NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I happened across a pair of linen shorts i last wore in 2006 when we went to majorca.
I tried them on and they fit.:p nicely
Just in time for my hols in August...

I had to make an extender for my bra's as they were too tight and just unbearable to wear through the day (couldn't afford new bras!)

BUT i'd had to move the extender tighter and tighter and then at the weekend i took it off, and the bra fits perfectly :D Comfortable and everything! :D

I had another one last night. My father ordered in pizza, from pizza hut, my favorite Hawaiian toppings and garlic bread, and i resisted the lot. That I'm very proud of!

Brilliant achievements everyone :clap:
IanH -I love your NSV -especially as I can Imagine the "little oik"(Im being polite;))
wandering off thinking "hmmm well that wasn't what I expected" as you walked down the street smiling and laughing to yourself :p

My major NSV happened a couple of days ago-I will give you the short version..
My most recent pair of 3/4 jeans were a size 56-uk 26ish :eek: -they fall down now -so me n hubby are planning on going clothes shopping on Wednesday (his anniversary pressie to me :D) -so i thought I would try on a pair of jeans I used to shoe-horn myself into 2 years ago, so I could guesstimate the size I needed... and they only blinkin fit :bliss:-they are a size 44-uk 18ish .... so I tried on a long size 18 skirt -and that fits too ...AND they are both fixed waists -no elastic in sight :p.... I don't imagine I will fit into all 18s -but Im heading in the right direction ;)
Finally (this isn't a short version is it :giggle:)
Anyway I have big calves and have 2 pairs of high legged boots (that have never zipped all the way up) and yesterday 1 pair did :D....
I can't believe how quickly things have changed in 14 weeks.
Keep up the great work everyone..we are getting there :D

Wow it's so inspirational reading all your NSV's
The only one I've had recently is being able to buy some size 16 tops in Evans which fit really well. They are generous sizes (I can't fit into my old size 16s yet) but still a NSV all the same

Well done everyone!!

I haven't really had one yet but can't wait 'til I do.
My boyfriend said my ears look 8lbs thinner...ha, his way of being funny. I'm not sure if it'll be that noticable to people I see everyday so I'm not really expecting one 'til I go back to uni in October. I want to wow everyone then!

I do seasonal work at a kid's summer camp. Today, I thought I'd best try on my trusty combats that I wore last year - expected them to be a bit baggy at most.

I can pull them off without unbuttoning or unzipping them, there's a mahusive gap between my waist and the waistband.

This is good, but means that I now have to find and buy some more before tomorrow!!

We're all doing so well guys and dolls :) xx

My NSV today was being able to see what I was doing when shaving my undercarriage :eek::p I've been working blind for a while and it's SO much easier now I can see what I'm doing :D

Last edited:
Dear MODs - IreneH and Starlight,

Could we pretty, pretty please make this thread a sticky? NSVs (Non-Scale Victories) are such a huge part of everyone's weight loss journey, that it would be nice to be able to acknowledge them in a 'sticky' thread xxx

Hello!

I had two NSVs this week:

Firstly, I love lingerie and have loads of lovely stuff that I can't get into any more - in a whole range of sizes!! When I started SW, I was a 40H and all I could get into were plain cotton bras from Bravissimo which are pretty dull and also don't give me a great shape. So I decided to hang a set in the next size down on the back of my bedroom door as motivation. I'm now back in the bra (but not the pants yet, obviously losing from up top first!) and my boobs look much perkier!!

Secondly, I put a pair of jeans on this week which I haven't worn for about 6 weeks and they were very loose! I also had to pull my belt in so it's on the last notch!

I love NSVs!!! :D

Back