NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I'm wearing a pair of small size 16s for the first time in about 2.5 years...even when I was a size 16, these particular jeans were uncomfortably tight :D plus, I was wearing size 22 jeans back in feb this year

S42.jpg
Som_June.jpg
Club10.jpg
FitBronze.jpg

Today I have gone into the 'healthy for your age' BMI zone :D and have knocked a whole 10 points off my BMI since I started in January. I kind of guessed I'd hit this mark today, so I bought myself some size 12 jeans yesterday and kept them for after this morning's weigh-in (at home!) and they do straight up without any breathing in or squirming around on the bed! Hurrah!

That's fantastic news CharlieMo! Congrats you should be so proud of yourself!

I posted this somewhere else but I saw a reflection of myself the other day and thought "not bad" :D

Today I've stepped out of the obese BMI for the first time in my life! Feels awesome :D have hit club 20 too!

I spent 4 days at a friend's student house this week where (during *week) I was tempted with Chinese, home made banana muffins, icecream smoothies and sweets galore- turned my nose up at the lot! I've hit my pre-holiday mini goal a week early too :eek:

I actually looked round me to see whose shadow was on the wall earlier, it was far to "skinny" to be mine, but there was no one else there, only me.

another 3 summer skirts and a top released from cupboard limbo! they've been there for 22 years .... (and they're LOOSE round the waist! if not the tum).

I only had one pair of shorts which are size 20 and massive on me. I thought it was wayyyyy too warm to wear jeans in this weather so I found a pair of my sisters shorts and their size 14 :O I'm still in shock that I could get them on because I can't actually ever remember being a size 14!!! They are a little on the tight side and they're linen so do have a bit of stretch but I'm beaming from ear to ear!!!!

I only had one pair of shorts which are size 20 and massive on me. I thought it was wayyyyy too warm to wear jeans in this weather so I found a pair of my sisters shorts and their size 14 :O I'm still in shock that I could get them on because I can't actually ever remember being a size 14!!! They are a little on the tight side and they're linen so do have a bit of stretch but I'm beaming from ear to ear!!!!

Well deserved :)

This is going to be TMI but anyway....first time in 7 years I have started my period naturally, my PCOS and weight stopped my periods and only time i got them in that 7 years was when I was put on the pill and suffered severe depression with it...been avoiding the pill ever since, lest to say i lost my monthlies again...this morning looks like they've restarted, and it can only be down to losing enough weight to trigger them back in as i'm on no meds of medical or herbal variety. Safe to say i'm a happy bunny this morning cos it means my dr won't try forcing me on the pill again!

Ok tmi over :p

This is going to be TMI but anyway....first time in 7 years I have started my period naturally, my PCOS and weight stopped my periods and only time i got them in that 7 years was when I was put on the pill and suffered severe depression with it...been avoiding the pill ever since, lest to say i lost my monthlies again...this morning looks like they've restarted, and it can only be down to losing enough weight to trigger them back in as i'm on no meds of medical or herbal variety. Safe to say i'm a happy bunny this morning cos it means my dr won't try forcing me on the pill again!

Ok tmi over :p

That is such great news, couldn't be happier for you :) I always complain about my time of the month (mainly cause mine are quite painful!) but this makes me realise that I need to put things into perspective.

That is such great news, couldn't be happier for you :) I always complain about my time of the month (mainly cause mine are quite painful!) but this makes me realise that I need to put things into perspective.

Give it a few months (providing they turn out to be regular) and i'll probably be cursing them haha

This probably doesn't seem like much to most of you guys, but bear in mind I'm still roughly 7st overweight (about the weight of an extra small woman) and you'll understand...I cracked out the Xbox and my Zumba fitness (dusted off all of them) and had a go for the first time since just after I bought it. The last time I played it, I managed one routine from the beginner class and thought my legs were going to fall off, so I had to stop. This time round, I managed 3 routines from the same class, and also did quite well at keeping in time with the instructor. I'm very pleased with myself and I reckon that if it hasn't been so hot (and the OH hadn't come spying and putting me off), I could probably have finished the 20 minute class without actually passing out :p

S42.jpg
Som_June.jpg
Club10.jpg
FitBronze.jpg

This probably doesn't seem like much to most of you guys, but bear in mind I'm still roughly 7st overweight (about the weight of an extra small woman) and you'll understand...I cracked out the Xbox and my Zumba fitness (dusted off all of them) and had a go for the first time since just after I bought it. The last time I played it, I managed one routine from the beginner class and thought my legs were going to fall off, so I had to stop. This time round, I managed 3 routines from the same class, and also did quite well at keeping in time with the instructor. I'm very pleased with myself and I reckon that if it hasn't been so hot (and the OH hadn't come spying and putting me off), I could probably have finished the 20 minute class without actually passing out :p

Huge improvement! Well done. You must be chuffed x

Its all a journey. Takes time but you'll get there x

I know, tbh, I needed the boost this evening that being able to do that amount of Zumba gave me because I've been flagging this last week or 3, had my first gain (and a pretty big one) since starting in January and I think it knocked me a bit, because it wasn't really deserved...clothes and scale victories are great, but nothing beats realising that you're getting (even slightly) fitter.

S42.jpg
Som_June.jpg
Club10.jpg
FitBronze.jpg

Back