Not Doing it Properly?

acg200587

Hi Guys,

I don't think I'm doing it properly? I've had a look at a few other food diaries and I seem to be having more treats that others. Eg today I've had:

Breakfast - Banana, Muller Light, Small Latte with Skimmed Milk (HEA)

Lunch - Homemade Lentil soup, 2 Clementines, 1 Apple

Dinner - Beans, 1 Egg, 2 Sainsbury's Extra Lean Sausages (1/2 Syn each), Baked Beans, 1 Slice Wholemeal Bread (HEB)

Snacks - Mini Milk (1 & 1/2 Syns)
Dime Bar (7 Syns)

I just think it seems too good to be true that I can lose weight and eat all this? I know I don't have much through the day but I have a chocolate fix every day? :confused:

If you are doing EE you should have a 1/3 superfree with each meal which you dont have in your dinner-remember beans are free only not superfree, breakfast and lunch is fine. Thats the only thing jumping out at me though.

Dont worry how you use your syns, some people use them more in meals for sauces etc but others use them for treats mainly, its up to you how you use them

I get confused with superfree foods must look into that a bit more as not been doing that at all. Is superfree food just veggies? I don't really eat veg every night which is why I try to eat a lot of fruit.

Superfree=all fruit/veg free on both days which is everything EXCEPT parsnips, peas and sweetcorn (only free on green day)

the above plus potatoes, lentils and beans are green day free food only like pasta, rice so also dont count as superfree

hope that helps?

Yeah that helps. Thank you. Quite often I just eat a baked potato for dinner or beans on toast or some pasta with tomato sauce so not the kind of things you eat veg with - I take it superfree is supposed to fill you up more than normal free foods which is why we're to have more? Will it matter if I feel full without them?

You might be better doing green days when you want those things since there is no superfree "requirement" with them. Plus you get more healthy extras-always a good thing! What you have had today is all green food except your sausages which would have a higher syn value on green

The purpose of the 1/3 superfree rule is to restrict your free food intake so that you arent overdoing them. Depending on how much you have to lose/how long you have been doing SW you might find you still lose without having it but eventually might need to increase it if your losses slow/stop

That contradicts everything my consultant tells me at class. I've asked about the free food a few times about whether there are any restrictions and she always says no definitely not which I always thought was a bit strange, I'm going to try and eat more superfree food in future

Lol-hope I havent confused you! It should say in your handbook about the third superfree. Good luck.

No not at all I know what to look out for now - I might continue as I am and see how I get on this week then think about changing. It's quite hard to get used to a diet like this when you're used to doing a calorie counted diet! I'm trying to do it properly but still feel like I'm cheating everytime I have something chocolate related!

i am finding it hard too, not going to any group just trying to follow with a book a friend gave to me. I am having an alpen bar and some fruit for breakfast and then for lunch i have two slices of bread with maybe an egg or quorn sausages as a sandwich. for dinner tonight i had sw pasta bake with wedges and chicken but i had a large bowl of dried fruit and some brazil nuts and i am wondering are they many syns?

I stopped going to a group and signed up on-line. The consultant at the group was advising you could eat a washing up bowl full of pasta and a whole chicken and lose weight. It just didn't add up. I'm learning far more here on Minimins.

The message I get is to try to use superfree to fill up and for snacks. Keep free foods for main meals and always have 1/3 superfree on the plate. Have I got it?

i am finding it hard too, not going to any group just trying to follow with a book a friend gave to me. I am having an alpen bar and some fruit for breakfast and then for lunch i have two slices of bread with maybe an egg or quorn sausages as a sandwich. for dinner tonight i had sw pasta bake with wedges and chicken but i had a large bowl of dried fruit and some brazil nuts and i am wondering are they many syns?

Nuts and dried fruit are synned yes. Have a look in the food optimising book or search the syn values forum here for what you're looking for.

Back