Now taking off the 5th stone with C25K & Slimming World

downsizingmycurves

Silver Member
Ok, here I am on week 19 of Slimming World Extra Easy. 3 stone and a 1/2 pound lighter. :)

I dont really have an end target weight but BMI wise I still have 63 pounds to go to become 'normal'. I've never been one to aspire to being normal and so I might just see how it goes and stop when I can get in one of Dannii Minogue's new designs - which only go up to a 14 (and I am reckoning a not very generous size 14 at that!).

I started this *cough* journey as a size 22 but not that any item in my wardrobe was actually a size 22, as those size 18 jersey dresses are all very forgiving - well at least that is what I thought at the time when I looked in the mirror.:D

I have kept one size 20 skirt (which was a little tight) so I can remind myself of how much of me has disappeared (which, according to the brilliant stats on ths site is just over 17% of me). That makes me pretty happy as does buying new clothes - my latest purchase is a size 16 dress which is a little erm fitted but I fully intend to lose another half a stone before I need to wear it for a wedding in mid September. I have made a few size 16 purchases and have developed a strange addiction to trying them on and looking at myself on the mirror. :ashamed0005:

I am now a bit of a gym bunny. Doing body pump, spin, swimming and, as of this very week, running. I say running but 2k in 20 minutes tells you its mainly walking with a few added in spurts of running at 9k.

So, weight loss wise my next target is to get my 3 and a half stone sticker - we love stickers at SW. I reckon I can do that in 3 weeks. Exercise wise, it is to manage to complete week 1 of my C25K programme. That may take a couple of weeks but hey better late than never!

Congratulations and well done on losing 3 stone and ½lb and on your very impressive exercise routine:happy096:

Thank you mini.:)

Today I woke up deciding I need to do a 100% week and not have even the smallest of little cheats. Its 6.30 and I have been perfect and so am now off to Body Pump followed by a swim to keep me out of the way of temptation.

Today:
brekkie - yoghurt, melon and raspberries - all free

morning treat - mini milky way - 6 of my allowed 15 syns

Lunch - Suishi 300g 4.5 syns, fresh pineapple - free

afternoon snack 4 x ryvita plus 28g wenlysdale cheese (healthy extra a & b)

Dinner - home made chicken pasta with onions, courgettes and mushrooms with a sauce made with natural yoghurt (free) plus a level tbp red pesto (2.5 syns).

I may treat myself to a bowl of yogurt and raspberries after the gym if I feel really hungry (all free).

Gosh that reads as quite a lot, I just love Slimming World!:D

hiya hun! well done so far!

Im almost like you started at a size 24 though! currently 16 tops/18 bottome but im always looking in the mirror now!
x

hiya hun! well done so far!

Im almost like you started at a size 24 though! currently 16 tops/18 bottome but im always looking in the mirror now!
x

Hello! I just caught up with your blog, yes on a similar journey. You are a great inspiration, particularly as you have done it all by yourself. I'm not sure I could keep up the motivation without a weekly WI at a club.

Well I didn't swim last night after Body Pump (which was so great I might see if I can fit in 3 sessions a week) as was feeling lazy (tut tut) and so instead done a qucik 1k on the cross trainer. I did 1k in just 5 mins so half the time it takes me to run/walk on the treadmill as I can currently only manage that at 2k in 20 mins.

I still have the whole mile now to swim this week as I like to do a mile a week over as many sessions as it takes - usually 3 but may have to do it all in one go this week as have not done any lengths yet! I will try and leave work early enough today to get some swimming in before going out for dinner tonight.

Just off to work shortly. Had a meal out last night so flexi syned - Slimming World speak for upping our allowance for special occassions. I actually flexi syn a least once a week as I seem to go out for a meal quite often but really only double or tripple my daily allowance to 30 or 45 syns instead of 15.

The benefit of flexi syns is that we can go over what the every day diet plan allows but we dont go off plan. In my 19 weeks of experience, this means I keep on track the rest of that day and indeed the rest of that week. Previously, I'd probably just think 'oh well, I'm gonna have a bad week so I'll just scoff whatever I fancy and start again next week'.

So 40 syns yesterday instead of 15 but the joy of flexi synning is that I dont have to cut back today and I just get on with it as normal. I do have the option to cut back though by using a weekly allowance figure but I find I need my 15 syns a day to keep me thinking I am not actually on a diet. I dont do deprivation very well and that is why SW is so good for me.

Just finished my yoghurt, raspberries and banana for brekkie. That should get me going!:p

Heya, wow, you're doing so well! Congrats!
I'm amazed by how well you do at the gym! Great work. I'm too chicken to try classes, becuase I'm sure that I'll be terrible, lol.
Hope that you reach that 3 and a half stone target.
Best wishes!

Heya, wow, you're doing so well! Congrats!
I'm amazed by how well you do at the gym! Great work. I'm too chicken to try classes, becuase I'm sure that I'll be terrible, lol.
Hope that you reach that 3 and a half stone target.
Best wishes!

I love my classes but do tend to stay near the back. Spin is good coz you can go at your own pace and Body Pump is great as you can start off with light weights and build up - there is no running around either so you dont have to be really fit so there is no getting out of breath.:)

Oh dear. My day started out so well. Great morning and lunch and then....

Period started, I felt bloated so didn't eat any dinner. Was sitting quite happilly watching Big Brother and teen son comes home and orders pizza and Hagan Daz Belgium Choc flavour. Mmm 3 slices of pizza and a few spoonfuls of HD later and I'm feeling a bit diappointed in myself but that's what I get for not having dinner.:(

Now half watching Family Guy which is very cheering!

Hopefully I will feel brighter tomorrow and not so bloated. Plan to do Body Pump and have a swim. Maybe I'll sit in the steam room for the afternoon to steam out the extra calories!!:D

Well I woke up still feeling bloated and felt like having a 'duvet day'. However, I know from past experience that it is easy to find an excuse to not exercise and then once that happens, its easy to get out of the routine and off track completely and so, off I dragged my now sized 16 bottom to the gym.

I did my usual Body Pump class which normally really energises me but although I felt better for going I was still a little sluggish. I then had the choice to go home or get in the pool. Given that I had not been in the pool since Sunday when I did just 14 lengths, I opted for the pool. 50 lengths and a steam and a short jacuzi session later, I am back at home.

I am very glad I didn't take the duvet option. I'm giving myself a brownie point.

So my total Body Magic (SW speak for exercise) this week from Sunday to today is:

Body Pump - 2 x 1 hour class
Spinning - 1 x 1 hour class
Swimming - 64 Lengths (1 mile)
Treadmill - 2k
Cross trainer - 1k

My positive = going today when I really didn't feel like it.
My area for improvement = I need to try and get the c25k running thing going. Will try this week to do 2 sessions of 8 x 1 mins runs and 8 x 1.5 min walks on treadmill.

Now for lunch - steak and sweet potato with mushrooms and onions.

Aw hun, don't worry about the odd indulgence, especially on totm! Well done for getting to the gym and doing so well with it too!
Hope that you enjoy your weekend.
Best wishes.

Right, just back from the gym. I did my first 8 min run thingy - I did 8 x 1 min at 9kph with walks inbetween. With the cooldown this meant I travelled 2.5km in 25 mins. Yeh! Did 40 lengths in the pool after that and then chilled in the jacuzi and steam.

Yesterday I did an hour of Spin. I want to do another session of my 8 x 1 min plus my body pumps and another 24 lengths of the pool by the end of Saturday.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is weigh in day. I am hoping for a loss of 2 pounds. Fingers crossed.

Dinner tonight chicken and potato curry with rice. I will make the sauce from natural yoghurt, tikka powder and tinned tomatoes. Its all free on SW. Yum, yum.

Oh forgot to note that the lady in the sweet shop where I but my milky ways noticed my weight loss the other day.

She said I'd lost weight from around my chin, neck and shoulders. I guess thay are the parts she mainly sees from behind the counter lol so I'll take it as a lovely compliment.

Wow, you're like an exercising machine! Good work man. You're probably the kid of person I stare at in wonder when I'm slogging it out at the gym, lol.
Aw awesome, it's always great when people notice your weightloss, you must be looking great :)

Wow, you're like an exercising machine! Good work man. You're probably the kid of person I stare at in wonder when I'm slogging it out at the gym, lol.
Aw awesome, it's always great when people notice your weightloss, you must be looking great :)

:)I do actually enjoy exercise so that helps. Plus I joined a David Lloyd gym and so I want to make sure I get my moneys worth :D as its dead pricey.

Weigh in tonight. Hoping for a good one.

Yoghurt and fresh pineapple for brekkie - delicious.

I watched The Biggest Loser USA on Sky1 last night. They really do clock up some amazing lossess each week. I am slightly in lust with Bob the trainer - I wish he was a PT at my gym! :ashamed0005:

HAHAHA AMAZING.
I watched a couple of eps of that the other day, I forgot to note down what day it runs on though. They do lose mad amounts, like one bloke lost 19lbs in a week. IN A WEEK! It's taken me like 7 weeks to do that, maybe even 8....although I suppose they are way heavier than I am...
Anywhoooo, how's it going?

HAHAHA AMAZING.
I watched a couple of eps of that the other day, I forgot to note down what day it runs on though. They do lose mad amounts, like one bloke lost 19lbs in a week. IN A WEEK! It's taken me like 7 weeks to do that, maybe even 8....although I suppose they are way heavier than I am...
Anywhoooo, how's it going?

They are incredible losses on Biggest Loser. I believe they work out in the gym for about 6 hours a day.:eek:

As for me, I lost 3 pound this week and got the Slimmer of the Week award ay my club. Woohoo.

I haven't been 100% with the food this week (TOTM and all) so hopefully if I do as much exercise plus follow the plan 100% I can lose 3.5 next week and get my next sticker (3.5 stone).

Aw amazing loss, well done! You must be chuffed :)
Yeh, totm is not good times, especially if you're trying to lose weight, oh well, do your best and I'm sure it'll all be good :)

Mmmm I only managed to kinda follow the plan today. I was with it in spirit but got called to another office and so had no plan for lunch and ended up being drawn in by the smell of a cheese and onion pasty in Greggs! So, that was an extra 15.5 syns on top of my milky way (6) and bit of malt loaf (4.5). I'm really supposed to have 15 a day so not too overboard to have 26. I could cut back tomorrow to make up for it but that approach doesn't work for me as I hate to feel as if I am on a diet. Slimming World is so not about being on a diet - its a healthy eating plan for life.

Exercise wise, did my normal Wednesday evening Body Pump. Am beginning to add more weights when doing certain muscle groups now so, very pleased with my progress.

After class I did my second 8 x 1min, 8 x 1.5 min treadmil run and walk of the week. I felt like giving up after 4 reps but there was a poster of that Sky ad with Eric Cantona on the wall of the gym and it had the words "say no to comprimise". And so thanks to Eric, I did, and thus completed all 8 cycles (just over 2k in 20 mins).

Very sweaty after but hopefully I worked off the cheese and onion pasty! :D

Back