Norwaygirls weight loss diary!

Very impressive first week Norway Girl, all the best we can do it together as you pointed out we both started on the same day.

Are you enjoying all the flavours or just sticking to one? I only like the chocolate so thats all I will be having for the next 6 months or so.

Thanks a lot! We have to support each other on our weight loss journey :D :D How are you feeling today? I am feeling soo much better and I think I am in ketosis now! I can't wait to get on the scales on friday!! :D :D :D :D Hopefully I've lost a few, perhaps even a kilo!!! ;)

In Norway we don't have so many flavours to choose from. It's too bad I think! I have bought strawberry, cappuchino and chocolate. And I also have the chicken and vegetables soup. I don't like the taste of the strawberry shake, but I have to switch between all the falvours or else I will go mad!! :D

Thanks a lot abz for that motivating comment!! Now I am on my fourth day and I am feeling better than yesterday. Hopefully I am in ketosis now???

I don't think my english is so great, but I think you all understand what I am trying to say! hahahahaha.... Danish and Norwegian is really simular, specially the written language. Have you learnt some Danish words?

i can read it better than i can speak it, can understand it better than i can read it, and none of that very well. i can't make the right noises it would seem, ha. words like bread and bathroom in danish escape me completely. i absolutely LOVE the motorway signs 'Fart Kontrol' though :D makes me laugh every time. juvenile i know... (fart is danish for speed, for the uninitiated :D)

abz xx

i should probably add that i discovered this watching the film 'cars' in roskilde with danish subtitles and all i saw roll across the bottom of the screen was 'i am fart, concentrate, fart' in a mixture of danish and english and i was in hysterics. the fact that it was a serious bit and he was psyching himself up for a race didn't help. everyone was looking at me as though i'd gone mad!! maybe it's just my juvenile nature...

abz xx

i can read it better than i can speak it, can understand it better than i can read it, and none of that very well. i can't make the right noises it would seem, ha. words like bread and bathroom in danish escape me completely. i absolutely LOVE the motorway signs 'Fart Kontrol' though :D makes me laugh every time. juvenile i know... (fart is danish for speed, for the uninitiated :D)

abz xx

Hihihihi... Norwegian is a lot easier to speak, I promise! I think that danish people sound like they've swollowed a potato :D hahahahah...

Fartskontroll! Hahaha.. It's the same word in Norwegian :D

Abz I see your point. If you mix the English and Danish language it sounds like something else...hahaha.. Fart controll ;)

I know what you mean about horrid photos, I have been avoiding cameras for the last couple of years!
The thought of all that attention on you for your wedding day will keep you on the straight and narrow i am sure;)
And i really meant it when I said your English is perfect!

Yeah, I don't like it when people take pictures of me! But that's about to change!! :D :D :D On my wedding day I will be proud of my new body and love it when all the people take pictures of me!!

Day 6 for me hun and i feel great, have stuck to it 100%. Well done on getting through day 3 ha ha that was hardest day for me by far and i'm pleased to say it is def getting better each day. You are doing so well babe.xx

hey hon. i am getting married in july 2009 and i am also wary of pictures. i've just been a chief bridesmaid for my best friend and although i lost weight for it i still felt like the fat bridesmaid. i didn't look really bad or anything, but the others were really slim. so i really don't want to do that for my own wedding day. where are you getting married?

abz xx

hey hon. i am getting married in july 2009 and i am also wary of pictures. i've just been a chief bridesmaid for my best friend and although i lost weight for it i still felt like the fat bridesmaid. i didn't look really bad or anything, but the others were really slim. so i really don't want to do that for my own wedding day. where are you getting married?

abz xx

Hello again abz! I am getting married in August 2009. I can't wait!!!! :D I know that I will be slim and good looking by then! hahah.. That's my plan!! :D We are getting married in a church not far from Oslo. :D

Day 6 for me hun and i feel great, have stuck to it 100%. Well done on getting through day 3 ha ha that was hardest day for me by far and i'm pleased to say it is def getting better each day. You are doing so well babe.xx

Thanks a lot! I can't wait til I am on day 6, 7, 8...14 and so on! ;) I am feeling better and better, I can tell! Tomorrow is my 5.day! :D

DAY 4

I've made it through day 4! Yeah me! I feel great today! No hunger at all, and loads of energy! I am on my way home from our cabin and at home I will check if I am in ketosis now. I think I am! I can't wait to step on the scales in the morning! I know that I'm in for a positive suprise :D

Good night everybody! You're all doing great! CD is the best diet ever or what?? :)

well done hun. re the ketosis it might be best to wait until the morning to check because if you have drank alot of water today it can dilute the result that why its better to test in the morning :)

becky x

hey hon. i'm jealous of your day four. i feel dizzy and light headed and a little bit sick today :( but i was expecting it. i did cd for three weeks before coming off for my best mate's wedding and this is how i felt the first time around *sigh*. still, once i'm in the zone i feel amazing so just a couple of days to go :)

how has your sneaky weigh in gone today?

abz xx

DAY 5

OMG! I couldn't believe my own eyes when I stepped on the scales this morning! 70,8 kg!!!!!! I've lost 3,2 kilos allready! This can not be happening!!! I've danced around in the livingroom for about one hour now! I'm just in a state of shock! :D :D :D :D :D

THIS DIET IS THE BEST EVER!!!! :D

Day 5 was a hard day! I had my cousin, her housband and my grandmother over for tea. I felt that I had to serve them something so I bough strawberry, vanilla icecream and baked brownies. And then I had to sit and watch them enjoy themselves! OMG it was soo hard! But I mad it and I am soo proud!!!

I even had a really hard evening because I found out that according to UK guidelines this diet is not suitable for persons with a BMI below 25. I had a long talk with my CDC and he explained that the diet is different in different countries. So I will be on this diet for three weeks (SS) and then step up the program. After all my doctor agreed with me that the CD was the right diet for me, and she wouldn't done that if it was unhealthy for me!! ;)

Last edited:
ha. well done babes!! am really glad it's working for you :) not far to go now :D

now we just need a picture so we know how fabulous you look :)

abz xx

hey hon. i'm jealous of your day four. i feel dizzy and light headed and a little bit sick today :( but i was expecting it. i did cd for three weeks before coming off for my best mate's wedding and this is how i felt the first time around *sigh*. still, once i'm in the zone i feel amazing so just a couple of days to go :)

how has your sneaky weigh in gone today?

abz xx

Abz, I am sure that you will be feeling as good as I am in a few days! Just hang in there hun :D My weigh in went amazing!!!!!! :D

well done hun. re the ketosis it might be best to wait until the morning to check because if you have drank alot of water today it can dilute the result that why its better to test in the morning :)

becky x

AHA! Maybe that's why the ketostix only showed trace of ketosis last night!! Thanks hun! :D

if they show the slightest tinge of pink then you are in ketosis honey. the stick only changes colour dependent on how dehydrated you are which is why it's always dark in the morning. i don't trust them in any case, ha. you are losing well so you are def. in ketosis.

and i love the picture. now we know what your dog looks like... :p hee. you look gorgeous :)

abz xx

Hi Norwaygirl - glad you are doing well. I fell in love with Norway when I was younger - in fact, as a student, I spent a whole summer working in a fish factory at the very top of Norway - in Hammerfest - midnight sun and all. Mind you, that was in 1976 - which dates me a bit!

Back