Nooooooo somebody please stop me!

Discussion in 'Exante' started by supersalmon, 9 June 2011 Social URL.

1. supersalmon

supersalmon Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.35%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    After nearly 6 weeks on total with just 3 days off plan in the 4th week, I have started to 'pick' at little bits of things here and there. Why? I don't know, but some of the kids' sweets, a bit of turkey and ham are just spoiling my 100% days. Each day for a week I have got up feeling like I'm still in ketosis and resolved to drink loads of water and stick to it, but my weight loss is really slowing down and I'm finding it really hard! Has anyone else come up against this ? I have been so good and will end up taking longer to lose and get to my goal.
    Will 'start again' tomorrow.:banghead:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. strugglingtobeperfect

strugglingtobeperfect Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.03%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Yes you will start again!!! just think of your ultimate goal.. see yourself as you want to be.. that always spurs me on!!!

x

4. Biggie

Biggie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    250.8lb
    Current Weight:
    250.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    150.8lb
    Lost(%):
    0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante Total Solution
    ok supersalmon, time to stop it NOW!
    You have not time to mess up all the hard work you have done so far.
    Get back on the TS100% wagon right now, please!

Tomorrow is a new day and you will start 100%TS. You CAN EASILY do it. I know you can! :copon:
    No more misbehaviour or :whoopass:

:)

5. Andrea5867

Andrea5867 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(15.16%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I totally sympathise with you - I'm really feeling like I could cave in
    For 4 weeks I havent felt hungry and now the last three days I've been getting more and more hungry
    I haven't eaten and if anything its made me see the trigger more clearly
    Firstly its coming up to TOTM and secondly my partner was sent home ill Tuesday and appears to have appendicitis yet refuses to go to hospital or let me call anyone because "he's scared" - the stress of the situation is pushing me towards eating again
    Luckily for me I've recognised what makes me worse - and it confirms what I thought - that I'm a stress eater so I can target support towards that
    I know you say theres no triggers you can think of but maybe the thought of being 100% on a diet when losses are small makes you think you could eat and lose the same amount ???
    Hang in there - you can do it and the losses will return - I'm sure of it
    Take Care
    Andrea x

6. Little Picker

Little Picker Wants smaller knickers!

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(6.77%)
    Diet:
    SlimFast
    Tell him he'll be a lot more scared, and very near to death, if his appendix ruptures. Seriously, if you suspect appendicitis, get him to a doctor. My mum was in hospital a few weeks ago and there was a woman across the ward from her whose appendix had ruptured, and the morning after the op, my mum overheard the Dr X say to the patient that 'this doctor (Dr Y) saved your life'. I honestly don't want to sound over dramatic but it really is that serious.

I hope you manage to get him seen!

ETA - I just realised Dr Y would have been a Mr, rather than a Dr, and wouldn't have been a doctor, but a surgeon, but you get the gist of what I'm saying I hope!

7. Andrea5867

Andrea5867 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(15.16%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Thanks for that
    I've given him all the details - shown him the risks etc etc etc
    Nothing works and I know if I call an ambulance he can refuse to allow them to look at him
    I'm trying the guilt trip now - if you cared you'd go
    Hes convincing himself its nothing serious and that may be the case but I'd rather be safe than sorry
    Thanks for the support
    Andrea x

8. slinkybride2be

slinkybride2be Silver Member

My partner had appendicitis a few years ago and was in that much agony he couldn't walk, also throwing up alot. He didn't want to go either but come round when the pain got more intense. Hope yours sees sense soon x

9. valentine

valentine miss yo yo

Diet:
    Exante
    Lets hope you get your head back around the diet when the stress has passed...Big well done for recognising the trigger!!!

As for ya fella...ask him what funeral arrangements he would like...As if he has any kind of continuous abdominal pain its generally something serious..My son who is a big strapping 21yr old 6ft 2" tried to ignore the signs..He ended up in hospital for week ..Apendix was close to rupture and he also had a kidney infection that mimics the signs of apendix problems....No wonder you are so stressed if he wont even get himself checked out.

I think i would try and get GP out to see him at home if he is frightened.
    I do understand how scared some people are of the hospitals its an irrational fear that he cant explain to you fully .But to him it is very real..

Good luck with getting past this bump in the road xxx

10. supersalmon

supersalmon Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.35%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Andrea
    Thanks for your post, I know I can do it, but have decided on a weekend off to put a halt to all this 'picking' and will be in the right frame of mind to begin again and get back into ketosis.
    I'm sorry to hear about your husband. All I can say is, it's a good job men don't have to endure childbirth isn't it!?! The guilt trip should work, shouldn't it? If not why not tempt him with what he could be enjoying (with you) if he was well again!!?!!!

11. Dance_Magic

Dance_Magic Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(23.85%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Are you doing the AAMW's? I find that stops me from "cheating." If I ever have cravings I just remind myself that in so-so weeks, I'll get to eat a healthy meal every day. That really keeps me on track. I know a lot of people don't do the AAM but I find them really helpful. Good luck getting on track!

12. supersalmon

supersalmon Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(11.35%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Dance Magic
    You know - that might be the key, because I've realised that I haven't done a aamw, just a weekend off. I will set a date for a aamw and look forward to it!
    Thank you
    By the way, I've had 2 100% days now since I fell off the wagon, so in a couple more days, I should be back into ketosis?!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.