Nothing Tastes as good as....Who am I kidding! Yom

tinkagem

Hello Fellow Slimming world members/followers.
I am Gem, I am 27 and reside in the lovely Seaside Town of Torquay!

I started SW on the 12th April and so far have lost 3lb. This I like!

My starting weight was 12/4/12 12st7.5lb
19/04/12 12st4.5lb

I thought it may help to post my food Diary, as I feel, although I am hungry...I am eating way too much.

22nd April 2012
Breakfast Bacon Sandwich (HCB)
Lunch Syn Free Spag Bol
Tea Burger (6syn for bread roll)

I am now desperate for something else to munch so am tempted to try the syn free Ice Cream I've found on here.

I know we are not counting Cals, but can anyone help with portion sizes....will I ever curb my appetite and eat smaller portions?

Happy Eating :D

So Today I've had a long walk around my home town, in the Rain...BOO!
I've eaten so far
Breakfast: 2 Slices Bacon, 2 Quorn Sausages(2 syn), 1/2 Tin Beans, 1 Egg
Lunch: Missed as was shopping
Snack: Muller Light- Toffee

I've also completed day one of the 30 day shred and will be popping off to the gym for some cardio and weights. I'd love to go for a swim, but I am worried the red from my hair will come out in the pool!

Mega Stir Fry for Tea :D

Mega Stir fry was lush! Everyone ate it- although the kids winged!

For pudding, and hopefully to fill me up I have a Strawberry Milkshake...from my HCA Milk, Muller Light Strawberry and some Syn Free Ice Cream (from recipe)....blitzed up and now i'm drinking. Very Very nice!

Morning!!! I am a little sore after the 30 Day Shred DVD yesterday, and I do have to do it again now!!!

I've eaten half a tin of beans and two slices of lean bacon. Going to bung a load of last nights veg in the wok for a veggy stir fry....then something thick and tasty for tea....best rack my brains and the cupboard to see what we can have!

Hi Tink

I thought I would stop by and take a look at your diary, welcome! Well done on your loss, that's great. And your food so far sounds lovely.

You asked about portion sizes, as you know the beauty of SW is that there are no official portion sizes - you eat until you are full. For example, I have a big appetite and big meals make me happy, I would rather have three decent meals and not have so many snacks. Some people graze and eat little and often. It depends on what type of person you are. If you are hungry, then you are not eating enough. I have been on SW for years and have lost lots of weight (and gained it again and lost and gained etc etc!) - I always lost weight on SW and always had plenty on my plate whilst doing it.

Over time, you do get to realise that you don't need so much food on your plate. I have recently had revelations like, I don't need a whole bag of boil in the bag rice, I will now only have 2/3 of it and save the rest for leftovers. Before I would eat the whole plateful. Also with SW chips, I used to make masses to go with a burger or something like that, now I put less on my plate - not because I am trying to be saintly, but because I feel it is overkill and probably not necessary - if I am still hungry after tea, I will pick on the left overs, but more often than not - I am fine with some fruit or something.

Its a slow road and a long road for a lot of us. Just have what you want and how much you want - as long as it is within the realms of SW rules - and you will lose - I promise!

Charley x

Carzy coloured? That sounds awful. Mind you - mine was once! I meant of course crazy coloured. With crazy colour. Have fond memories of that too!

Ooh that made me laugh out loud Deathworm! All my colleagues at work looked over! I am supposed to be working you know, so if you could keep your hysterical typos to a minimum, that'd be great!

rofl! Its toned down from my Avatar Pic, its more of a Browny Red. But the red is still washing out in the shower! My kids have swimming hats, but I doubt they'll fit.lol.I'll shower before I go in tonight! I cannot wait....Sauna, Spa, Steam :D

I ate less for breakfast today, and havent had lunch as I've just completed Jillians 30 Day Shred DVD (Day two..ouch)
I've got a lush cold Pepsi Max, and it won't be long until I have to collect my eldest from school.(Car- the shame!)

I will definately monitor this, I will try cutting down portion sizes slowly over the next few weeks, as I think I eat with my eyes too much. If its there, I eat it! If a recipe feeds four, it actually feeds three, as the kids share about a third!

I'm going to do the Creamy Pasta for tea as the Fromage Frais needs using up. Hope its filling :D

Paignton is lovely, I lived there prior to moving the 4 miles to Torquay!!! I am so lucky to live by the sea, but I don't use it as much as I should.

Thank you for commenting :D

Hi Tinkagem/Charleybarley,

Just rejoined SW and have found this whole Extra Easy extra hard!! I can't get my head around it as I am used to what was Green & Red days when I last attended a few years ago. I'm on day 2 and confused after leaving the club thinking it had made sense. Do I ensure that each meal I separate my plate effectively into 1/3's so that I'm having equal red/green/superfree??? If so, how does this work for breakfast if I'm having say fruit and yoghurt (am I supposed to have protein???) and if I choose a jacket spud with beans and salad, should I also be thinking of adding chicken or something similar??

My apologies in advance for being very dim but I now feel like I haven't a clue what to eat at mealtimes - I think my brain is still very much in the red & green mindset which doesn't help! I know SW works and I feel like I have such a long way to go but am panicking at the thought I've failed before I've got going. Your advice would be gratefully received - cheers.

The Creamy Pasta Bake was horrid, perhaps it was undercooked........i've put it back in the oven and ate my emergency Jacket Potato.

Hi Tink,

Love the name of your diary, make me laugh. Well done on your loss so far.

I'm thinking of getting the 30 day shred, heard really good things about it.

Keep up the good work.

x

Hi Tink,

Love the name of your diary, make me laugh. Well done on your loss so far.

I'm thinking of getting the 30 day shred, heard really good things about it.

Keep up the good work.

x

You can view the vid on You tube, I bought mine from Amazon quite reasonable.

The rain is pouring in Torquay, they've closed the seafront as the waves are high...BOO! Traffic!

I just popped in to the opening of the Brand new 'Outfit' store which opened today and was offered an Appletise (in champagne flute) and i drank it without thinking!! BAD GEM...

I also did my usual thing (the day before weigh in) of weighing in boots, although I am two completely different weights on both machines, I know I am less than last week, so should be on for a loss!

Breakfast: Bacon Sarnie (bread Hcb)
Lunch: Veg Stir fried with Soy sauce
1 x pepsi max

2 x Burgers, made with lean mince, egg and spring onion and a little bbq spice. (No Bun)
Might have a Pepsi Max and a sleep! I am knackered tonight :D

Hehe! I wasn't Hiding. Promise!!
Today Is Weigh In, 7pm. Not sure what to do today, as not anticipating a huge loss. I do not want to fill myself up on stodgy foods today, so I must plan this well!!!

tinkagem said:
Hehe! I wasn't Hiding. Promise!!
Today Is Weigh In, 7pm. Not sure what to do today, as not anticipating a huge loss. I do not want to fill myself up on stodgy foods today, so I must plan this well!!!

I just eat normally but dont hav my tea as its at 5 my wi every ova week i work shifts :) but a usual day for me wud b weetabix and milk apple banana speed soup strawberries melon then nothin till after wi :)

I might have my 250ml Milk and 1 Mullerlight yoghurt blitzed for breakfast, it makes a lovely filling milkshake!
That will take me until lunch, when I can have.........A Ham Sarnie?
Soup or Risotto for tea.

Hoping for a 1lb (or more) loss this week x

tinkagem said:
I might have my 250ml Milk and 1 Mullerlight yoghurt blitzed for breakfast, it makes a lovely filling milkshake!
That will take me until lunch, when I can have.........A Ham Sarnie?
Soup or Risotto for tea.

Hoping for a 1lb (or more) loss this week x

Oh that milkshake sounds lovely :) neva tried it yet xx

It's nice with the Syn Free Ice Cream, makes it sooooo super thick!
Making it now, else I'll be late for the school Run!

Back