Not ready to cook!!

funkystrut

Last night I decided to test how far I could go with getting back to cooking again for the family and make Nigela's roast chicken.....I must say I could not resist and was weak!!!..... I HAD SOME!!!!:mad: Now my ketones are off key again.... really annoyed with me. I am not going to attempt to cook again........until I have finished TFR prog. Feels so disappointed with myself. :break_diet:

Did you just have the roast chicken or did you have some other stuff too? The reason I ask is I stayed in ketosis a couple of weeks ago and I had chicken and salad one night and smoked salmon and salad the next. I think if you lay off the carbs you should've been ok.......

Nigella? You don't do things by halves do you? I love to cook her chicken and sausage bake and the spuds that go with it, cooked for hours in milk, are divine! I cooked it for 30 one night as a dinner party supper and it went down a treat.

I'm asking for Jamie's 30 minute cookbook for Xmas, though it is debatable that you can actually cook the meals in 30 minutes.....perhaps if someone else, ie the tv crew, has done all the preparation first!

Happy cooking x

I had some chicken and some veges not carbs though.....DH now has roast chicken for dinner and lunch for the next 2days i think!! Making a meal this xmas is out for me...instead will chill out with my shake and let everyone else to the running around! LOL!
Love Nigela and Jamie....I have record all Jamies's 30min meals and Jamie at Home.....have requested his book too for xmas. Simple to make and tastey...enough about food....grrrr have to stop salavating!!
Need to be back on the Keytones...not sure what state they are in as I don't measure them. But as you say.....hopefully the damage is not too bad.

Try not to worry about it too much Funky, it must have been so hard to be around the food, and especially after cooking it. I bet you haven't done any harm at all to your diet so don't be worrying about it. Are you planning to stay completely TFR all over Christmas?

Try not to worry about it too much Funky, it must have been so hard to be around the food, and especially after cooking it. I bet you haven't done any harm at all to your diet so don't be worrying about it. Are you planning to stay completely TFR all over Christmas?
I am normally the one making the xmas lunch over xmas......I intend to maybe just have the one main xmas lunch and but this time round will leave it up someone else to cook as I have learnt from yesterday's exp. We are visiting my sister in Leeds over xmas and will be staying in a nice Hotel so hopefully I can request the menu and plan before hand. My nurse wants me to stay 100% but I think I if I do that my xmas will be miserable!!:( So lets hope I won't do that much damage. (am a bit afraid of nursey!):eek: How are you doing today?

I'm good thanks, just drinking a warm cup of peppermint tea here..mmm. That sounds like a good plan for Christmas, I was just asking as I was thinking it would be too hard to stay tfr 100% over the whole thing but it sounds like you have it sussed out :)

I'm good thanks, just drinking a warm cup of peppermint tea here..mmm. That sounds like a good plan for Christmas, I was just asking as I was thinking it would be too hard to stay tfr 100% over the whole thing but it sounds like you have it sussed out :)
I like to think I do but most of the time plans go out of the window!! I am meeting a friend for lunch and decided to order myself a peppermint tea too.....Enjoy!!!:)

I'll be on crutches so spending too much time in the kitchen is out of the question! In-laws are staying and I'm letting her into my kitchen! to cook lunch......I've already bought most of the stuff that can be frozen and this year I'm going to get a ready boned and stuffed turkey from M&S. I know that it's lazy but i normally go mad and get a Kelly Bronze which costs an arm and a leg and I'm still making soup from the stock at Easter! This year I don't want there to be too many leftovers, for obvious reasons!

Where are you staying in Leeds Funky? I love Leeds and used to go there a lot on business. I love the Malmaison and 42 The Calls, especially their brasserie.

cooking is quite hard1!
i cooked for friends the other evening and have been cooking breakfast in my hotel for the last few day's.
I would normally pinch a sausage whilst cooking but not been that interested.
Tomorrow maybe a different story cooking again surrounded by chips onion rings
I have to say i cooked my daughter some toast yeasterday it smely so so so good

Hi Funky
You won't be out of ketosis if all you had was chicken & green veg. BUT, and it's a bit but, when you eat food I think it's because the stomach acid is stimulated or something like that, you DO feel hungry for a few days afterwards, even though you are still in ketosis. I have found this and to be honest, it's just not worth eating while on TFR, even if you're still in ketosis. Cooking is very hard. I cook for the family most days and I normally have no interest in what I cook for them, but I find cooking chicken or the smell of a roast is particularly tough! I don't have a way of avoiding it, unless i let my 3 teens starve, and it's easier for me to do this diet when they're all fed and happy cause they then don't hassle me with their hormones!
Suse

Where are you staying in Leeds Funky? I love Leeds and used to go there a lot on business. I love the Malmaison and 42 The Calls, especially their brasserie.
Hey Sandra, Apologies for taking a while to reply.....had such a hectic weekend and week!! We are staying at the Hilton....42The Calls is fully booked....but really wanted to stay there...my sis is expecting her first baby and her apartment is small for all of us..luckily they live in the city centre...so the shops/hotel will all be close by.Yes....I agree Leeds is a lovely city.....if you have not been to the Dales I do recommend going....very beautiful!!! Next time I visit Leeds will definitely be staying at The Calls.

Hey Sandra, Apologies for taking a while to reply.....had such a hectic weekend and week!! We are staying at the Hilton....42The Calls is fully booked....but really wanted to stay there...my sis is expecting her first baby and her apartment is small for all of us..luckily they live in the city centre...so the shops/hotel will all be close by.Yes....I agree Leeds is a lovely city.....if you have not been to the Dales I do recommend going....very beautiful!!! Next time I visit Leeds will definitely be staying at The Calls.

Never stayed there but I'm sure that it will be great, the standard of hotels in Leeds is generally good.

Have visited the Dales a few times as I used to have a farming client who owned several thousand acres, totally beautiful countryside.

Enjoy the shopping, I prefer it to London as everything is easier to find, including Harvey Nix!

I hope that everything goes well for your sister too x

Back