Now taking off the 5th stone with C25K & Slimming World

Good news is that I have found out that Alpen Light Bars are only 3 syns not 4.5 (but 2 of them can also be counted as a healthy extra b).

Bad news is that I actually had two yesterday so one got missed off the list. Oops.

Total syns then for yesterday = 15. Spot on the daily allowance.

Today's syns so far = 7 (25g Milky Bar).
HEB = Pogen Krisprolls x 3
HEA = 28g cheese

Can I manage to just eat free food for the rest of the day?

just out of interest where are you getting your dannii minogue dress from? i cant find anywhere that sells them

Ohh, the Friday night curse moved to Saturday. Pizza Hut delivery in our house as we were DIYing. I had egg, bacon and tomatoes (all free) just after I did the order so I'd be full but....could not resist two bits of garlic bread. So, could have been worse but those two bits of garlic bread were 15 syns so I ended up going over by 7 syns on the day.

Egg, bacon and mushrooms for brekkie this morning (all free). Home made (syn free) shepherds pie for lunch - extra lean mince, oxo cube, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, carrots and potatoes mashed with fat free yoghurt.

Have got an Aunt Bessie's crumble in oven, a quarter of that would be 15 syns so I'll have half of that and add some low fat custard to keep on syns for today.

That will leave me pagens and cheese for a snack later (HEA & HEB) or something else free.

Heya.
I loove the alpen bars, I have the choc and fudge ones, lush man! Can't afford them at the min so I'm sticking with snack-a-jacks, but damn, those bars are good.

You're doing well, dont worry about the sat night pizza delivery. You could have sat and scoffed a whole pizza but you didn't.

Hope you ahve a good week :)

Heya.
I loove the alpen bars, I have the choc and fudge ones, lush man! Can't afford them at the min so I'm sticking with snack-a-jacks, but damn, those bars are good.

You're doing well, dont worry about the sat night pizza delivery. You could have sat and scoffed a whole pizza but you didn't.

Hope you ahve a good week :)

Yes I am pleased I didn't touch the pizzas.

I did go back for a small bit of extra apple crumble and custard yesterday tho so about 10 syns over on the day. I should not have left it in sight! LOL

To counteract that, been down gym this morning to do an extra Body Pump class and also swam 1/2 mile. Went in steam room for 15 mins too - not sure what good that does but I feel great after.

Plan to do more running and swimming tomorrow before WI as have no work - hoorah!

OK, end of month review time.

Exercise:

I am regularly doing 2 Body Pump classes a week. Have upped weights on some exercies to 7.5kg

I am regularly swimming in excess of a mile a week.

I can now (as of today) run for 2.5 mins at 9kph and overall walk/run 1km in 7.55 mins.

I spin occassionally - could do more - will look at timetable.

Weight loss:

Total loss for month 6.5lbs, I was hampered by a blip at the beginning of the month when I went a bit mad on cocktails at a hen weekend!

Target loss for September: 7lbs (wedding may provide another blip).

Generally:

Life is good. I feel great and now see a pretty normal sized person looking back at me in the mirror. Most of my clothes are now a 16. Have lost a few chins and have decided to have a bit of a change of image, new glasses/lenses, different hairstyle and colour possibly. Back to uni in a couple of weeks, I wonder if my class will notice a difference.

Last edited:
Right new week. Mouth feels a bit rancid from last night's chicken tikka and mushroom rice post-WI treat. I may give those Tuesday night treats up now as the closer I get to target, the less 'cheating' I can get away with. Its become a habit rather than something I want so next week I will try and avoid.

So, 5 months I have been on this plan now - the time has really flown by. Never before have I stuck to a plan so well or managed to lose weight nearly every week. That is the joy of SW's Extra Easy plan - it is just what it says on the tin, extra easy. Of course, I do have to work hard at it, mainly by planning ahead but its by far the best diet I've ever done. That's probably because its not really a diet as such, just a healthy way of eating which encourages life long changes.

I feel very positive for this week. Even if I lose just a pound to take me under 200lb, I will be very happy indeed. Just 4 more til my half way point so hopefuly that will come in the next couple of weeks.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

I just knew today was going to be positive.

Sun was shining, had a sucessful day at work, another co-worker noticed the weight loss - I see her a couple of times a month and she said it suddenly looked like I'd lost loads of weight:), I tried on two size 16 dresses in Debenhams and they both fitted lovely (couldn't afford to buy but enjoyed trying them on lol) and I didn't feel at all drawn towards any naughty foods.

I have booked a manicure, pedicure and a hair colouring sesh.

And tonight, the Ocado man commeth with my new supply of Alpen Light Bars Chocolate and orange flavour. Life is good. :)

Going to bed soon after a 100% on plan day.

During Body Pump I pondered confidence. I've always been pretty confident in myself, or so I thought, but tonight I physically felt like I fitted in and that made me wonder if I'd denied weight related negativity previously and just covered it up somehow. I'm going to think more on that over the next few days.

This may have been triggered by a photo I saw of me which was taken last Christmas. Crikey - I looked awful. Really fat with a blotchy complextion and hair with no life. I dont remember looking like that but the evidence was staring me in the face. Wierd.

After a couple of wonderfully positive days, I woke up yesterday feeling sluggish - the scales at home show a gain. Not sure how that can be as I have stuck to the plan better than I have done for a while these last few days.

It feels like pre-TOTM but too soon for that I think? Tme will tell.

Got lunch with a friend today - really looking forward to that. Prezzo or Zizzis beckons me thinks. :)

Had a lovely Zizzi meal yesterday. Had a flexi-syn day (allowed myself 75 syns total) and choose the goats cheese starter and went halves on a really scrummy dessert: "A rich custard style dessert with vanilla, mascarpone and Marsala wine, topped with amaretti biscuits". Main meal was a chicken and spinach dish with boiled potatoes.

So although using the flexi-syn system, I made better choices than I would have done pre-SW and I still really enjoyed the dinner. I do now feel that I am naturally beginning to make better food choices which is what I hope will keep the weight off once I reach target (whatever/whenever that will be).

Incidently my friend thought I looked fab - I hadn't seen her for a couple of months and she said I looked really different. She is re-joining SW herself this week and said seeing me has given her confidence that she will do well herself. A neighbour also noticed my weight loss yesterday and so this week I have had loads of compliments. That feels really good but I hope it doesn't make me complacent.

The random weight gain is explained - started my period today. I went years without due to depo (contributing to a 2 stone gain in those years) and now they seem to be back to their previous short cycles. Today is Sunday 5th Sep. Last TOTM started Fri 13th Aug. Next should be due end of Sept.

Bit tired today - duvet day.

Ah, it was all going so well....

Knew I would have gained last night and so I didn't go to class. That is a bad move and I hope not the start of a slippery slope. Its annoying coz the week started so well and then along came my period and all hell broke loose. Next month I must get more prepared.

Today, back on track. Yoghurt and raspberries for breakfast.

Hopefully I can get down the gym but I have to wait in for an engineer to fix a laptop.

I am off work this week so a bit out of routine but back to work and back at uni next week so will settle into a new routine from then - will need to rework gym visits to fit in.

Ok, change of strategy. Back to one target at a time.

So, target now is to get to under 200lbs. After that I will set another.

Off to gym, going to do a step class (not done one of those for a while) and a body pump class.

Determined to get under 200lbs by the WI on Tuesday.

Blooming 'eck, that step class was like no other step class I had done before! It seemed to be a mix of step, combat and pump - I was exhausted and didn't stay to pump - the teacher suggested I'd be better off doing 20 mins of cardio so I did a bit on the treadmill. 8.05mins for 1km so a bit down on last week's time.

The class was fun but it only runs once a week which is a shame coz I'm normally at work on Thursdays so cant do it regularly. However, I may risk a body combat class at some point soon to see how much of it I can manage as it must be a good fat burner.

Carvey dinner later. :)

Ahoy!
How's it going huni? You seem to be doing really well, in spite of the whole totm badness. No worries, all of us girlies tend to scoff a bit and be lazy, its just getting back to normal after the week is up that's important and you've done that so well done.

Congrats on all of the compliments, it must feel awesome.
Keep it up babe!

Thanks Pink! I'd forgotten how TOTM affects me really after so long on the depo jab - I guess its a matter of getting used to it and accepting its effects each month.

Been pretty good though most of the week - did the carvery on Thursday but made good choices. Hope to get down to the gym later today but got errands to run so not sure what time I will get.

Calves hurt a bit after the demonic step class on Thursday but am looking to do another on Tuesday mornings which will be my home study day as of next week and so it should be a good regular class to do.

Bought one of these this week to wear under my strapless dress at the wedding next week. 36GG was too big so getting the 36G as they dont do a 34GG. It really is a lovely item:

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product...ustier&product_id=ELO-1231&size=&colour=Black

Back to uni today. Lots of compliments about me looking well which cheered me no end. A good day for the ego. :)

Was a bit stumped as to what to have in the cafe for lunch but chose a wholemeal bap with tuna and onion. Bap probably bigger than we are allowed as a daily Healthy Extra so some syns for that and also for the mayo on the tuna. Will have a think about a better choice for next time.

Biggest Loser and Britain's Next Top Model tonight so a bit of homework and then chill in front of the TV.

Will try and do a class tomorrow morning at gym. Then WI tomorrow evening - hoping to get under 200lbs.

Ooo that bustier looks lush! Always good to have some decent strapless support!

tis awesome that everyone's noticing at uni! And I'm so with you, it's hard to chose healthy stuff in uni cafes. I think I'm just going to pack a luch box or something like I used to at school and maybe treat myself once a week to something from uni.

you must be manic with classes and everything else, don't push yourself too hard hun.

Back