NSVs - Non Scale Victories

That's great Big Bear. You are brave - I would never dare buy jeans without trying them first.

I was scared very scared lol I got them of ebay for £7 (2 pairs) X

big bear said:
I'm delighted to report that my bargainous pair of Size 16 dorothy perkin jeans arrived this morning. I was really scared to try them on in case they didn't fit. Well I put them on & they fit perfectly, they are slightly stretch but I do not care the label says 16.

I've been walking around grinning like a cheshire cat & it's made me more determined to stick to plan. I'm so so happy as I can't remember the last time I was a 16 possibly my early 20's...

Way to go BB! That is some NSV!! Clothes related ones are some of the best! Wow I agree you're really brave buying them without trying them and what a bargain you had! I usually have to try about 4 or 5 pairs to find ones that look good and feel comfy! Well done!!! X

So many people are passing me in the street or at work it is unreal!

THis week I wanted some new shorts (for the gym and to replace my XL/XXL ones) typically, there was no mediums in stock so while the assistant went to look for some in the store-room I tried on the small.

Amazingly they fit and so I bought 4 pair (different colours) I also needed a waterproof coat for my hiking and again I was stunned when I was easily able to fit into the small size - with ample room for a few layers/fleece etc. underneath!

I guess as I am only 10lb from target, it is really easy to see the finishing line as well as my lines lol

On Sunday night my Fiance and kids had an Indian take-away and I resisted! Didn't even feel tempted to join them x

I joined SW on a whim almost 3 wks ago and the previous week I'd been sorting out my old (read "too small for me") clothes which I bagged up but never got round to taking to the charity shop. Today I was rushing to get to the loo and without thinking about it I just pulled my jeans straight down without unfastening them!!! Its amazing what a 5lb weightloss can do for you. Guess who's saving those old clothes for a few more weeks yet? and maybe even putting them back into my wardrobe and bagging up the stuff I'm wearing now! :D

I joined SW on a whim almost 3 wks ago and the previous week I'd been sorting out my old (read "too small for me") clothes which I bagged up but never got round to taking to the charity shop. Today I was rushing to get to the loo and without thinking about it I just pulled my jeans straight down without unfastening them!!! Its amazing what a 5lb weightloss can do for you. Guess who's saving those old clothes for a few more weeks yet? and maybe even putting them back into my wardrobe and bagging up the stuff I'm wearing now! :D

Thats great! :D x

spoke to a friend i hadn't seen for a while, and they looked at me blank, then turned round and said, lynn, i'm so sorry, i didn't realise it was you, as you've lost so much weight, you look great. Topped off a great night:D

That is so amazing well done! :)

Just tried on my size 14 jeans and they do up!!! Can't actually wear them and breathe but they do up!!!! Yeah!!!!
X

but . . .. this time next week!! :)

Oooh - Woodlandgirl - is that a reclaiming of old wardrobe? That's awesome!

I was in training today and the trainer kept offering round Starbursts and everyone else had them but I just passed the bag on and didn't have any at all :D

Just recently started doing the shop at my group. Today two ladies came in, think it must have been their first weigh in, and were looking through the magazines and recipe books. I started chatting away about how the last magazine was really good, that there's usually only a couple of recipes I fancy trying but there were loads in this one, and they looked at me open-mouthed. Couldn't work out what I'd said wrong, then one of them said 'you don't do Slimming World do you?!' They thought I was just someone who came in to help out, and couldn't believe I'm on the plan. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!

I went to group tonight and there was a target member there who had not attended since before christmas. She mentioned to the consultant that she could see a big difference in some of the group. When the consultant asked her who she thought had changed the most she said me. I felt so proud and it was just what i needed to cheer me up as i had gained this week.

I managed to wear the trousers I bought for work last October but have never been able to do up :) So chuffed, I was really struggling over the weekend and was on the verge of giving up but knowing that they fit now has given me the motivation to get my butt back into gear!

i was feeling a little down about the slowing of my weightloss but after measuring myself this morning im quite happy now. ive lost 27 inches in total in space of 9 weeks. im over the moon now :)

Oooh so many great achievements!!!

I went to Next the other day as I found a voucher from chrimbo.
I'd tried on a dress a few weeks ago in a 12 but it was slightly tight.
Tried it on again and it was too big!!!!! I felt a fraud asking the SA to get me a 10 - felt sure she was going to laugh and tell me not to be silly!
The size 10 did up and everything! I didn't buy it as it felt ever so slightly tight under the arms but IT DID UP!!!!
Ok, ok, I know next are slightly generous but still, it felt goooooood!!

Oooh so many great achievements!!!

I went to Next the other day as I found a voucher from chrimbo.
I'd tried on a dress a few weeks ago in a 12 but it was slightly tight.
Tried it on again and it was too big!!!!! I felt a fraud asking the SA to get me a 10 - felt sure she was going to laugh and tell me not to be silly!
The size 10 did up and everything! I didn't buy it as it felt ever so slightly tight under the arms but IT DID UP!!!!
Ok, ok, I know next are slightly generous but still, it felt goooooood!!

ahh now i always think next sizes are tighter fitting, my friend does too!
well done im so jealous lol im in a size 16 now from a 20 verging on 22. quite happy with that at minute though. well done on the size 10 bet you feel fab x

Well done Lisaberry on getting into a 10- I can only dream of it!
And well done mia_queenbee a size 16 from 20/22 is fab achievementx

Back