Nurse gave me Xenical today

gregc

Hi

Just thought I would introduce myself, I'm Greg 35 years old and live in Doncaster with my Girlfriend and 7 year old daughter. I got Diagnosed Type 2 diabetic 2 years ago and I my weight was 140KG my weight is now 126KG and the nurse today prescribed me Xenical.

I took my first tablet tonight after having my dinner tonight at 8pm so far so good.

will be asking loads off questions on here and hopefully I will loose loads of weight

I have only guessed at my target weight by looking at what a good BMI would be for my height, am I being realistic???

Hi Greg, and welcome :)
You're definitely in the right place for finding all the support you'll need, and for getting all your questions answered, so ask away!!

As far as target weights go - there's no reason at all why you shouldn't get to whatever healthy BMI you set yourself :) My target is outside of the healthy BMI range (12.5 stone), but I've set it to that because it's the lowest weight I've been as an adult. Once I get there I'll have another think, but at this moment I can't imagine myself at 9, 10 or even 11 stone, so I don't really know whether I want to be any of those weights (if that makes any sense!)

Anyway, enough about me - have you been given much information about Xenical? If not, have a look at some of the sticky threads at the top of the page (info for new starters etc.) but the biggest thing to remember is to stick to foods that contain no more than 5g fat per 100g, and stay under 15g of fat for each meal (45g per day).

And most of all, keep posting. I find that it really does help me to stay on track.

Good luck with your weight loss journey :D

Hi Greg

I started this week too, I have had good results even in the first few days its a really exciting journey and it really does work, good luck to you and keep us posted

barmcake xx

Thanks for the support I have ben reading loads about the amount of fat you have to eat and think that is going to be the hardest thing to work out.

this is what I eat on a normal day

2 x serial bars for breakfast

lunch is salad with some meat and jacket potato for lunch

dinner is some meat jacket potato and some veg or salad

am i eating right or what do I need to change

Hi I just check that anything I eat is under the 5% fat rule. I think a lot of people follow rosemary conley which is low fat and low calorie. If it doesn't have a label I make sure it doesn't have any visible fat on etc

Back