NSVs - Non Scale Victories

took my measurements again today and in total I've lost 22.5 inches so far. I've not measured myself since november so I was really shocked at that, not to mention over the moon! Also I only measure 1 arm and 1 leg so it will actually be more but I don't have a record of my left side lol.

Well done, i was inspired by your post so this morning i measured myself, only waist, chest and hips but was very surprised to find i have lost 11 inches.:)

Thats fab well done. Its great to see the measurements going down as well as the weight on the scales :D

I love this thread :D, I've been having a rough couple of weeks on the scales (1/2lb losses when I've been 100%) so my NSVs are very important to me right now:

1)I used to go through about 16 gaviscon a week. I've had the same packet sitting since I started this on January 11th and I've half of them left :D :D

2)One of the women at my class last week sought me out to tell me I had lovely skin (I was knackered and makeupless at the time!!) which is totally due to the 1/3 superfree :D

3)I've done at least 30minutes (230KCal +) 5 times a week for three weeks on the Wiifit and I'm beginning to notice a difference in my fitness and balanace :D

4)My Jeans are beginning to feel a bit baggy (not baggy enough to go a size down yet, but still! :))

Today I wore my size 14 skinny topshop jeans that I have not worn for at least a year, and they felt comfortable and I looked great :)

i am still growing my ankles out of my cankles.......will keep you all updated once they appear in full.

x

This time last year, I was bursting out of my size 14 Primark jeans, too ignorant to buy size 16s. In the past week, I have tried on jeans and trousers in the following shops: Republic, Next, River Island, New Look, Topshop. They have all been size 8, and a perfect fit. I am so pleased, and now believe anything is possible if I put my mind to it.

My H told me my ars$ had got smaller...is this a NSV?? If so it's my 1st lol

I've got collar bones!!!!!! I can't stop looking at my neck in the mirror. Lol

Bring on the summer a I shall be wearing little tops!

Margery Dawe said:
I've got collar bones!!!!!! I can't stop looking at my neck in the mirror. Lol

Bring on the summer a I shall be wearing little tops!

Wow!! I noticed the faint outline of mine recently as well - I spent the weekend pulling all sorts of muscles n my neck trying to make them more pronounced... Just a little longer and we'll be there!

I have started going back to the gym this week, for the first time since October! I went to aquafit for the first time tonight which was hard work but good fun, and afterwards instead of sneaking into one of the tiny cubicles to get changed I actually got changed with everyone else, am finally getting a bit of confidence :) Also, I was not the biggest one in the pool for a change!!! x

As I was scrolling down reading everyone's fabby NSV's, I realised that I could see the bones in my hand :eek: Not literally of course :p So I now have collar bones, hip bones and now hand bones :D

Still working on the knee caps though :cool:

I'm still waiting on my bones coming back, but I am beginning to see some muscle from all my Wii Fitting - there are definite curves, hollows and firm bits in the wobble :D

I've had it a month and I've only had two days off and one day at less than 30minutes, which I'm super proud of (I am the ultimate lazy girl...) and I did 50 minutes last night despite it being * week and having horrible crampy legs and stomach as a result (totally worth pushing through that, I slept like a baby and wasn't woken by the cramps once :D)

i was a little bit drunk last night and when i got home and went to the toilet i pulled my jeans down, it was only this morning when i got up and picked them up from the bathroom floor that i noticed the button was still done up!

Now... I have only lost 1st 1.5lb. Still got a ways to go. I'm still wearing the same size (though things are a bit more comfortable). I don't think my weight loss is noticable yet.

However...just seen a colleague of mine who I see maybe every month or so... he literally looked me up and down and looked stumped for words... then he said "uuhh...you ...look... uh... healthy?"
lol
I think was unsure of how to say something incase he offended.

He then whispered discreetly: "Have you lost loads of weight? cos you look really good"

I proudly declared "Yes. Yes I have. And thank you for the compliment."

:)

During what is an utterly rubbish week at work...that has put a smile on my face, especially cos i could see that the genuinely meant it.

not sure if it counts as a NSV, but I've finally decided to stop wearing my "fat shirt" to weigh-ins as it's now way too baggy on me.. ( I've worn EXACTLY the same thing to weigh in since I started... except my jeans that HAD to be changed just after christmas as I'd lost about 10 inches in waist size..... and the jumper that I started wearing when it got cold.. )

ColJack,

That DEFINITELY counts ! Well done:D

Gail x

Back