'normal'...?

Katt

Silver Member
I am almost at a BMI of 25.... what are you planning on doing at that goal? I'm not sure if I should move from TS to WS? As the Exante website says not to do TS if BMI is 25??? :confused:

Hi Katt. I'm sure working solution is ok for those entering that bmi as opposed to people already at that weight. After all, you have to enter back into food gradually and thats the best way it seems.

Thats what i was planning to do. I thought the guidelines were more to stop perfectly normal bmi people trying to do exante. My OH believes he wants to start TS even though he's the lower end of healthy bmi but hates his gut - i say stop with the beer and sweets!

LOL well I may be almost normal but I still have wobbly bits!!! I may do a week of ts and a week of ws when I get to 25 and see how it works out...I don't want to be on these packs for another 17 weeks!!! I am trying to get to 147lbs ish and then hopefully when I start eating I will gradually end up at my target weight - which is what I want to try to stay at! I may just give up at target though ;) I have not been 145lbs since I was about 10 years old so it may be asking too much :D if I get there be prepared for news reports of mad naked woman running through the streets :D

Hi Katt, well, if I were you I would continue on TS for a little longer. I know very well how you feel from being on the packs so long. I did about 20 weeks before I stopped, and by that point I was already having the odd bit of protein etc because I was so bored.

I came off LL when I LITERALLY crossed the boundary into 'normal'. What I didn't take into account was that eating would refill my glycogen stores and I immediately put on about 3lbs and knocked myself back into 'Overweight'. Boooo. In hindsight I really wished I'd given myself a bigger safety net as going back up 0.5 stone is quite normal I think when you reintroduce food. I tried doing the version of LL that includes a low cal, low carb meal (LL Lite), but found it really hard and before I knew it I was eating full time again. I am a real all or nothing kinda gal it would appear.

Anyway - you will work out what works best for you. I'd just say, if you can, carry on. It won't hurt you. It isn't recommended to 'start' if you are under 25 BMI, but you can carry on until you are at your goal weight and then move to Working/Simple and back to food.

Good luck whatever you choose and CONGRATULATIONS on your awesome weight loss so far :)

Spotty xx

Ha ha woman streaking! Everything shrinks but the beer belly! On ll it took a good 16 weeks for that to go, i hope it doesn't take that long this time around. I'm less than i was when i started that!

i feel that when i'm at target weight - on food, i may use exante once in a while to keep me at it. Everyone has a few bad days and once i slipped, i found it hard to get back there (then i avoided the scales) so i think you can always rely on it to help get back to where you are. I would be a fool to say i will never gain weight again as no one knows what the future holds.

You'l find whats right for you, you may decide you've just had enough of the shakes etc when you go back to food and you can handle it by yourself, take each day as it comes!

Back