Step 1 Sole Source Not a happy bunny!

KathyWebb

So, stuck to ss 100% this week and stayed the same at my weigh-in. I'm so fed up! £40-odd plus a week of sole source and nothing to show for it. My consultant seemed a bit stumped. Suggested they might need to move me up a step, but I don't get that. Also said that because I have a cold my body could be fighting that instead of burning fat - again, don't get that and also have only had the cold since yesterday.

I may try a couple of days of ss+ as consultant says perhaps I need a 'kick start'.

7lbs in three weeks is definitely not the sort of loss I thought I'd get on this diet. I could do that at SW or WW.

Sorry for rant, just really upset. :-(

Hi Kathy

Mine is the same this week too! Week 4, I'm gutted!
Although I think that the £40 per week is under £2.00 per meal so probably cheaper than WW or SW.
Mine suggested to me that I go up to SS+, but as you said I don't really get it! So I'm not gonna do it. I'm gonna stick with the programme and hope that I have lost inches and not lbs this week.

not that overweight?

So, stuck to ss 100% this week and stayed the same at my weigh-in. I'm so fed up! £40-odd plus a week of sole source and nothing to show for it. My consultant seemed a bit stumped. Suggested they might need to move me up a step, but I don't get that. Also said that because I have a cold my body could be fighting that instead of burning fat - again, don't get that and also have only had the cold since yesterday.

I may try a couple of days of ss+ as consultant says perhaps I need a 'kick start'.

7lbs in three weeks is definitely not the sort of loss I thought I'd get on this diet. I could do that at SW or WW.

Sorry for rant, just really upset. :-(

Hey Kathy,

Maybe its because you are not actually that overweight and therefore the weight loss will be a bit slower i wonder? I would be interested to hear from experts on this as i too was very slow in the first 2 weeks only losing a pound or 2, and in my third week i am still hoping!!

Hi girls,

I am only on day 8 so forgive my lack of knowledge!

I am on SS+ so I have 4 shakes & white tea/coffee with my 200ml skimmed milk allowance - I opted for this because if I opted for a meal I know the portion size would grow a bit each day dependant on my mood.

Are you have 3 shakes, a 200kcal meal & black tea/coffee??

I wouldn't know what I am allowed for 200kcal to stop breaking koto sis - I assume you we're advised & measure it all.

It makes sense about slimmer people losing at a slower rate etc. I am struggling to clear 2.5ltr water a day & I only lost 5lbs in my 1st weigh in, which wasn't big compared to some you see on here - and I think, led to believe I may loose more if I get my water consumption up.

Well done though, as you have completed a week & you have had a loss

Hi girls, I've got around 4 stone to lose so I know that my slow weight loss this week is not because I don't have much to lose.
I'm hoping for a massive loss next week! Fingers crossed.

Are you drinking loads of water? Really does help shift weight , 3 liters I have a day, I have 4 stone to loose and I've lost 10lb in 3 weeks, have upped the water this week to try and boost it! Weigh in tomorrow so we will see !

Well, weighed this morning and am 4.5lbs lighter than I was at my consultants last night! I must retain lots of weight through the day. I'm so relieved. Consultant has said we'll switch to morning weigh in.

I drink well over three litres a day so don't think that's the problem.

Think I'll update my stats according to this morning's weight - keeps me motivated! ;-)

Well done Kathy! My weigh in's are a different times throughout the day due to work, but I tend to go by my scales on the morning of my weigh in!
Keep up the good work.

Well done Kathy, weighing in a morning and evening can be massively different. I know we can all be guilty if a sneaky home weigh in, but sticking to one a week on your consultant's scales really is the best way! Keep at it and you will continue to shrink!! Xxx

I no it's probably not the correct way to do it, sometimes if you have a "cheat day" it can kick start the kietosis! I have been on it since Aug and think I'd loose my mind if I didn't give myself a cheat day, I haven't done ss I went in at step two with a lower calories meal! Always helped me? :) x

Woweee good on you, that's an ace weight loss. Inamorata doing cambridge too, I played around a bit with it last year but have been 100% since start of jan and have shifted 17.4lb so far. Got at least 3 stone to go!!

Back