Now or Never!

Hi

I'm new to here but have been on the dieting roller coaster for years!

Rejoined SW online nearly 3 weeks ago as my weight has ballooned over the last couple of years. I could blame this on getting sick with an autoimmune condition but it was really more to do with giving up mentally & thinking "what's the point?"

Had a blood pressure scare about a month ago & had been feeling really grotty about how I look and feel which finally (better late than never) made me realise I had to take better care of myself.

I lost 5.5 lbs in week 1 and 2.5lbs in week 2 making a grand total of 8 so far. Week 3 weigh in on Monday so fingers crossed!

Just downloaded the MiniMins app (great idea) to help me stay motivated and communicate with fellow dieters.

Week 3 weigh in & I've lost 2 lbs making a grand total of 10 lbs. I've also just crossed from the 17's to 16's which is good to see on the scales.

My clothes are feeling a bit looser too but I've not comfortably moved into a size 20 yet. 22's are too loose but 20's are a bit snug. I presume I'm a non existent 21!

Husband is making a curry today (lovely but death to dieting) so I've printed him off the SW recipe for Chicken Dopiaza and he's going to make me that instead. I always do Extra Easy so I can have rice & salad with it but will skip all the added extras like onion bhaji's & naan bread.

My target for this week will be another 2 lb but I think I'd better start increasing my activity levels to make that happen. I'm very, very, very unfit so will need to start very gently by building some walking into my day. It's tough to fit around work & family but I need to find a way. The dog will be happy :)

Well done love!

I...like you have been dieting for many years now and I can never get to lose more than a stone! It's impossible.

I started slimming world yesterday...not gone hungry yet!

I hope to see more weight loss for you and I will hopefully get the same results!

I'm needing support to keep me motivated so I hope we can egg each other on! :)

x

Thanks. I like SW as I hate weighing/measuring & hate feeling hungry. I am your typical yo yo dieter so have gained & lost most of my adult life. This is pretty much my final venture into shifting my excess baggage for good.

Good luck too.

I've been dieting since I was 16 and lost 5 stone on weight watchers. But I have hypothyroidism, diagnosed at 20, this makes it harder for me to shift the 2.5 stone I put back on! :-( I'm determined to do it this time!! Got a holiday booked for January next year and I don't want to be the biggest of the girlies! (And the guys! Lol!)

What are you finding easiest to do? I can't eat too much pasta or potatoes as they irritate my IBS but I have found some noodles that are low in everything (packaged like supernoodles) And they are free on any part of SW. They're called Ko Lee Low Fat instant Noodles (curry flavour) They taste nice and are 75.6 calories a packet!!!

x

Snap - I have hypothyroidism too. Been diagnosed about 15 years and with RA about 18 months. I've lost weight with a dodgy thyroid before but my activity levels have seriously decreased since getting RA. I just about manage to go to work, shop & cook before I collapse in a heap of fatigue.

I always do Extra Easy as I don't like to exclude many food types otherwise I know I'll crave them. My favourite fillers are jacket potatoes, rice & pasta although I do eat noodles & couscous too. Will keep a look out for those noodles.

Bolleyannie,

I have lost weight in the past but due to the doctors not controlling my levels it's been hard, in for another blood test this week so hopefully something more can be done!

I buy the noodles from Spar! They stock loads near to where I work so buy 20 packets at a time!

SW seems to be working already, I'm not hungry at all and feeling better!

Got this week off work so going to kick start it with exercise! First Zumba class tonight in two weeks! :) Then swimming etc!

Going to try some SW recipes as well this week!

x

Lost 2lb this week making 13.5 lb in 5 weeks. Another 1/2 pound to reach a one stone loss. Coming off painfully slow but at least it's coming off.

Back