not 18 and not 20 - boo!

FunellaFox

My size 20 clothes are literally hanging off me - which is a fab feeling - but my OH and sister chuckle at my clown trousers :(
So i went and bought some size 18 trousers over the weekend and they don't fit :( I wasn't deterred cos it may just've been the sizes in that particular shop (Dorothy Perkins) so I bought a pair of trousers from Tesco and to my dismay they were too tight as well...sniff :sigh:

so am stuck between sizes and oh-so determined to get into an 18 soon!

what does everyone else do? invest in belts/braces & safety pins???

I bought a few belts!!! Luckily for me only the horses see me looking like a complete bag lady!

Hey funella, don't worry. Most of us go through the 'tween sizes periods and they always feel long but probably it will only be a week or so before those 18's are comfy enough to wear! Belts are a must on this diet though they can decieve you - I didn't realise I had dropped 2 dress sizes because I had just belted my trousers on!

It does depend where you shop hun. Tescos are notoriously skimpy in their sizing. Try Next or M&S better quality clothes tend to fit better in my opinion:)

It does depend where you shop hun. Tescos are notoriously skimpy in their sizing. Try Next or M&S better quality clothes tend to fit better in my opinion:)

Thanks for that Camilla/Kerry/alybongo

Just feel reluctant to buy anything expensive if i continue to lose weight - hence the budget clothing. Will have to invest in a couple of belts cos the safety pins aren't very safe when they come undone - ouch!

M+s do jeans for £12,although they are not particularly generous sizes...Sainsburys also do cheap jeans and there sizes are very generous!!Fab for the ego!luckily I have kept all my clothes for the last 10 years so I have stuff I can wear,although I have brought Jeans and a couple of nice tops to see me through for nights/days out.I also buy £6 bras from M+S...and have you tried Primark?

yes ive had to invest in belts!! :) its fab though. try the 18's on every so often you will get into them soon enough

Becky xx

Try new look they are pretty good with sizes and not too expensive :)

Hi Funella I was like you just 2 weeks ago couldnt get into the 16's?? however 18's MASSIVE so just belted up and looked like a bag of c*** haha, however went shopping yesterday and can now fit in the 16's woo hoo so looks like you may have to do it for a nother weeks or so but you'll be there and out of them withina matter of weeks good luck :eek:)

Hi Funella I was like you just 2 weeks ago couldnt get into the 16's?? however 18's MASSIVE so just belted up and looked like a bag of c*** haha, however went shopping yesterday and can now fit in the 16's woo hoo so looks like you may have to do it for a nother weeks or so but you'll be there and out of them withina matter of weeks good luck :eek:)

Thanks tinsel! maybe i won't rush to return the 18s just yet then :rolleyes:

Funnily enough the same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I could pull my 20 jeans down with out undoing them but the 18's looked like they were sprayed on! Don't worry in a couple of weeks the 18's will fit nicely.

well done on your achievement, i had the same, in size 26 from evans falling down all the time. bought size 26 from matalan rogers an rogers department for us big uns and couldnt even fasten them, put them on at wkend and fitted perfect, so like others have said its different shops

i find dp clothes are smaller and find next jeans better and prices are around £20 also agree about sainsburys being good sizez and price

I've lost 2 1/2 stone and only moved down my first dress size last week. My top had gone down 2 sizes. but on the bottom I was still an 18:rolleyes:

For me I went on hols and did a lot of walking and came back at the weekend and could do up the size 16's that 7 days earlier were sprayed on. I was 'off diet' during my hols, but doing a low carb WW thing whilst away so I could enjoy myself, but not wreck my progress. So I think a bit of 'targetted exercise' worked for me in reducing my continent sized @rse:D.

In the mean time a belt is good, and the feeling of moving it down a notch is a good short term goal to aim for too.

So do some gentle exrcises and you'll be in the 18's before you know it:)

LOL dinosaur I have the same problem! I can't seem to leave my behind behind!
I took ages to go down in trouser size, I am in week 9 and just into a small 14/large 12. Boobs shrink quick enough though, so I am a 12 in tops. :(

I would recommend ebay or charity shops, just get two pairs of trousers in the next size down, tops don't matter so much, and wear them to death, then repeat till goal! I have kept all my clothes from when I was thin, as I never gave up hope I would be again.

Thanks for that Camilla/Kerry/alybongo

Just feel reluctant to buy anything expensive if i continue to lose weight - hence the budget clothing. Will have to invest in a couple of belts cos the safety pins aren't very safe when they come undone - ouch!

New Look have generous sizes and aren't too expensive.

Back