Now taking off the 5th stone with C25K & Slimming World

Back from gym. Did a short spin class - 45 mins. Came straight home but felt like I hadn't done much as I generally now do two or three things when I go. Must get organised next time as the reason I didn't swim is that I was running late and so didn't have time to pack my cossie.

Had suishi for lunch, will make up a chicken and pineapple concoction for dinner.

Feeling good but pondering the long journey ahead with another 3 or 4 stone to go. Patience is so not one of my virtues. :sigh:

Friday night seems to be a problem for me. Last week it was my son ordering a late night pizza, this week my niece comes in with a chinese and I eat the seaweed. :sigh:

Not the end of the world but perhaps I need to start doing a gym class on a Friday to try and avoid. The problem with that is that Friday is always a long day for me in the office and I just wanna come home, slump and chill.

Maybe when Big Brother has finished, I may feel more motivated to go out on a Friday.

You are doing great :) Can't believe how much exercise you are getting in! I had a gym membership once, total waste of money for the number of times I went, would have helped if DH had gone with me though!

Thanks Twizzle! I have wasted a gym memebrship before and that is why I am determined to make the most of this one. I find I'm either into really exercise or totally out of it, no half measures for me.

Feeling a bit meh again today. Must be a Saturday thing or maybe a Friday night junk food thing but can a portion of crispy seaweed really have such a dulling effect on my energy:confused:? Last week I put down to my period but maybe it was the three slices of pizza? Maybe my body has now decided it likes healthy food and it can only manage a very limited amount of not-so-healthy stuff each day.

Off to my partners later so no spin class tomorrow but we tend to do quite a bit of walking so I'll pack my approach shoes and hope the weather stays bright.

Just decided to review my targets. I don't like to look too far ahead normally, I'd rather concentrate on the smaller more manageable targets but have been thinking about buying a countdown (6 or 12 weeks class payments up front) and so thought I'd link it with some sort of longer term target.

So my new targets to take me to the end of 2010 are:

1. To get under 200lbs by end of Aug.
I will be dead pleased if I can make that milestone. Its been a long time since I saw that sort of figure on my scales.

2. To get to the half way point (53lbs) by mid Sept.
Passing the half way point would be the motivation I need to keep me on track once the losses slow down. Mid Sep is also when I go back to uni and have a family wedding, so its a good time to reach that target.

3. To get my 4 stone sticker by end of Sept.
This will be tricky with the wedding weekend mid Sept but I'll try.

4. Then, take out a 12 wk countdown til xmas & lose a further 1.5 stone.
This will be my final push for the year. I can then review how much more I want to lose as at the moment, I am not sure I want to go as low as my BMI suggests I should.

If that all goes to plan and I do decide to go all the way to a healthy BMI, I then have 3 months to lose the last almost 2 stone to make this entire journey a year long one. That sounds about right but its early days...

Heya,
you do amazingly at the gym, I'm in total awe!
Those goals sound really reasonable, good luck reaching them :)
With the Friday thing, I think you probably need to let yourself rest hun, if you're knackered and just want to slob then you probably need to, especially considering how much you're doing all week! Maybe find something else to do on a friday? Go see a film or, I duno, take up embroidery? lol (that's what I do to keep myself from snacking).
Best wishes.

Heya,
you do amazingly at the gym, I'm in total awe!
Those goals sound really reasonable, good luck reaching them :)
With the Friday thing, I think you probably need to let yourself rest hun, if you're knackered and just want to slob then you probably need to, especially considering how much you're doing all week! Maybe find something else to do on a friday? Go see a film or, I duno, take up embroidery? lol (that's what I do to keep myself from snacking).
Best wishes.

Thanks. I did wonder if I was doing too much so I may drop the c25k thing and concentrate on swimming, pump and the odd spin class until I am a bit lighter.

Yes, a Friday nght alternative sounds a great idea. Once uni starts again in a couple of weeks, I'll have plenty of homework to do. Maybe I'll can practice my touch typing for the next few Friday nights to get that up to speed.

Back from partners. Had a lovely weekend but...

Had a Pizza Express on Sat eve. Thought I'd done quite well having two starters and half a dessert but then I checked up the calorific content...

Brushetta con funghi = 542 (THE worst starter choice)
Mozzarella and Tomato salad = 486
Half of the trio of profitorols 419/2 = 210

Who'd have thought the dessert would be less than the starters!

http://www.pizzaexpress.com/pdfs/files/PizzaExpress_Calorie_Information_20100427-162217.pdf

Next time I'll stick with the rustica tomatoes as a starter.

Did a lovely long walk on Sunday BUT popped into a pub on way home and had a dessert - creme brulle! Opps.

Was very good other than all that so may lose 1 pound tomorrow but certainly not the 3.5 I was aiming for.

Only a quick entry as watching BB and Chantelle and Preston going in! Interesting.:D

Lost 1.5 pounds after dong a half mile swim and a steam this afternoon. Going for a 3 pound loss next week.

Just as I was going out for my lunch today my colleague asked if I didn't mind her saying that I looked like I'd lost tons of weight. Hoorah! :D

She was the first person to make comment in that particular office so I was dead pleased.

Yesterday at class I picked up a food diary so I could write down everything I eat this week to make sure I follow the plan 100%. I have to say its stopped me from eating/choosing quite a few little extras. Obviously, I have got into some bad habits/cheats and so its probably good that I will be doing this. I hope it gives me a good loss next week - getting under 200lbs would be amazing.

Today:

Breakfast: 4 x ryvita and 28g cheese (healthy extra a & b choice)

Snack: Milky Way (6 sins)

Lunch: Ham (free), 2 x Kripsrolls (5 syns) and melon (super speed free).

Dinner: Home made chicken tikka - chicken(free), tomatoes: fresh and tinned (speed free), courgettes(speed free), mushrooms(speed free), onions(speed free), fat free yoghurt(free), tikka powder(free).

Could not have eaten any rice but that would be allowed.

Can still have another 4 syns or more free food but will see how I feel when I get back from the gym. Wednesday is Body Pump night.

Back from gym. Did an hour of body pump and then a walky/run thing on treadmill. I've decided that the c25k thing is too much at the mo and so I am going to do 1km whenever I can. Tonight I did 1km in 9.47 min and managed to do a whole 1.5 min stint at 9kph plus two 1 min segments.

Will save my 4 available syns for tomorrow as I am off out to dinner tomorrow night.

Getting ready to go out for dinner. Had the same brekie and lunch as yesterday - I dont usually have the same thing two days running as SW promote variety in the diet but was not very well prepared.

The Ocado man comes tomorrow so back to good planning.

Been down gym:
Did 1k in 8.46 so very happy. Did a 2 min stint at 9kph plus one 1.5 and one 1 min. Will move up to 1.5k once I can run the whole 1k at 9kph.
Also swam 32 lengths and had a quick steam.

Have 10 syns left from today (had 5 with my Krispbread things at lunch) plus 4 left over from yesterday so 14. I doubt I'll manage to stick to that but will keep off the wine and try and choose healthy options.

Lovely meal. I turned down the bread roll, drunk water instead of wine and had a scoop of mint choc chip instead of the creme brule.

Starter and main course was fish; prawn and crab to start, baked cod for main. Very delicious too.

With the ice-cream, the cream and chesse on the dauphinoise potatoes and bits of sauce in the starter, I probably had about 50 syns all in all so not too bad (had 14 in the bank). Will try and cut back over the next few days on syns but wont beat myself up if I dont, I'll just count today as a flexi syn day instead.

Ooops, forgot the Baileys on ice at the end!:p

Will def try and claw a few syns back before Tuesday WI. :D

Had a good day today. I have made sure I am full from dinner to give me the best chance of not being tempted into something naughty like the last two Fridays.

Brekkie: Fat free yog and raspberries (free and super speed free)
Snack: Mr Kiplins Choc slice (6.5 syns)
Lunch: 4 x Pogen Krispbreads (healthy extra b plus 2.5 syns), Laughing Cow Blue cheese x 5 (healthy extra A). Melon (super free)
Dinner: mince and pasta (free) with courgettes, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and oxo cube as added flavour.

That leaves 7 syns from today's allowance to help balance out yesterday's extras.

Heya
Ooo that coworker's comment must have made your day!! That's so awesome, it must be really showing!
Glad you enjoyed your nght out, you're allowed to go a little crazy every now and then :)

Hope you have a good Friday night ;)

Heya
Ooo that coworker's comment must have made your day!! That's so awesome, it must be really showing!
Glad you enjoyed your nght out, you're allowed to go a little crazy every now and then :)

Hope you have a good Friday night ;)

Yes it was good. I'm at another office on Weds, non-one there has said anything either so will see.

Well my Friday night curse was kinda kept under control. Chinese take away on offer later in the evening but I declined and had a bowl of fat free yog and another Alpen Light Bar (free + 4.5 syns).

So, only clawed back 2.5 syns from Thursday night but that is probably the first time ever on this SW plan that I have not had 15 syns.

Oh and Alpen Light bars, chocolate and orange flavour are delicious. And I get 2 as a healthy extra I think (couldn't count them as a HE yesterday as already had it in the shape of the krispbreads) - will check that. That is handy to know for when I get nearer target and prob have to start cutting back on syns. Could have a bar instead of chocolate.

Off to gym. Pump this morning, I may swim and or run/walk 1k. See how I feel.

Back