NSVs - Non Scale Victories

My friend took a photo of me the other day, after a particularly heavy night, where I had bad hair and no makeup on - but I liked it, because I could see how my face shape has changed. She told me 'you're petite you know' & I'm finally able to see that my natural frame (under all the wobble that's left to nuke) is actually really small, - it's really nice to even fleetingly see yourself as something other than big

I just bought a m and s top, a size 10. Omg how can I fit in a size ten.

I bought a mac style rain coat the other day in Penneys (Primark) in a size medium. 6 months ago the large would have been too small. This is epic lol

As of today I am overweight . Eighteen months ago my BMI was heading towards 60 now its under 30, I'm so happy.. now the final push to be classed as healthy!

You know, I was just looking up obesity on Wikipedia, and apparently I started off as "super obese" with a bmi of 46.1.

Now it seems I've dropped from "super obese", right into "morbidly obese".
This seems like cause to celebrate.. where's that cake?! hahaha j/k
Can't weight to get to overweight... see what I did there? lol

My brother (the loudest man on earth with no filter), asks me 'how much do you weigh?' as I'm struggling to find a way to tell him to shut up he goes on to say 'I just weighed myself on your scales and I'm 14 st 6', 'haha says I 'I beat you',
'Oh you can't weigh much more than me though Shirl, cos you've lost loads of weight'

He's a bloody diamond!

Ive just had a message on fb off someone I don't really know congratulating me on my weightloss and that I look amazing. Proper made me smile :)

I just ran race for life 5k in 34 minutes, walked once for one minute due to a stitch, I cant believe I did it and I could have kept running, thinking of looking for a 5 mile or a 10k to do in the summer. Last year I could have barely walked 5k, just shows anything is possibe

Wore a top today that I got 2 years ago and although I've been at target before its never fitted me (didn't used to exercise). Today it fitted me well, no visible rolls at all! Yippee!

katoof said:
I just ran race for life 5k in 34 minutes, walked once for one minute due to a stitch, I cant believe I did it and I could have kept running, thinking of looking for a 5 mile or a 10k to do in the summer. Last year I could have barely walked 5k, just shows anything is possibe

Fantastic!!

Wore size 10 jeans that were too tight a month ago when I bought them off ebay. This time last year I would have struggled to squeeze into a size 18 :) I don't remember ever being a size 10!

Two things - firstly, I am finally after a long period reached the 12 stone bracket, really, seriously shocked and believed I would never reached here :party0011:
Secondly, my feet were so fat after pregnency I really had problems finding shoes and was a wide 6, but now I can say I am not 'wide' anymore and have dropped to a size 5, still hate shoe shopping though but at least it is less agro when picking something plus more choice :)

Wore a top today that I got 2 years ago and although I've been at target before its never fitted me (didn't used to exercise). Today it fitted me well, no visible rolls at all! Yippee!

well done!!

its a great feeling isnt it, alt hough i have put back on this week [which wasnt a total shock and totally down to me] my size 14 trousers i wear for work are now v loose! and my size 14 hoody is loose too!!:D
also i have had a lot of positive comments at work, the cleaner calls me 'the incredible disappearing receptionist! lol!:D

bunnylovesalan said:
Two things - firstly, I am finally after a long period reached the 12 stone bracket, really, seriously shocked and believed I would never reached here :party0011:
Secondly, my feet were so fat after pregnency I really had problems finding shoes and was a wide 6, but now I can say I am not 'wide' anymore and have dropped to a size 5, still hate shoe shopping though but at least it is less agro when picking something plus more choice :)

Woohoo to you yummy mummy! Fantastic x

bunnylovesalan said:

I know.. It's impossible to find nice stilettos in a size 13.... :D

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

ColJack said:
I know.. It's impossible to find nice stilettos in a size 13.... :D

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

There is a goth/trans/fetish company called kinky boots where you can get some lovely larger size high heeled boots and shoes...

Throwing away half my wardrobe as the jeans and skirts were falling off me. Fitting into clothes I have not worn in years as they were too tight and finding out they are roomy ;-)

Back