NumNums no more Numb Bum diary...

Hiya,

I know how you feel about the men working long hours or being away. 18 months ago my BF was training with the Royal Marines. He was medically after 6 months but I only ever saw him for a few hours every other weekend. I HATED that. Now he works the same hours as me but i work 3 nights a week in a pub, so I feel like we are passing ships in the night sometimes. (having said that... I still want my girly TV night tonight lol we are having a meal first so it's ok!). I'm looking forward to my new job. the days will start earlier, but I'll be looking to get rid of the pub work ASAP.

at least you can get out for lots of walks with the kids, they must keep you sooooo busy.

NumNums said:
Mum gave me a size 10 pair of jeans today as this is my ultimate goal... I'm not sure I could get 1 thigh in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great incentive :) u will get in them if u keep going well done!!

I'm not very good with the water either. I fill a 1 litre bottle in the morning and keep that with me and try to glug away at it and then when that's done, refill it and I know I've then got my 2 litres in.

I can understand how hard it is having your OH away so much of the time, especially with 3 kids but I doubt he wants to either. I'm sure he'd much rather be at home with you and the sprogs but he knows that he needs to provide for his family and he's doing all he can to do that. I know that doesn't really make it any easier for you though, you just have to make the most of the time he is home I guess.

Have you got no carrier bags or something you could use for the walk?

Let us know how weigh in goes. Sometimes we just have a low week for no real reason, maybe that's what last week was. Good luck with it.

I'm up to 1000 calories for today, I had 300g's of veg with dinner and I'm absolutely stuffed. Not sure I can eat anything more today!

If that's all you're eating, that's why you'll be having small losses. I'm not sure if that was a one off or what you normally have. If it was a one off, ignore all that follows!

You need to be having at least 1200 a day to give your body enough to fuel itself, otherwise you're asking it to go, for example, 1200 miles on 1000 miles worth of fuel. You wouldn't expect a car to do it would you? When I was eating 900-1000 a day, because I got used to it and was full, I had smaller losses now that I'm up to 1200-1350 a day.

Oooooh catching up on diaries..... Exercise biker thingy looks good!! I'd love a decent one to play with at home but as I pay for the gym husband just throws my car keys at me when I start quoting prices at him!!!

Being home alone sucks. I know :( my other half works silly hours 6 days a week all summer...... It was really hard before I learnt to drive. There's only three years between the kids so I had them at ages 1,2,3 and was just stuck at home. Have you thought about taking a few driving lessons? It would totally change your life!!!

Last edited:
I would hun, but I'm pretty much blind in my right eye (no lens) and my left eye isn't the best it could be.

Caroline - I don't make a habit of it, nope. But there have been a few occasions in the last two weeks where my calories have been on the lower side for several reasons, not being hungry or not feeling very well. So maybe I need to just try and get it up over the 1200 a bit more.

Today is weigh in day. And I'm not in the best of moods because my left eye is getting blurrier and blurrier every morning I wake up and it's scary :(. I don't want to go completely blind, I'm scared I'll lose everything.

You're doing great, well done!

Thanks ladies :).

Well today I got up early before Stuart went to work and took Bella for a 45 minute walk. Did around 4500 steps with average speed of 4mph.

I was looking around eBay this morning and found a £300 exercise bike for £70. Plugs into the mains for heart rate monitor, the lot. Hopefully Mum is going to pick that up for me later so I can up my exercise!

Well done on your fab loss this week hun - I love how you have lost what James weighs, lol! Brilliant! :)

I text Stuart without thinking and it said 'I've lost James!' so he instantly rang to see what the hell was going on, I of course was in a panic because I thought he was hurt until he calmed down and we had a little laugh about it, lol.

Today hasn't been the healthiest of days in terms of fats/carbs but under calories. I didn't have the money I expected this week for food so I couldn't really get anything for myself. But one day out of a week for freezer food isn't too bad!

NumNums said:
4miles in 30minutes. Very sweaty! Will have to see how my knees are in the morning, hopefully not going to be hard on my arthritis!

I'm not sure but hopefully it'll be ok? Theres no impact on a bike so knees should be ok?

yay well done becca. Hopefully the bike will be easy on your knees as it's a smother motion than say running. Keep up hun :) xx

Well done hun 3lbs is very impressive to say you was worried about not having anything in for you to eat :) Keep up the good work n enjoy your bike :)

Back