NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Finally figured out how to cook rice without getting rice mush. It's only taken me about 20 years ?

Finally figured out how to cook rice without getting rice mush. It's only taken me about 20 years ?

Nice one! What's your secret??

Me too - boil in the bag basmati ;-)

That's the only stuff I've been capable of previously :p boiled the kettle, poured it over some ordinary rice in the sieve, then rinsed with cold water til it ran clear. Threw it in the rice cooker (but a pan would do the same) along with twice as much water and covered and boiled gently til there were "holes" visible, then dumped back in the sieve and rinsed again with boiling water. Seems a lot of hassle, but personally, it was enough of an achievement to have been worth it :p

I started my journey 11 weeks ago at a size 26-28. This week I comfortably got into a size 22 pair of jeans. I was able to buy clothes from "normal" shops and it felt bloody amazing!

Amazing ican2013! So quickly, too!

Put on my old jeans yest and pulled the baggy bit out like one of those losers on a weight loss picture- felt good haha! They used to be skin tight and now they are mega loose even at the thighs, but especially at the tum and bum! Have noticed my winter leggings are so loose at the front that I keep thinking I have them on backwards! Actually went to change them around the other day only to realise it was just where my tunmy had shrunk so much! :eek:

Thank you. It does feel amazing although hubby's bank balance is taking a hammering hehe. Well done xx

We had our bathroom done up last summer and despite me telling the people who fitted it "I want a wide bath or just keep this one as I love how big it is" they ripped it out and put a skinny one in! My hips were so squished in it and would make a dam of water :(

But yesterday instead of a shower I wanted a soak and was delighted to realise there was no dam! There was at least an inch of space either side of my hips and I fit perfectly in the bath rather than feeling squished :D amazing!

I have been the doctors today. My doctor was jumping up and down, clapping and cheering (yes really)...all my pcos symptoms have gone, i'm within overweight section of BMI (last time i went i wasn't), I no longer have to go for check ups and scans (unless my symptoms return or i'm trying for kids and struggling etc) and she no longer needs to try and force me to take the pill. YAY :D

Oh and I've had to buy new trousers for job interviews....my 14's have become to big...and to think i was a 16 in january haha

I have been the doctors today. My doctor was jumping up and down, clapping and cheering (yes really)...all my pcos symptoms have gone, i'm within overweight section of BMI (last time i went i wasn't), I no longer have to go for check ups and scans (unless my symptoms return or i'm trying for kids and struggling etc) and she no longer needs to try and force me to take the pill. YAY :D

Oh and I've had to buy new trousers for job interviews....my 14's have become to big...and to think i was a 16 in january haha

That's really gr8. Nothing beats being told u r healthy & going down a dress size !!! Kp it up x

Aww that's totally amazing pet x

While this is hardly an achievement after mainlining cake for the past week(!), I managed to avoid all the yummy looking cakes at the Macmillan coffee morning the 6th formers were running today. Before anyone starts thinking I'm an uncharitable moo, I did make a donation. It's the least I could do at the moment.

Ally that's amazing!!!
My PCOS was just starting up before Injoimed SW and it has defintely deminished too, but hadnt really thought of it as down to weight loss- most probably is!
So cool that your doctor was jumping up and down clapping LOL :D I hope mine does that! Hahaha

Back