Nothing Tastes As Good As Thin Feels - Stefanie

FaithFluro

Skinny (to be) Stef
Hi, I'm Stefanie and I'm...well...fat.

I'm 20 and I'm going to be 21 on April 8th. From the 10th to the 18th I'm going to Sicily with my amazing boyfriend, Rob and I HATE the fact I'm going to be celebrating my 21st FAT.
Later, in August, just after his birthday, Rob and I will be going along with some friends to Champagne, France and I'd love to be a good weight for at least that trip!

I'm doing Slimming World and having a binge day once every two weeks.
I've been dieting now for the better part of 12 years, even though looking because at my childhood photos, I really didn't need to start that early, and probably caused my problems than good! I have had various eating disorders and plenty of other problems...I'm hoping to wipe being FAT and all that it entails off my slate of my problems.

I've been doing this a little while now but I'm counting from my signing up to this forum and starting this post.

Starting weight: 18st 11lbs.
Goal Weight 1 (my birthday holiday 10/04/12): 17st 7lbs
Goal Weight 2 (Rob's birthday holiday 03/08/12): 15st 3lbs
Goal Weight 3 (Samhain/Halloween 31/10/12): 14st
Goal Weight 4 (New Year's/Anniversary 01/01/13): 12st 10lbs

Any bonus loss will be GREAT be this is what I'm expecting from myself at the very LEAST!

Ultimate Goal Weight: 9st 7lbs ??? (Size 8/10)

Day 1 - 17/02/12
Weight: 18st 11lbs

Got my monthly 'visitor' today. Knew it was coming. Thankfully my cravings and problems hit me a couple of weeks ago so I don't have to worry about them right now.
Sitting here waiting for the bf to show up. He's driving down all the way from where he works 2 days a week in Stockport to come stay with me for the weekend. I have a Slimming World Chicken Tikka Masala planned for tonight. I hope he's in the mood for curry! It'll be my first time making it, but it's completely free!

I enjoyed an (almost) free breakfast/lunch. I didn't go to sleep until gone three because I just wasn't tired. It took a sandwich last night and a few pills to help me get off so I didn't wake until gone 4pm! I don't mind. A few less hours or waiting for Rob to arrive and worrying about food!
I had 2 rashers of bacon with all the fat cut off before cooking, one egg, some fried mash potato (half normal, half sweet) that my mother made earlier with a knob of butter and some skimmed milk, three tablespoons of baked beans and 2 WW sausages that come in at 1/2 Syn each! Also had a sprinkling of tomato sauce over the lot (resisted the urge to douse everything in it like usual).
P.s. Made everything with 1 cal. spray oil.

I make the meal out to be 2 syns; 3 at the most!

Then the tikka and rice will be free tonight.
I'll have some satsumas and maybe a pot of yogurt and an apple much later.

Not bad at all, I don't think!?!

Good luck. My best friend has had various eating disorders still does and is dealing with them everyday, she's never happy whatever her weight is. I know it will be hard for you, but try not to binge, try and eat what you want everyday (within your syns), i know its hard though. And I know this is even harder, but try not to think of yourself as fat, the more you do the the more you will trap yourself within eat disorders as whatever your weight you will always believe you are fat even if you end up at 6 stone. I know from experience. Sorry for sounding like a psychologist (bad habit). Good luck, i'm sure you can do it :)

And that food diary isn't bad at all in my opinion :)

Hello Stephanie,

Wishing you luck with your sw journey and glad you have decided to post your progress.

Have a great evening with your boyfriend and enjoy your curry !

Day 2 (technically day 3): 18-19/02/12
Weight: Not yet!

So, I'm writing this in the early hours of day 3 to report on day 2. Why? Because I had a snooze yesterday and I can never seem to sleep when the bf is around. I guess it's the excitement of having him with me (very much in love!).

So I went to Tesco with Rob and got a load of groceries. They had some good deals on in meat so I got some casserole steak, sirloin and bacon. 3 for £10!

Eventually got out of bed and got up and running in the afternoon so by the time we got back and everything was cooked up, it was pretty late! I had a muller light mint yogurt (yes, the one people having been raving about) whilst I waited and then we had 2 pieces of this thin cut sirloin steak with chips and sweet potato wedges done in my actifry - with a dollop or two of ketchup!
Later on I was feeling a bit peckish and had a couple of slices of crumbed ham with 3 extra light Laughing Cow spreadable cheese. Could have used something more to flavour it up a bit but I forgot about the pickled onions I got and it was enough to stave my hunger away!

The mint yogurts are certainly interesting. I might try freezing one to see! Mint choc is my fave ice cream!
The actifry is AMAZING. Very good chips, no hassle apart from the peeling and cutting of potatoes and basically free diet food! It does up to a kg of stuff a time. 40 mins and ding, done!

Looking forward to what I can have today...just got to make up my mind! So much to choose from!

Oh, and I had a little victory today...as well as NOT getting any 'treats' from Tesco, I saw fruit flavoured cider on offer and, as tempted as I was, walked away! Will save that stuff for Saturday when I go with Rob to celebrate his dad's birthday!

6am now. Very cold. Might go snuggle up with the boyfriend and mull over my menu choices!

P.s. Found a syn free cake recipe on the forums the other day. Will try it possibly today and let you guys know!

Day 3-4: 19-20/02/2012
Weight: I cheeky weight in at 18st 11.2lbs (.2 of a lb gained but still on period and VERY bloated!)

Forgot to do day three the end of yesterday because of boyfriend. He's gone to work down in Staines now so I'll probably see him next on Wednesday when I go up to Manchester. I'll be meeting his parents and sisters Saturday for his father's birthday. I'll be having a day off then to enjoy a dinner etc. Looking forward to it, but a bit nervous! In the meantime, I'm strugglign with period pains.

Anyway! Yesterday I had:

Sticky Chicken (recipe from Slimming World website, very nice!) on a bed of salad and wild/normal rice (Uncle Ben's)
Some spag bog (The wholemeal organic spaghetti went all gloopy and tasted terrible so I had next to none)
A bowl of plain rice and a load of hot and spicy chicken wings with the skin taken off.
And some passion fruit juice!

Today I had:
Spag bog (this time done with very nice spaghetti!)
Some pear juice.

I got up late again and stuff so... I will go downstairs soon and get a yogurt and something else, I think! Will update.

Beginning of Day 8: 24/02/2012
Weight: Not checked

So, I haven't updated in a few days because I've been preoccupied with the boyfriend :)

Today we went to Tesco to do some shopping for stuff we need whilst I'm up here in Manchester. Wednesday and last night I made sticky chicken. Still getting the hang of it but it's so nice. Think the key might be to half cook the chicken first and the the rest of the way with the sauce so it doesn't get all soaked up, otherwise it can be a bit dry!

Planning on doing the Superfree Rogan Josh from the boards today for us both. I think it's much nicer cooking when you've got someone to share it with. It's not necessarily 'diet' food and it's all been pretty tasty so far!
As well as my Sticky Chicken and rice last night, I had a muller light passion fruit and mango yogurt (yummy!) and a rather weird tasting orange thing. Not sure if it was a smaller orange or weird Clementine but yeah... Oh, then I had some left over rice from the previous night. I seem to be having a craving for rice with salt!

Got some naughty things for Saturday...all snack food and thinking of asking boyfriend for a McDonalds breakfast before we go to his parents house to celebrate his Dad's birthday. Apparently we'll probably be having Indian. Mmm, I love Butter Chicken! Will have to see what it actually ends up being, though. I really want to try dominos new BBQ stuffed crust >.<

After Saturday I won't be having another night off for at least a couple of weeks. Maybe if it's Indian Saturday I can have Dominos in a couple of weeks, depending on my weight loss.

Getting toward the end of my period now and going to the toilet a lot! I'm a lot less bloated and the belt for my jeans is sitting comfortably on the second notch and getting ready for the third!

Hoping to get my posts up to put more on my signature. I've set my first goal weight to lose roughly another stone before I go to Sicily for my birthday - birthday is 8th and leave for Sicily on 10-18th!

After that it'll be for the next trip on August 3rd (one day after bf's birthday) to Champagne, France. I'm hoping to be at LEAST 15st.

Then my next goal will be for Halloween. I want to wear a NICE costume this year! I'll probably be looking at 13st 7lbs AT LEAST for Halloween.

Then Christmas and New Years I want to be AT LEAST 12st 7lbs!

That's roughly 6st I'm hoping to lose by the end of the year (10 months left). I think that's doable?

Today I've just had the Superfree Rogan Josh from the SW recipes thread with half pilau rice and half long grain with wild rice. Very yummy! Boyfriend thought so too and he scoffed all of his down - he usually doesn't finish a meal!
I was asleep most of the day so that's why I've eaten so little; I didn't get to sleep until past 9am I reckon, after the bf had gone to work! Kept waking up too from cats on the bed!

Will see if I eat anything later. Might have a yogurt or treat myself to a GU melt in the middle chocolate pudding!

Tomorrow is my day off and meeting with the bf's parents and staying over there so might update off my ipad if I have the time. Will hopefully be having a yummy mcdonalds breakfast if we get up in time! Got some yummy snacks and then will probably be having Indian for dinner. Looking forward to it!

Decided I should come back to my thread after being off for so long.

Sicily was nice but I ended up having a lot more time off the diet that I had anticipated and basically am at starting weight again. However, i have been back on SW now for about a week and, after printing off every yummy recipe I could find on the SW website, I closed my account and am planning on going to groups from next week.

All the recipes I have been trying have really brought out a 'cooking from scratch' streak in me and I've realised how much I LOVE cooking from the beginning. Some of the recipes have been pretty glamourous, too and I would have probably never tried the foods that I'm eating now if it wasn't for the diet.

Today (or rather yesterday now, as it's 2:11am) I made some morrocan chicken with honey from the SW site which I had with some pilau rice and a salad with my homemade balsamic dressing.

Started on the mini pill at the beginning of coming back to my diet and I think I'm either a little hormonal, got a bit of a bug or both because I've been super thirsty drinking diet drinks and craving chocolate. It didn't help the bf found a box of roses and then he bought me some milky way bars because they arent too bad for what you get so I've been keeping the chocolate ATM down to 1/2 milky bars and perhaps a couple of roses a day.

Not eating breakfast and lunch regularly but that's nothing new for me. There's some leftovers I will have for lunch today and then I'm cooking steak, chips with a salad for dinner! We went to a Chinese supermarket and got over 3kg of really good quality meat for about £18 so gonna try some out.

I won't amend or post my weight until I get the first official reading at the club next week but I will try to keep up a bit of a food diary and general diary a bit more often. Looking forward to talking with the SWC about my goal weights. Would be really nice to lose a couple of stone at least before going to Champagne this August!

Here's to being skinny at 22!

Breakfast: Nothing. I slept through it after not being able to get to sleep for awhile last night and taking a rather strong sleeping pill.

Lunch: Leftover Moroccan Honey Chicken - 3 syns

Dinner: Seasoned steak 2 syns for the flour with SW chips/wedges and a large baby leaf salad with my homemade balsamic dressing (HEX for the extra virgin olive oil)

Snacks: Milky War Bar -
3.5 syns

Total Syns - 8.5

Always struggled with the 1/3 Superfree foods thing but I think if I start having salads with my dinners that'll help. I don't want to eat them just for the sake of eating them, do I? I really should get some fresh fruit in the house but it's not really the season just yet for anything so I might have to wait a little while longer.

Having this Saturday off, I think to have a takeaway or something. I think I will be cutting it down after this week to one day off per month. A few friends want to start up a food club where we go out to various restaurants once a month or so and have a night out.

Update...

Steak dinner was delish! However...I had a few naughty roses and an extra milky war bar... Feeling rather guilty but I'm not going to worry too much as Tuesday I will be starting groups and it will be a fresh start with lots of support and hopefully lots of awards!!!

Decided that instead of having a takeaway this weekend, bf and I will probably go out to a nice carvery :)

Back