NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I saw a friend and she double looked and said " f**k me, where have you gone? You've shrunk" i've never heard her swear before!
I've also had a pair of size 12 jeans on this weekend, they are generous though!

The shower has grown - I don't seem to bash into the sides anymore when showering! :0bathtime:

Incidentally, my bath sheets have grown too as I can comfortably wrap them around me now with no delightful gape around my nether regions!
NSV's are brilliant!
sCh_elmodance.gif

I HAVE A CHIN!!! WHOOP WHOOP! Can actually see i've lost weight from my face! (and i didn't think it was that big to begin with!)

I had my belly button re-pierced as it had grown over and now I can show off my lovely flat stomach! Oh and work mate said to me today 'bl@@dy hell you can really see how much weight you've lost in what you're wearing today! Yey for NSVs xxx

Yesterday I was at the gym and asked an instructor who I had never seen before what my resting heart rate should be. He went away and came back saying "I worked it out for a person of above average fitness level because you are obviously quite fit.

To him it was just an observation but to me it was incredibly emotional- a complete stranger classified me as 'quite fit'- I nearly cried

My NSV is that I got into size 24 bottoms from Evans at the weekend! :)

I saw one of my cousins who I haven't seen for about 1 year. The first thing she said to me was 'you've lost some weight' :D

Michelle

I have to get up like a million times to pee during the night, as baby has now taken to use my bladder as a squeeze toy & something i noticed for the first time last night is that i kept losing my size 22 knickers on the way to the bathroom!! :eek: My baby bump maybe growing but my fat *ss is melting away nicely!!:D

Yesterday I was at the gym and asked an instructor who I had never seen before what my resting heart rate should be. He went away and came back saying "I worked it out for a person of above average fitness level because you are obviously quite fit.

To him it was just an observation but to me it was incredibly emotional- a complete stranger classified me as 'quite fit'- I nearly cried

That is so amazing!!! :)

A NSV from me today.

I took my daughter to the local swimming baths.

Big deal? Yes. She is 6 and I have never had the confidence or break in depression spells to be able to drag myself there before. We both had a great time. I felt kind of stupid for having let it go so long without doing it but so proud of the fact that I had conquered that fear.

i had one (a NSV!) today, i noticed a strange noise when i was walking round the warehouse....and the noise was the bottom of my jeans scuffing on the floor - due to my jeans being on my hips rather than my waist now :)

Belt required :) xxxx Love love love SW! xxxx

Great NSV from all of you guys, also i love this thread, it's so important to note all the victories we achieve on the way to out goals not just the ones the scales show up! I had my first nsv today, i tried on a dress from H&M that when i bought it could be warn but was far too tight, i tried it on today and it fits:D i wore it out to the cinema and felt very happy=) SW i love you!

I had a lovely one today, a new member joined our group and said that she looked around and saw me and thought"she doesn't need to be here" and said that once she heard my losses she was so impressed and had to talk to me! I've never been someone's inspiration :)!

Amazing thread!

NSVs are just as important as losses, as they give you the determination to carry on! I had a gain this week and was feeling really disheartened, then I got home to a comment on my facebook on a photo of me from last weekend... "you look so fab, your hair looks shiny and amazing"... I felt like a million dollars lol...!

Bring on the NSVs this week and a better showing on the scales too! xx

My NSV was to go into a bar and just order a diet coke, I haven't ever done that before :)

I promised someone on the chat room that I'd post this up. (no doubt it'll get blocked for profanity though)...

It's a kinda NSV. It happened a few months ago...

---

As a larger person I was used to being called names in the street. A few months ago though, whilst I was walking to town, some kid came up close and waved his fist in my face and called me a “****er”. I side-stepped him and carried on my way but something felt wrong. Then I stopped dead in my tracks, and laughed loudly and smiled for the rest of the day. It wasn’t “fat ****er” anymore. I’d finally made it – people didn’t consider me “fat” anymore.

As a larger person I was used to being called names in the street. A few months ago though, whilst I was walking to town, some kid came up close and waved his fist in my face and called me a “****er”. I side-stepped him and carried on my way but something felt wrong. Then I stopped dead in my tracks, and laughed loudly and smiled for the rest of the day. It wasn’t “fat ****er” anymore. I’d finally made it – people didn’t consider me “fat” anymore.

LOL- I love it!

We went swimming last week, and DH took our boy to get changed in the mens (thats a 1st too!). I came out and walked towards them at the poolside, and (DH not wearing his glasses) was just staring straight through me. It was only when my boy shouted Mummy, he realised it was me, saying sorry he was busy looking at the pretty woman in the red cozzy (me), and thought she was too thin to be me:D

Back