Not Just a Food Journal -

4.8in the first week
less than most people on this sort of plan but I am not hunger and more importantly I HAVE lost
my first target was to get below 15 7. The reason for that is I will have less than six stone to go
shame it didn't happen in the first week but looks like it will for next will which is really good
I obviously am going to be like a butterfly emerging from its chrysalis

right time to get out of this bed and get ready for my day

have a great day everyone and I will catch you later

Well done :)

And don't knock it, it's 4.8lbs you won't see back if you stick to it. That does very nicely towards a stoke a month loss.

Here's to another good week.

Have a good day

Well done :)

And don't knock it, it's 4.8lbs you won't see back if you stick to it. That does very nicely towards a stoke a month loss.

Here's to another good week.

Have a good day
Thanks Kat I have had one week on plan (with veg and protein meal) If I can do one I can do another

Well done that is great! Especially as you were already low carb so not so much water to lose :)
thanks Lou that is how I think who knows how much I actually was before the official weigh in - and I think I might need one of your spreadsheets so I can enter weights and have a projected end date :)

good news today girls - BUT - CONTAINS FOOD TALK so only read if you are strong today

I put on my combats (size 20) and they went on easily and when I went to the loo I forgot I was not wearing elasticated trousers - undid the tie belt and slide them down

now I was a tight size 20
wont measure until next Monday as I promised myself to do it every two weeks - BUT so tempting

just feel pretty good today

so this morning I had a banana shake for breakfast

then I was off to the care home to run an art club I started (as a volunteer) and all was chaos - I usually drive in the back road and that was closed with no prior warning just barriers up and men working - I was not the only one to find out the way I did - quick three point turn and went in the front way - but that means slowing and turning on a 60mph road - so no fun
got all the stuff ready = off to get a tra trolley (we always sit and have a cuppa together) only to find no kettle - when I finally chased down a kettle I have no electricity
finally round up the residents to start and a Lady who has not joined us before decided she wanted to come as well - this is all well and good but she is known to throw things - today she was calm except for the talk of tapioca pudding which apparently no one would give her - now due to the look of what she calls a delicacy I have NEVER tried it and have no intention of so that food talk did not upset me
then as we were packing up I was told it was Jacket spud with cheese and salad for lunch and would I like to join them for their lunch- oh if only they knew how much I wanted to say yes
but home I was for a banana shake
dinner tonight was a salad with some chicken
so a bar or shake to go might be used to make a latte or mocha or might have a bar or even go without and take a multi vit - I really am not hungry
then of course Dh who usually has his super secret stash at work brought home two chocolate bars - I called him names but after being married as long as we have I am allowed

I bought two dresses in a size 18 I am going to try them on tomorrow to see if and how they fit - I want to get into them for my holiday mid June of just under four weeks if they dont fit they will when I get back as I intend to stay on plan every day - wont be able to get a signal where we are so wont be able to update but I will take a couple of notes for each day - now to take scales or not to take scales - this will be the question when we get nearer the time

so will update on the fit of the dresses in the morning and I will try on a pair of size 18 combats I have and see if they fit - if they do up it will be trying on the jeans

just a thought if I can take size 18 clothes with me does this mean I can pack more - less fabric surely - more space :):)

right off to visit the rest of the diaries then fb or a bit before bedtime :)

I was going to say good morningg to all but we have already got to the afternoon
so food
banana shake with coffee in
lunch fancied prawns so have prawns with salad (and a multivit)
dinner will be the other half of the protein meal salmon with some zero noodles
recipe as follow
half a pack of noodles
spinach
nutmeg
black pepper
mushrooms
one tablespoon of total fat free yog
and salmon flaked into it

I will have a bar mid evening and then a hot chocolate shake for bedtime

not sure if I am honest I will want all that but unsure what to do if I am not hungry do I have to eat or can I take a multivit and skip a pack for a day - I am assuming as long as I have multi vit and minerals all will be fine as long as I dont do it too often

so clothes
an 18 two dresses
I can get them on and they are longish and floaty but to me they are too tight in the bust - I have seen others wear them that tight but to be honest I dont find it flattering but 3.5 weeks to holiday = I could well be wearing them

a pair of sainsburys combats in a 18 I can get them on - BUT again too tight for my liking - they make the spare tyre look do much bigger - so the 20 are too loose and the 18 a little tight I can live with that as a month ago I could not even get the button done up let alone sit down in them :)

so some lovely things ready and waiting - so I need to do this

today is a day of rest
I am so tired I am even thinking of a nap this afernoon - I do have sleep problems but would rather not take any meds (although I do have them) think I will have to tonight though

hubby is having chicken and chips for dinner - I hope he enjoys them at the moment I dont fancy them - what I will be like when I smell them could be a very different manner

I love carbs but have to say I am not craving any for which I am very grateful

so today I might be doing some planning for my holiday - I want to have something to focus on for each walk we take (daily as we have the dogs) I might spend time looking for thrown away paper, stones different leaves etc and just photo all the different things I find - perhaps 10 feathers silly things like that
just to have a collection of different things (or photos) as momentoes of our holiday

right off to do some listing (great list maker here )

have a wonderful afternoon all and stick with it we will all get our results if we want them

just think if I stick with it and lose 10lb a month I will be doing a refeed in 8 months that to me sounds great :) so off do finish my day and hope for no real slip ups = is just getting in all the packs :) I suppose everyone finds this as it suppresses our hunger :) what a wonderful side effect

Well done on the loss hun u goo hun :) u will b there in no time :) ur recipe sound yumilicious hehe :) i mite try it maself at some point love ur entries so descriptive :) xx

The clothes sound as if they may well be perfect for your hols. I know exactly what you mean about other people wearing things but you not feeling comfortable. I hate feeling tight clothes round my waist. I look at some people and wonder how they manage an hour let alone a whole day.

I would definitely try and get all your packs in. You need the cals as much as the vitamins or your body may stop you losing. Lovely not to feel hungry though but if you swap things about a bit you may find it easier to fit them in.

I know what you mean about fitting in the packs. I missed one at work last week so ended up trying to squeeze. 3 in before bed. Stuffed is not the word!

I now try and eat at normal meal times, hungry or not so that I get them all in. Plus think it's good (for me personally) to stick with a normal pattern to build habits for the future.......the skinny future! ;)

Kat I understand exactly what you mean and agree 100% I always have a problem with the last one unless its a bar - and I am hoping that will not lead me into problems later - expecting a bar of somthing after dinner
I think on refeed I will have to introduce chocolate rice cake as one of the first carbs :)

so a verdict on the zero noodles - I bought zero noodles (near sell by in holland and barrett) and two of the slim noodles
verdict I really did not like the look of them
but with my sauce edible - I really dont think I could eat a whole packet - I made the pasta dish from above and will add more flavourings next time - more nutmeg into the spinach would have been good
enjoy them - I think I will enjoy them once I can get over the look of them

so today has gone well so far - I have just been so tired I did have to go for a nap this afternoon
I am quite looking forward to the next few days and staying on plan - even if I dont manage 100% not sure what I can do about the lack of hunger - apart from celebrate it
will be back to visit all diarys before bed time :)

If u dry fry the noodles with curry n chilli n soy with veg nt too bad hun n they so filing too heehe yum i usualy mix with chilli or spag bol xx

thanks ladies
right
chocolate shake (iced) for breakfast done

lunch strawberry shake

dinner as last night unless it has gone really nasty (I made two portions and covered with cling wrap
if it is nasty looking or all congealed together it will be quorn sausage with asparagus and mushrooms (are you all getting the veggie theme here - salad, asparagus, mushrooms, spinach- and not much else :) )

then a bar of shake in the evening - I am going to try to keep bars to once a week so I dont get used to having a treat in the evenings - and when on holiday I will be taking a bar out with me - so that wont be the evening

so on my agenda today
a dog walk (or two)
and preparing covers (mdf) for a scrap book to take on holiday with me and fill with daily found objects

today I have had a phone call from the care home I volunteer at - one of our residents is in hospital (she had dementia) with pneumonia - today is her husbands memorial - so all her children are in another part of the country for that - such a shame but she would not understand anyway

so emotionally not an easy day as I am one of the only ones she responds to.

so a keep busy day with craft and art work
oh and some ironing - did I ever say I hate ironing :)
have a great day everyone
H x

Sorry to hear about one of the residents being unwell. I hope you keep busy today and don't dwell on it to much.

I totally agree greed with you, ironing is the worst!!! I hope despite that you have a good day

guess who has been procrastinating :):)
right off to do a bit more craft work in the shed (priming the covers) then on with it I get or it wont be getting done
and I deserve to have freshly ironed clothes that I dont have to do first thing in the morning

OK I have an admission to make
I have turned into a daily weigher - I am sure its because I wanted and expected to lose more on week one
I am finding however that each little loss or a sts is actually helping me to stay the course - the first week was easy for me (sure thats because I low carbed first)
but this week has been a little bit more of a mental fight - I am doing well with my food - I am happy about this

I did some of the hated ironing yesterday - and tackled a pile of clothes that I put away in a bin bag because it was all tight on me and it was the end of the summer so I would not wear it anyway (good excuse there-but shows how low myself esteem was in september) now I am wearing a pair of trousers that I had on last summer - so pleased with that - I know they are cut in such a way as to be flattering and easy to wear when on the larger size of an 18 - but hey are not a 20

will do some more of that bag today just to see what else I might be able to take on holiday
first lot of washing is in and I want to do towels and bedding today but it might have to wait if the sun does not want to come out :)

so today on the list is laundry
I need to go to band q for some tester pots to do the covers of a scrapbook - ready for my holiday

Yeah my new George Forman has just turned up
its a variable temp removable plates and 6 person model
perhaps meal tonight will be asparagus and mushrooms which a chicken breast and DH can have his chicken wrapped in bacon and have some new potatoes with it

right off to get it out of its packing and wash it before I use it

how can I be so very excited by a new kitchen gadget

so what are your fav gadgets on this plan
mine are my triblade blender (cuts through ice a dream) and my george forman - well it will be :)

My favourite is my KitchenAid blender. Had it for years but it is brilliant for the iced shakes too. When I started on here everyone was raving about the Actifry for swede chips.

I wouldn't worry about the daily weighing if you don't find it messes with your mind. I always weigh every morning and sometimes more. It's fine as long as I remember I can stick for a few days at a time but I still have a good average loss.

strange how my my favourite kitchen appliance list is changing
so dinner tonight
is chicken of the george forman (DH will have his bacon wrapped) asparagus and mushrooms and he will have tomatoes too and he will have garlic onion potatoes cooked in actifry

its pouring here just as DH is half way home - he cycles - think he is going to be really wet :)

I reli wna buy a george foreman grill mite invest in one evn tho tis tas priceh a gd invesgment i say tht can b used for the future too have herd some gd stuff abt it as well :) aww this rain us horrible weather is soo tempermental atm :( cx

yes the weather is awful here too - we are going over the bridge into Wales tomorrow and expect to get wet

and I need to eat something that is not on plan so badly = hubby is nipping to the garage for me for coke zero to see if that helps - take the craving away

so todays really good news is
drum roll please

I am wearing a jacket that I bought last summer for going to Norfolk with to see a friend - and it was too tight on the arms - and I got bigger than then too and today I tried it on just to see and yes I have been wearing it

I am so pleased to be doing to well = I have the next thing that NEARLY fits that I ay will try on towards the end of next week
on Monday I will do my weigh in and as its two weeks will do my measurements as well

I know there is going to be a difference

I have done the diet model and its here
210 - 133 modeldiet.png
so that is how I am and how I want to be now we will see :)
`

Ok so Sunday morning already weather her is nice -so unlike yesterday wen we took the two little dogs to hunger ford for a walk ended up with two very wet pups however Perla did enjoy chasing birds (she was on a long lead) and Kaydan liked jumping in puddles ever seen a dachshund jumping in puddles
Good job I always have towels in the back of the car for the dogs

Now weight has gone up by .2 lb for the last couple of days but it's time for the lactulose
Lactulose is quite safe to take on a low carb diet as it is a double sugar meaning it cannot be absorbed into the blood street and as an osmotic much kinder to the system than other laxatives it is often prescribed to diabetics and has no effect on there blood sugar

My breath and urine both smell so still in kerosine so not worried about slight weight gain I will just drink more

No idea what is on the menu today

starting to prepare for my holiday I have put by enough shakes and bars for the two weeks all my favourites and will most likely have a nice evening meal after days out will visit the local hotel ( nearest place to us and two miles away from cottage)and see if they can cater for me

So today agenda is shoe sorting then shopping
And of course a nice dog walk
Such a boring life
But I am happy with my lot
H xx

Back