NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I fit into a size 16 jeans (from size 24) so 4 sizes down in trousers and 3 in tops :)

That's fantastic- dropping a dress size will be a bigger achievment for me than seeing numbers change to a certain extent- I've always had it in my head I'd like to be a 10-12. Maybe one day...

Amazed

My best friend stayed over last night and I tried on her size 10 jeans... and they fit :eek:
Bit of a muffin top but... jesus christ, I've never even thought about trying on size 10s... I never dreamt in a million years they would actually fit!!! And after eating loads of pizza too! :p
This is a momentous occasion for me.

Started packing for my hols and was trying my summer shorts on, they are all massive. So phoned my best mate ( who's a size 12) and asked her if she had any I could borrow. Well she did and they fit, who'd have thought it :)

TrimTrixy said:
Started packing for my hols and was trying my summer shorts on, they are all massive. So phoned my best mate ( who's a size 12) and asked her if she had any I could borrow. Well she did and they fit, who'd have thought it :)

Hey nice one... I am packing too for Infest... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Ellebear said:
have fun missus!!! xxx

Ooo I shall, two naughtysadie weekends Omg... Never mind... I will be good in-between and afterwards... Thanks EB... xx

This is my favourite thread on the whole forums :D

Anyway, I've got a couple of wee NSVs to claim.

I picked up 3 pairs of never-worn size 16 trousers (all different makes) from a charity shop this weekend, in the thought I'd get into them next month as my current trousers get too big. I'm into them RIGHT NOW :D:D and that's down from a 22/24

Also, finally, someone at work noticed I've lost weight :D (it was beginning to get a bit ridiculous, right enough. 4st is quite a lot :p)

sleepytimesadie said:
Hey nice one... I am packing too for Infest... xx

Enjoy infest - I wanted to see even less bands than I did last year so haven't bothered. Looking forward to covenant in York in 3 weeks though.

A bit of a weird one this. Husband and I both drive our car and although he's taller than me, I've never had to adjust the drivers seat. Today though I drove it for the first time in about a month and I couldn't understand why I couldn't put my foot all the way down on the pedal. Then I realised, there's less padding on my arse so I need to be closer to the pedals. Yay!

Tiphareth said:
Enjoy infest - I wanted to see even less bands than I did last year so haven't bothered. Looking forward to covenant in York in 3 weeks though.

The line up for Resistantz looks good this year... We are only going because VNV are Kevs fave bands...

Fionat29 said:
A bit of a weird one this. Husband and I both drive our car and although he's taller than me, I've never had to adjust the drivers seat. Today though I drove it for the first time in about a month and I couldn't understand why I couldn't put my foot all the way down on the pedal. Then I realised, there's less padding on my arse so I need to be closer to the pedals. Yay!

Yay way to go you, lol

Trango said:
Yay way to go you, lol

Thanks Trango for your birthday wishes... Go for this week babe, on my behalf, will be good as I can be, but not expecting a loss for the next two wi... Infest this weekend, but will be back on track after... Lose some for me... xx

We had a takeaway curry last night as part of a planned "off plan" day. I had a small plateful with half a naan...enjoyed every mouthful and fully intended to go back for more. But miraculously by the time I'd gone into the kitchen for seconds I realised I was full and didn't need seconds! It's been a very long time since I've stopped myself eating seconds of something delicious and it felt amazing to be able to tell myself I could have more if I wanted (because I was deliberately off plan yesterday) but then deciding I didn't want it anyway.

I then had a mad couple of seconds where I thought, "I can't eat it tomorrow because I'm back on plan, so I should eat it tonight otherwise it's a waste." Luckily I saw the craziness in this line of thinking straight away and was more than happy to throw it in the bin and not consider it wasteful.

So I'm very pleased because I feel that SW is helping me get my natural portion control back, even when I'm treating myself.

SnowLeopard said:
We had a takeaway curry last night as part of a planned "off plan" day. I had a small plateful with half a naan...enjoyed every mouthful and fully intended to go back for more. But miraculously by the time I'd gone into the kitchen for seconds I realised I was full and didn't need seconds! It's been a very long time since I've stopped myself eating seconds of something delicious and it felt amazing to be able to tell myself I could have more if I wanted (because I was deliberately off plan yesterday) but then deciding I didn't want it anyway.

I then had a mad couple of seconds where I thought, "I can't eat it tomorrow because I'm back on plan, so I should eat it tonight otherwise it's a waste." Luckily I saw the craziness in this line of thinking straight away and was more than happy to throw it in the bin and not consider it wasteful.

So I'm very pleased because I feel that SW is helping me get my natural portion control back, even when I'm treating myself.

This is a great feeling :) me and the OH and a mutual friend went out for dinner to a pub a bit like spoons. I decided to have what I fancied, so had veggie burger, chips and onion rings. I didn't feel guilty, because I knew I'd be able to get straight back on it today. Before I would have done the "may as well blow it all week" thing until next Monday. But o fancied a treat, had it and am back on plan today.
We had to go to supermarket after dinner and i was close to getting a really high syn chocolate caramel dessert thing- but didn't. I'd had my treat already and that was enough.
Sounds silly maybe to other people. But it was a big deal for me :)

Yay cuddle, cuddle my little lad can now put his arms all the way round me... he is being trying for ages. My eldest managed it a couple of months ago but now has inches to spare...

I read somewhere that it is just as wasteful to eat when you are full as it is to throw it in the bin, and it's true. In fact it's more true because the waste that goes in your mouth lingers on your hips- once the binman comes, you don't see that waste ever again :p

I just feed naughty leftovers to the b/f :D

He's a skinny little git! We have always eaten the same but Im an elephant and he's a broomstick :(

Back