Not surprising I'm not loosing weight !!!

Brightonrosie

I want to be fitter again
There is a fab web site called my www.fitnesspal.com
Yesterday I decided to do an extra easy day and log all food in for the day on the site. Bearing in mind I only had 8 syns, I was astounded to see my intake was 1,700calories. It would be impossible for me to loose weight with that number of calories being the weight and size I am now. Any thoughts anyone ??
Just for interest this is what I ate:
350 mls of skimmed milk (hea)
BREAKFAST
3 crackerbread (half of heb)
ham (3 slices)
scrambled egg

LUNCH
3 crackerbread (rest of heb)
prawns
bowl of salad

50gms cous cous

EVENING MEAL
pork chops with all fat removed
shop prepared stir fry vegetables
rice noodles
muller light yogurt

SNACKS
2 twister mini ice lollies 5 syns
alpen light bar 3 syns
2 clementines
1 banana
2 plums

Last edited:
This shows that the old rule of cals in versus cals burnt is true for any weight loss plan even sw. I love the 'eat all you want' and it def takes the pressure off me but you can eat too much 'free' foods.

I know when I previously lost weight with sw my weight eventually began to sts or even go up and I had to look at my portion sizes. Fortunately I am not yet at that stage this time and hope it will be some time before I need to do this.

After all that I still think sw is the best plan and although interesting its best not to look at the cals eaten otherwise might as well follow a calorie counting plan!

This shows that the old rule of cals in versus cals burnt is true for any weight loss plan even sw. I love the 'eat all you want' and it def takes the pressure off me but you can eat too much 'free' foods.

I know when I previously lost weight with sw my weight eventually began to sts or even go up and I had to look at my portion sizes. Fortunately I am not yet at that stage this time and hope it will be some time before I need to do this.

After all that I still think sw is the best plan and although interesting its best not to look at the cals eaten otherwise might as well follow a calorie counting plan!
Thank you and I agree. I wanted to check it because I have virtually stayed the same albeit up and down 1 pound since beginning of November and consultant just kept telling me my food diary was spot on.

Rosie, you've had the same revelation as I did last week using Myfitnesspal.com! I'm now using it every day to enter my SW meal plans and keep an eye on my calorie intake.

I have always eaten more than i needed too, and usually of the right kinds of foods. I've been frustrated and confused for ages now, thinking that i'm doing everything right and why aren't i losing - of course now i get it. Just eating more than i need! Good luck with your weight loss - i'm sure you'll see a difference now! xxx

Can you split your food intake down into meals because then it would be easier to see if and where you are overdoing it? Or if you were to up your exercise levels this would probably also help.

I am not losing any weight on SW despitee food diaries being spot on too. It has been insinuated that I must be eating and not writing down, and this is deffo not the case. But actually, I am eating more calories than when I started SW. I am eating alot mopre healithily, I am thinking tis is the way to maintain, but beginning to come to the conclusion, I am not going to lose this way. I ahven't actually counted the cals, exactly, andmay out of interest for an ordinary day. My portin sizes are ot big, and I do alot of running. SOme are saying I am not eating enough, but to be honest, I don't think this would stop me losing weight over time. I never heard of anyone starving bthemselves fat! I am gonna have to start counting something. Be it points (oh know not the dark side), or cals ( relaly can't stand th thought).

Lynda

i just put in my intake today and i was shocked to see it was 1500 before dinner - i cant believe this!!!

my hubby has done CC for 4 weeks and nearly lost a stone, i have been doing sw and lost 7lbs - good but i know i could loose more a week, especially as i am swimming 1/2 mile a morning so starting tomorrow i am gonna still do SW but watch CC on fitness pal as i dont wanna go over.

shocked to say the least - i dont think i eat huge amounts but Hubby has had 1000 by dinner time i had full quota ... oops

i just put in my intake today and i was shocked to see it was 1500 before dinner - i cant believe this!!!

my hubby has done CC for 4 weeks and nearly lost a stone, i have been doing sw and lost 7lbs - good but i know i could loose more a week, especially as i am swimming 1/2 mile a morning so starting tomorrow i am gonna still do SW but watch CC on fitness pal as i dont wanna go over.

shocked to say the least - i dont think i eat huge amounts but Hubby has had 1000 by dinner time i had full quota ... oops

Try not to compare yourself with your hubby as men lose weight faster than women (gits), think it's to do witht he hormones:eek:

This is what i ate for the day

This is what i ate for the day and it was a day of high syns. I ate 2022 kcal, my recommended intake is 2300 so im at 88%.

Jacket spud with marg (1syn) and beans, melon.

Roast beef, carrots, cabbage, cauli, syn free pots, yorkshire pudd (2syns), gravy (3syns). Strawberries, raspberries & mullerlite.

SNACKS/DRINKS

coffee, water, NAS squash, wine (24syn), pineapple.

Total syns for the week 107.5! oops!

Day Summary: 88%
of RDI*
(2022 calories)
88_percent_rdi.gif

* Based on your RDI of 2300 calories (03 Jan 10)
Calorie Breakdown:

Carbohydrate (43%)

Fat (18%)

Protein (39%)
badge_C043F018P039.png

My source is www.fatsecret.com

I have been using the myfitnesspal.com website and iphone app for about 3 weeks now. Initially I started using it as a food diary that I could use on my phone...regardless of the calories. However, MFP suggested that I stick to 1200 cals.
My SW plan foods were coming out at around 1500-1700 a day...and I have been losing, albeit slowly. So, I've been trying to keep to 1200 for a fortnight, still whilst doing SW. I realise this is pretty low, but I'm only planning to do it until I get to sub 10! Most days I have been pretty much spot on 1200, but some days I go up to around 1500. I'm not worrying about that too much, as that's still low and I should still be able to lose.
Unfortunately I'm not able to judge the succcess of my experiment as I have missed my last 2 WIs (work, and then cancelled) but I feel lighter and my home scales have show a definite loss. How much will be found out this Wednesday, I hope!

I wouldn't ever purely calorie count - I love SW and thoroughly recommend it to anyone trying to lose weight. And I wouldn't advocate restricting cals to anyone starting out. TBH I think it's a tad obsessive (I should know!) but as an experiment and possible plateau-breaker...

i agree with exactly what hellie said :D xxx

Hi Zimara,

you said:
I ate 2022 kcal, my recommended intake is 2300 so im at 88%.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but your recommended intake seems a bit high if you are trying to lose weight. That sounds about right to maintain.

Like Hellie, my recommended intake is 1200. Thats to lose 1.5lbs per week with fairly little activity.

I thought that 2000 was a woman's recommended intake if she was to maintain her weight. I think on MFP there is a setting where you select how much you want to lose - does your website have the same setting?

Again, sorry if this is rude, but I wouldn't want you to be eating up to that calorie intake if it's not right! :eek: xxx

hi i logged onto my fitness pal and put in my swimming 1/2 mile a morning so my calorie intake is 1630 - i would find it hard having less than that as i am usually quite hungry after swimming.

just wondering what others are using as calorie intake a day???

Whoops didn't mean to make people panic. Some people will need a lot more calories than me and still loose weight. I am just half to three quarters of a stone off target depending where I want my BMI to be.

Surely this all comes back to either following the SW way which is to lose weight slowly and in a way you can follow once you reach target, or going down the path of cutting right back, feeling hungry and putting it back on when you return to eating 'normally'.

I'd rather stick to just following SW and not worry about these other sites etc. If you look round the internet there are so many 'expert' sites recommending all sorts of different amounts. Some frighteningly low!

Just to clarify I was highly active at the time, running 20 miles a week. Since the snow and cold weather i havent been so active!!

Also today wasn't a typical day, most days i only have 5-10 syns. I'll CC my next two days (typical) to see what i come out at (just for interest, i like these things).

Back