NSVs - Non Scale Victories

My NSV today was being able to see what I was doing when shaving my undercarriage :eek::p I've been working blind for a while and it's SO much easier now I can see what I'm doing :D

Lol :D:D:D:D I know just what you mean!!!

my nsv this week was a neighbour i havent seen for ages stopping me and saying how good i looked and hadnt i lost a lot of weight.
she was the first person to say anything who didnt know i was doing sw so it meant much more than other people saying it as everyone so far has known.

More wonderful NSVs for me this weekend... went to a party with some friends I hadnt seen for ages, they were literally taken aback by how I looked, I had really gone to town on the outfit and makeup though (ha ha!) so I was dressed up but still felt really good to be noticed!

I also wore leggings out for the first time since I was a teen! They looked great under my dress! Result!

Well done MancBird. :)

NSV for me today! My hairdresser saide "You've lost some weight, you look great". Well, floating on air doesn't describe it! :)

my NSV this weekend was people who hadnt seen me for a while saying i looked 'really well'....:D i interpret that as polite for 'not as fat as you were'!

oh and washing my hair over the bath, my pendant on my necklace went up my nose!!! now you might wonder why this is a NSV, but previously it was prevented from getting anywhere by my many many chins. I have not washed my hair over the bath for ages (usually do it whilst having a shower) so this was a new thing, albeit very annoying at the time!!!! :) woop woop!

I had one today! I got on the Wii Fat for the first times in ages (100-something days) and my Mii changed from Obese to Overweight!!! I know this is kind of a scale victory, but the Wii Fit isn't very accurate for weighing. But still made me :D Now I just have to weigh-in on Wednesday to see if it was right ;)
Did lots of new exercises today and felt really good too :eek:

Well done laydeez - NSVs are wonderful aren't they? I've got one - the top which I always wear to WI (to make it as accurate as I can) altho baggy to start with, feels so loose now it's dropping off my shoulder and threatens to drop down altogether. Wooohoooo:D:D:D!

More wonderful NSVs for me this weekend... went to a party with some friends I hadnt seen for ages, they were literally taken aback by how I looked, I had really gone to town on the outfit and makeup though (ha ha!) so I was dressed up but still felt really good to be noticed!

I also wore leggings out for the first time since I was a teen! They looked great under my dress! Result!

Oh wow Mancbird, have you got any pics to show us? Would LOVE to see how fabulous you looked!!!!! :D:D:D

Congrats anyway!!!

Lots of love, Caramelle X X X

Wow yeah Mancbird, I second what Caramelled said - any pics of you looking fab? Would be great to see them! X

Went to the chemist today to hand in the dogs prescription (long story) and the lovely lady I speak to a lot in there asked how I was and said I looked really well. As I was leaving she said "You know, you look really well. Have you lost some weight" To which I smiled and said "Yeah, a bit" :eek: She shyly asked how much and when I told her she said it was brilliant and that I looked fabulous :eek: :D

Ive got a few to add, Got in to a smaller size jean! Had to use a belt :O Did not know what a belt was untill now ! And the best,,seen a old friend and she asked me where my waist was ? Hehe :) x

Love this thread!

Mine today was a size 16 top! :eek: Just can't believe it! I want to wear the label showing :D xx

ooh I have some more to add that happened yesterday :D
  • got a new pair of shoes size 6.5 instead of my usual 8s :eek:
  • hubby asked me to start the car whilst he was under the bonnet and I just slid across from my seat without thinking -I would normally get out and walk round
  • went for a meal and sat where I fancied -outside on the terrace in the sun... not in the corner furthest away from everyone else and where I wouldn't have to make eye contact!
  • and -I actually cleared a meal -ok it was a grilled chicken salad (I ignored the 8 slices of garlic bread the plonked at the side of me:eek:)..now normally I don't finish meals when Im eating out as Im conscious of people thinking "no wonder she is that big" -even though they probably don't :p-so clearing my plate was some achievment,(well I was hungry, it was on plan, I had paid for it and by eck I was eating it :p)
so all in all yesterday was a good one :D
Im loving this thread...so motivational -keep up the great work everyone :D

Someone said I have a "baggy bum" in my trousers, need to get the next size down!

NSV ALERT!!! :)

Well, nothing to do with clothes or anything - but as part of my SW journey, which started 2 weeks ago, I've been exercising 6 days a week. For the first time today I could do full press ups instead of the modified version and I also ran 7 miles too and felt great! Gives me the incentive to carry on, despite gaining this week.

Back