NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Went to car bootie today and said to fella that I needed to start buying size 16 jeans for when there are no car boot sales on during the winter, I will put them away until Jan/Feb for when I need them, I managed to get 4 pairs for £5 :) I have just got them in off the line, decided to try them on to see how far I have to go 2 pairs fit me 1 pair I can get on but cant breath 1 pair are around 2 inches too small, a size 16 me??? OMG :D

WelshCake said:
Went to car bootie today and said to fella that I needed to start buying size 16 jeans for when there are no car boot sales on during the winter, I will put them away until Jan/Feb for when I need them, I managed to get 4 pairs for £5 :) I have just got them in off the line, decided to try them on to see how far I have to go 2 pairs fit me 1 pair I can get on but cant breath 1 pair are around 2 inches too small, a size 16 me??? OMG :D

Cool... Feels great doesn't it... Pleased for you, well done... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

i was round at my mums last night and there were some kids hanging round in caps and what not.

They yelled something at me, which i thought was 'Fatty' - so i was upset, but then they yelled again and it was actually 'Sexy'

*blush*

Ellebear said:
i was round at my mums last night and there were some kids hanging round in caps and what not.

They yelled something at me, which i thought was 'Fatty' - so i was upset, but then they yelled again and it was actually 'Sexy'

*blush*

:) nice one...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

At a family gathering on Sunday I was saying hello to my little cousin who I haven't seen since Christmas- he is 6. He looked really confused when hugging me and his mum goes - "You remember Alison!" And he goes "Yes... but she doesn't look like Alison!"
Amazing. I've lost so much weight the little ones struggle to recognise me, lol!

You ladies are inspirational, have been feeling down about it all but reading this has made me decide I want some compliments too lol

I bet you get compliments all the time, the challenge is learning to recognise and accept them.

Had my biggest nsv to date, having nearly lost 2 stone I feel much better in myself. Saw my friends hubby yesterday who has lost loads of weight. He started telling me it's all down to will power and the gym rather pointedly I felt but was unaware that my friend had already confided in me that he'd had a gastric bypass.

Just wish he could be honest about it. It did make me laugh though and very proud that it's coming off slowly but surely with sw as it should do :)

My bf grabbed me by the waist to be told 'god u feel like you've shrunk' :)

I started the gym a week ago today and been working pretty hard in there im going to assume that its working already :) cos its spurred me on to keep it going!

X

Hello ladies, great stories - makes you feel so fab doesnt it!! :)

I re-joined my old gym with my Uncle when I started back at SW and met this hot buff guy in the sauna (I have a boyf but no harm in looking ay! ;) ) and we got nattering and then I didnt see him again until about three months later and 18lb lighter and he took a second glance at me in the gym and said 'Bloody hell you're shrinking! You look amazing!' I thought to myself 'Yep, I'm getting there!' Haha xxx :)

Oh and I've lost weight on my wrist, is this possible?? My watch falls down now and it never used to!! Mad hey!! :D

Two for me
my partner hugged me and said she could so easily fit her arms round me

I brought a size 16 pair of jeans ready as my 18 are staring to drop, and I could get them on and do them up properly there was a bit of overlap but should be the right size over the next month or even weeks! So cuffed as started at size 24 :)

My one for this week is that my eldest daughter finished at the preschool she's been going to for 2 years today and if it had been last year I would have been on the family sized dairy milk and crying all night. As it is I will be crying all night but eating melon instead!

Popped into work yesterday{on hols } and when walking down the corridor a friend shouted isnt your bum small!!!:D
she said you can really see the weight you've lost now your in your own clothes{,normally have on shapeless nurses uniform!}
It made my day:giggle:

Both hubby and I had a lovely NSV last night at WI just before we got on the scales! A customer of hubby (who he has not seen for some time) asked why we were both doing slimming world as we both looked slim last night!!! (by the way, 2lb off for me this week and OH lost 2.5lbs too - we are both delighted as we are "slow loosers"!)

Both hubby and I had a lovely NSV last night at WI just before we got on the scales! A customer of hubby (who he has not seen for some time) asked why we were both doing slimming world as we both looked slim last night!!! (by the way, 2lb off for me this week and OH lost 2.5lbs too - we are both delighted as we are "slow loosers"!)

i was told i was skinny by a new member yesterday!!

I love this thread it warms my heart :p
Okay so I'm annoyed I missed my 2 stone target by half a pound last night BUT today I am wearing one of my mums smart size 10 dresses (there's no way in hell I could be a size 10!?) and people have commented on how lovely I look.
On the other hand got to make sure I don't eat too much cos it's slightly tight on the tummy :rolleyes:

Just bought a pair of size 12 skinny jeans & they fit! Also I have gone down from a shoe size 6 to 5 and a half, also just bought a pair of killer heels from next also. If only I hadn't been messing around with my diet for the last couple of months I might've been buying size 10's :( I actually weigh 3 pound heavier now than I did at the beginning of June! Never mind on hols in 4 weeks so must get back on track & might even drop another half a stone or so before I go

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I love reading these nsvs, they are so inspiring for me to continue. My latest nsvs are - I've been on holiday last week and walked at leat 5 miles every day and loved all of them - even going up hill was fun! Also Bhs has a new range in now and I've bought 2 new dresses in a size 14, they're both fitted and really show my new curves. I have a waist!!!!

I fit into a size 16 jeans (from size 24) so 4 sizes down in trousers and 3 in tops :)

Back