NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Well, this is not a massive NSV but i havent worn a skirt or dress for years - my Mum used to say skirts made me "look like the back end of a bus....." (she isnt as horrible as that makes her sound) so i guess I have avoided them for years.

Anyway, in prep for my holiday in the summer I have bought a summer dress - slightly tight right now but wearable, but hopefully a lot more wearable by the time we come to July! I tried it on and actually thought "yeah, I could happily go outside in public in this......." Of course, there is no doubt that it would look a darn sight nicer if I was at least 4 sizes smaller, but to actually think I could be comfortable psychologically going out in a dress is a big thing for me.

Well, this is not a massive NSV but i havent worn a skirt or dress for years - my Mum used to say skirts made me "look like the back end of a bus....." (she isnt as horrible as that makes her sound) so i guess I have avoided them for years.

Anyway, in prep for my holiday in the summer I have bought a summer dress - slightly tight right now but wearable, but hopefully a lot more wearable by the time we come to July! I tried it on and actually thought "yeah, I could happily go outside in public in this......." Of course, there is no doubt that it would look a darn sight nicer if I was at least 4 sizes smaller, but to actually think I could be comfortable psychologically going out in a dress is a big thing for me.

Well done! That's fantastic, hope you enjoy your holiday, I know how it can ruin a holiday when you don't feel like you look good. My last hol I'd lost a stone and a half but still felt like I had to cover up like it was winter. Next time imma make sure I look awesome :p

Well, just survived a boring 2 hour meeting.......... sat with a plate of biscuits right under my nose and I didnt have a single one!!!!!

God those custard creams were calling me!

Didnt give in though which is a miracle for me!

Ok day before yesterday my sister popped over with lovely, gorgeous smelling, delicious looking chips and a battered sausage smothered in vinegar and ketchup. She offered me some but i declined and tucked into me crabstic salad haha.

Today my partner bought macd chips to go along with a burger in a bun from home. They couldn't finish half the chips and offered me some , but i declined and told em to chuck them away.
Today she popped over and had a homemade cupcake . It looked lovey but i have given it to my partner.

Will power was mine today !!!!

Think someone at work has it in for me....... yesterday saw another meeting with "afternoon Tea"!!!!!

Sat in front of large plates piled high with cream and jam scones, chocolate cake, lemon cake etc etc.

What did I eat???? The four strawberries that were the garnish on the scone plate! I was actually drooling by the end of the meeting and was glad to leave! Did feel good though to stick with that will power :happy096:

Think someone at work has it in for me....... yesterday saw another meeting with "afternoon Tea"!!!!!

Sat in front of large plates piled high with cream and jam scones, chocolate cake, lemon cake etc etc.

What did I eat???? The four strawberries that were the garnish on the scone plate! I was actually drooling by the end of the meeting and was glad to leave! Did feel good though to stick with that will power :happy096:

Congrats on resisting that!! You're a stronger woman than I am! Go you :D

Wow! Well done. X

Fantastic, well done :)

I would have so caved

After a busy day at work earlier i got to the train station walked into the station cafe and thought mmmm shall I treat myself to a latte or maybe a can of lager instead!
I think thought no, and grabbed 2 bottles of water instead :)
This is a good NSV for me and I've also saved syns now woo hoo :D

Last edited:
Back