Now taking off the 5th stone with C25K & Slimming World

Ok, what I learnt over the last few days is that I can refuse a pudding simply because I am full. In the past, I'd be full but order one anyway as I just fancied it/couldn't resist it.

SW has taught me to be more conscious of how my tummy is feeling. Because we can eat however much we want of the free foods on SW, we have to learn to listen to our bodies more. I would reckon that most of my weight problems over the years have come about by me fancying this that or the other food. Very little to do with feeling hungry all the time.

Its not rocket science of course but as a life long fatty, this fundemental premise seems to have escaped me. Until now, one hopes.

Oh dear, its all gone horribly wrong.

Well not that bad but I have now been out for 8 meals over the last week or so and had done no exercise (bar walking to and from work) for a week and a half. I dont think the damage is too bad as I made reasonably good choices and I am back in the zone today.

I was up and raring to go the gym this morning and did a 1k run - a full 8 mins at 7.4/7.5kph (no walking so that was good) and then a Body Pump class.

Had a lovely veg pasta lunch and am now off to have a relaxing bath and do some study.

Well done for getting back into the swing of things babes! That's always the hardest bit.
And well done for declining pudding!

The film sounds great, I hope it's still in cinemas when I get my paycheque, lol.

Hope that this week goes well, and that you dont have to go for so many meals out and resist all of that temptation.

Well done for getting back into the swing of things babes! That's always the hardest bit.
And well done for declining pudding!

The film sounds great, I hope it's still in cinemas when I get my paycheque, lol.

Hope that this week goes well, and that you dont have to go for so many meals out and resist all of that temptation.

Thanks. :) I kinda got out of the swing again but am hanging in there - just!.

I have a WI tonight. I expect to put on a pound or two which given all my meals out, isn't too bad but I really do need to get moving in the right direction again.

I think I need to write everything I eat down just as I did for my first 4 weeks at SW.

Today will be odd as its WI day and so I tend not to eat too much during the day but I will update as I go and keep a full food diary for the week:

2 x Alpen Light bars (1 Healthy Extra B)
4 x ryvita (2nd Healthy Extra B) & Low fat grated cheese (Healthy Extra As)
1 x Alpen Light 3 syns.
Snacking on raw mushrooms
Vegtables, with rice in a tikka sauce (fat free yog and tikka powder) - all free food.

Its a good green day and I even have some syns in the bag for tomorrow if I want them. I normally eat more but WI days are always a bit random.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, I do worry myself sometimes!

Today in the gym (in a desperate 'last chance workout' style attempt to maintain this week), I ran 1.5k on the treadmill. I did it in 12 mins 10 secs (at 7.4kmph)

I felt fine running it but the heart rate was rising too much towards the end so I went straight to cool down. Anyways, I go off for a swim and ponder how far 1.5km is in 'real life' and only then, does it occur to me that it is 1500 metres (doh!) and therefore that stupid distance from school that I never got anywhere near completing - I was lucky if I got round the 400 metre track!

So, 25 or so years on and I am now running a longer distance than I was ever able to manage at school! OMG!

I am now very very impressed with myself (not for my intellect obviously :D) and will take the expected small gain on the scales tonight and just smile. :)

That's a great achievement! That's amazing, I am not surprised you are very very impressed with yourself, well done hun! I see it's weigh in day tonight, just wondered how you done? Keep the good work, you are so so close to your target of getting into the 13s, best of luck :D

That's a great achievement! That's amazing, I am not surprised you are very very impressed with yourself, well done hun! I see it's weigh in day tonight, just wondered how you done? Keep the good work, you are so so close to your target of getting into the 13s, best of luck :D

Hi!
After all those meals out, I put on 1.5 which was pretty good all things considered. This week I have pledged to get off 3.5 and get into the 13s at last! These 14s have hung around far too long. :(

Food diary for today:

Yesterday I had an extra Alpen Light in the evening so a total of 6 syns yesterday leaving 9 extra for today if I need.

Brekkie: Fat free yog with strawberries and Alpen Light bar (free plus 1/2 HEB)

Lunch: 240g suishi (4 syns)
Melon (free)
White choc buttons 32 g bag (8.5 syns)

Dinner: Pasta (free), Chicken (free), Mushrooms, courgettes, onions (all free), 2x level tbsp red pesto (5 syns), fat free yog (free).

Syns total: 17.5 (2.5 over - still in credit by 6.5 for week).

Off to gym to do a Body Pump class - will snack on other half of HEB tonight (Alpen Light).

No Healthy Extra A today but have had lots of calcium through the yoghurt and I am sure I will have some extra cheese at some point to make up for it.

Another good diet day.

Brekkie: 2 x boiled egg, grilled mushrooms and onions - all free

Snack: Flake (8.5 syns)

Lunch: chicken (free) and stuffing (3 syns) wholemeal roll (HEB)

Dinner: Fried egg (free as using fry spray), baked beans (free) and chips (cooked the Slimming World way so free). Salad cream (2 syns)

So 1.5 syns left plus 6.5 b/f. No HEA again today. Not good, will make sure cheese is on my food delivery order for tomorrow.

Well done for getting back on track hun, that dress will be yours before you know it.

Crikey, well done for the running! that's insane!!!
Hope that you reach your weekly goal babes and get into the 13s, I'm sure that you will :)
Best wishes.

Well done for getting back on track hun, that dress will be yours before you know it.

Hi and thanks. I am feeling quite focused at mo so will try and stay that way in the run up to christmas.

Crikey, well done for the running! that's insane!!!
Hope that you reach your weekly goal babes and get into the 13s, I'm sure that you will :)
Best wishes.

I cant quite believe it myself! I will go to the gym tomorrow and have another go to see if I can do it again.

Ok, its just as well I had 8 syns to bring forward as have gone over today. Not a totally bad day though...

Brekkie: fat free yog and strawberries (all free)

Snack: Flake 8.5 syns

Lunch: wholemeal roll (HEB), beef (free) horseradish (1 syn).
Scone (11 syns)

Dinner: Mince pasta bake...Extra lean mince (free), pasta (free), mush, onions and tomatoes (free), tinned tomatoes (free), oxo cube (free), sprinkling of breadcrumbs (2 syns)

Snack: 2 bourbons - no idea why I ate them as I dont even like them but they were sat looking at me. (7 wasted syns:mad:)

So that makes 29.5 syns. So even with my 8 carried forward, that is 6.5 over.

I will try and cut back tomorrow. And I will certainly keep away from the bourbons.

No HEA today either. Tut, tut.

Biscuits! Always my downfall. Oh well, it could have been worse, if it were me I would have scoffed at least 6!
Keep up the good work hun, you're doing so well :)

Biscuits! Always my downfall. Oh well, it could have been worse, if it were me I would have scoffed at least 6!
Keep up the good work hun, you're doing so well :)

I dont even like bourbons, that was the crime! :D

Yesterday, I had a great core day but went over on my syns again. I was doing well until son turned up and suggested getting a take-away - a recurring theme for weekends. I had chicken tikka starter size and half a mushroom rice with a tear off bit of nann. It was delicious but although chicken and rice are free on SW, they wont be from how they are cooked at an Indian. I reckon its probably 15 syns on top for the oil and bit of nann? The only other syns came from a milky way (11.5) so on the day about 11.5 over which means I am now 18 syns over for the week.

Actually that is not as bad as I thought. I'm unlikely to have syns on Tuesday (weigh-on day) and so I can claw the extra 3 back over the next two days and still be bang on.

I also went to the gym yesterday and run 2k. I did it at 7.4kph so it took just over 16 mins. I do get a feeling of discomfort at the very top of my legs and around the area where I get period pains. Not sure what that is all about but I think it may be weight related and so I wont go beyond 2k until I lose another stone.

Today brekkie was 2 Aplen Lights (HEB)

Lunch is a roast - better get the gammon joint in the oven!

Last edited:
Yeh, best not push yourself too hard and hurt yourself! You wouldn't be able to do anything then.
you're not too over it's fine, and your exercise will be making up for it :)
Best wishes.

OK. Where was I? Oh yes, a Saturday night takeaway. Well, I went over my syns Sunday and yesterday so the progress I made has stalled. Gosh this is so hard sometimes. Its can all be going so well and then bam, along comes a temptation and off down that path I go looking for more.

To be honest it was not a great diversion and I think I have Slimming World to thank for that as it really has changed the way I think about food. I can be naughty and then get back on track and with weekly weigh ins, it all helps me to not fall off the wagon completely.

I have made a commitment to myself to stay to classes until the end of March 2011 which will have seen me on the Slimming World plan for a year. Hopefully by then I will have reached my target and maintained for at least a few weeks. I will then be able to look back at that year and remember what I achieved which will hopefully help get me on track for life.

Back to today, I have weigh-in tonight. A loss of half a pound is about as much I can hope for. And I really hope for that as it will give me a much needed boost.

Hoorah! I lost 2.5 pounds. That 'last chance workout' this afternoon at the gym did the trick. The 20 mins in the steam room probaby helped too. It was all a bit testosterone in there though as the men were discusssing football as a couple of the West Ham squad were in the pool area.

Steaming with premiership footballers aside, I was out on the push bike today but got soaked as the heavens randomly decided to open - not good.

But hey, if I lose 3 pounds next week, I will get a 4 stone sticky and so I reckon getting wet is a small price to pay.

Its been a good day. My loss last night gave me a good motivational boost.

I have decided to give up on Alpen Lights as I find them too moorish and eat too many. That said, I have always thought that multi-packs are the work of the devil so I shouldn't have them on my shopping list anyway.

Now its getting colder, the yoghurt and raspberry breakfast has been replaced with porridge. That way I have my Healthy Extra A (skimmed milk) and B (the oats) for breakfast and so only then need to consider syns. I have ordered some Canderel on my shop this week as I do like to sweeten my porridge and if I can save a few syns by not using real sugar then great.

Exercise wise, I am off to Body Pump shortly and I cycled to and from work today. Its not far but it does mean cycling up a very slow hill on the way home. That was tough but it felt good to do.

Back