if I see a gain- might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamp sort of thing and I'd keep eating today. So I'm starting afresh, this is still day 1 of week 4 but just no weigh in. Will have my weigh in next week. Fingers crossed! Hope everyone is having a good week.

hey hun... did ya go to work?? i would have been hung for a sheep and a friggin lamb if i didn't but i would have loved to stay in bed this morning :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

hope you are feeling good!!

Desperate housewives last night.... OMG!!!

chat laters

Gen xxx

Going to go in this afternoon, still a little shaky this morning so taking my time, going to have breakfast now and shower and then head in.

Ye DH was very good!! Can't wait till next week! Wish Prison break would hurry up and come back on! Wentworth Miller.....yum yum ;)

Back