Not sure if its helped but thought id share :)

After 4 weeks of STS and being 100% on plan i decided to add something new to my diet.
I read up on the internet how lemons can help aid digestion and weight loss so decided to give that a go. For the past 6 days i have had 3 lemons throughout the day added to green tea with sweetener or on its own with hot water even added some to my chicken and pleased to say ive dropped 5lbs in less than a week! My tummy seems to be much flatter too and even managed to get into size 14 skinny jeans with room to spare :) (these were very tight last week!)

This is the most ive lost in a week since starting in feb. Unsure if it was the lemons that helped but apart from that ive done nothing different at all. Cant hurt to try.
Just thought id share in case anyone else is struggling xxx

i might have to try this, im 7lbs away from target and i seem to be stuck firmly right here! have not moved for 3 weeks.
will go and get some lemons me thinks!

Lemons are a superspeed food, so it makes sense. Thanks for sharing, have been feeling bloated so going to give this a go.

Thanks for this, ill buy some lemons too! not sure if i could manage eating one though :S as they're pretty sour!

I really need to do this for a kidney problem I have but keep forgetting to buy them. Aiding my weight loss too is a really good reason to try and remember them!

Thanks.

My sister swears by lemons but I find them hard to fit in my day. Interesting though, well done on the loss x

oooh adding lemons to my shopping trolley as we speak.... any nice lemon recipes that anyone can think off? (apart from lemon meringue pie!!)

shellywelly1983 said:
oooh adding lemons to my shopping trolley as we speak.... any nice lemon recipes that anyone can think off? (apart from lemon meringue pie!!)

Got this recipe from the magic oaty pancake thread:

syn free lemon curd
3 heaped sweetenerGrated rind and juice of 1 lemon2 large eggs2oz fromage frais (i use quark)In bowl suitable for standing over simmering pan, place grated rind and sweetener.In separate bowl whisk lemon juice and eggs together then pour into first bowl.Place bowl over a pan of simmering water stirring until thickenedAdd fromage frais/Quark whisking until smooth.Stores for 5 days in fridge

Sounds lovely and going to try it this week :)

that lemon curd sounds yum! x

Oooh, good tip! Saw this and went straight to the fridge to slice up a lemon in my green tea! I've been 100% this week, lots of superfree, speed soup, 2L water plus 3 mugs green tea, body magic every day and STILL looks like I'm heading for a gain if today's sneaky weigh in is accurate. :( Maybe the lemon can get things moving again!

Just to clarify that I'm going off what I've heard here and don't know how much is true!

The secret apparently lies in the "acidity" content in a lemon. Lemons are rich in citric acid; the citric acid, from lemons, supposedly end up interacting with the other acids and enzymes in your digestive tract which results in a healthier digestion.

It is supposed to help by lowering the absorption of sugars. It has been studied that even a little lemon can help you lower the absorption of sugars from the food you eat simply because of its high acidity. If you eat some lemon peel, as well as drinking juice, it's supposed to give a greater result because the pectin in the peels further reduces sugar absorption.

At the very least it can do no harm...now where did I put those lemons?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm gonna have to try that sounds magic! Don't know if i could eat the peel but the lemon curd sounds yummy. Wonder if it would work with tofu instead of quark/framage frais?? (i'm lacto intolerant) I drink lots of herbal teas so adding it in to my diet will be pretty straight forward. I'll let u all know how i get on. Hope it works for me too. Well done slimmermummy2b on your weight loss! xx

You could try finely grating the peel into something...if you're having a curry for example. There's probably loads of ways you could get lemon into meals.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Kat. Im over the moon that ive had a good loss after sitting crying last week.
Ive also read that a teaspoon of cayenne pepper in warm water before meals helps to boost metabolism. Ill report back on that one next week lol!x

Hi - is it just the juice of three lemons that you are using and adding to drinks or do you use the fleshy bit as well??

Back