Nurseberyl's Diary

A) Well done on the sticker and certificate
B) back away from the graze box, lol!!! xxx

Legomom said:
I'll probably get trashed for this but I really don't think forcing the issue resolves anything in the long run. The inner workings of kids minds are unfathomable!! It could be that she really really hates say broccoli and when she's been told 'eat your veg' it's kind of transferred the evilness of broccoli to ALL veg. Or it could be a control issue. My little god daughter actually LOVES fruit. I've seen her eat her own bodyweight in strawberries but if her mum puts it in front of her? She won't eat them!!! And her mum is an amazing mom!! Patient, involved, thoughtful. There's no way to know exactly why some kids have such a massive block when it comes to carrots lol
If she's that aware of the taste changes then she's probably a little bit hypersensitive (which a lot of kids are to different things!!) plain White foods are generally fairly bland and predictable which makes them a safe option for her. Thats why its sooooo common for 'fussy eaters' (i hate that term!!!) to be ok with things like bread mash rice chips etc.
Im a bit obsessive with the research into J's Aspergers lol but funnily enough the reasons behind the eating issues are often the same for AS v's neurotypical kids. just more extreme!!! (let us never speak of the 8 months of American hotdogs at every meal!!!! I still can't look at one!!!)
My little man will lick stuff then take a tiny microscopic nibble......then either retch or take another nibble. But the second he take a pea sized bit then it's game over. Too overwhelming.
We've had semi success with what we call tasting plates. So one day I'll get 8 kinds of ham and he'll try a bit of each. Or 5 different ways of eating banana ( fresh sliced, frozen on a stick, in a smoothie, chopped very little in custard, dried) etc. The idea is to keep exposing him to foods in lots of forms. So yes he may not like a fresh bite of banana but LOOK it's TOTALLY different if we do THIS or buy THAT brand etc. So far we've got him regularly eating fresh roasted chicken (but only from a whole chicken for some reason lol) cheesecake (in tiiiiiiiny amounts) roast sliced lean gammon, mozerella cheese, meatballs and fresh squishy cream.

You'll note the distinct LACK of veg on this list tho lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree with you. Aw thanks for these replies, I do now want a hotdog tho! Sounds like you are doing a great job.

I can see the way dd changes when she faces new food, it's anxiety. She is also very sensitive, she doesn't like being wrong, she shys away from new activities or games incase she loses ,she's got a low pain threshold. I hardly ever have to tell her off because she's so good, but if I slightly raise my voice she will be in tears! I could go on!

lindseydodd408 said:
A) Well done on the sticker and certificate
B) back away from the graze box, lol!!! xxx

Thanks hon. I'm going to do better next graze Tuesday promise!! X

really mad at myself, yesterday I ate like a proper pig, and hardly moved all day, so I weighed myself and Ive put on 3lbs!!! in one day, gutted!

tonight im off to the cinema and to nandos with the bf so am trying to be good today :/

really mad at myself, yesterday I ate like a proper pig, and hardly moved all day, so I weighed myself and Ive put on 3lbs!!! in one day, gutted!

tonight im off to the cinema and to nandos with the bf so am trying to be good today :/

Trust me the 3lb gain is not the damage done in one day!!!! Unless you ate 10500 calories yesterday!!!!?????

It is likely to be sodium, or water retention. Ignore what the scales said and drink plenty of water for the next couple of days and flush it all out of your system!! You'll see hun. :)

Yep the old ludicrously large water intake day after a foodathon trick really does work!!! All the nasty salt an sugar somehow make your body suck up water and retain it like a sponge!!! How the drinking of even more water makes this better I don't know BUT IT DOES!!!! Get chugging :)

I agree with the ladies above - one day wouldn't have done that damage that quick - so be an H2O Queen today and that way the Nandos will taste that much sweeter :)

What made you eat so badly anyway? Is everything OK?

NANDOS NANDOS NANDOS! I loveeeeee nandos! Omonmonmonmon :D

Hope you had a good time. And like Sam and Squeeze said, that 3lb gain won't all be true weight. Promise :)

Thanks guys. I chugged like a goodun! Nandos was soooooo amazing. It's my favourite place to eat and haven't been for ages. Saw bridesmaids at the cinema was good, and thought of squeezy! As it was about the maid of honour having loads of stress!

Thanks for replying everyone xx will catch up with diaries tomorrow am shattered!

Not sure why I ate so bad Sam, still a bit miserable and was so tired. I zonked all day only moved to take dd to and from school :/

Thanks guys. I chugged like a goodun! Nandos was soooooo amazing. It's my favourite place to eat and haven't been for ages. Saw bridesmaids at the cinema was good, and thought of squeezy! As it was about the maid of honour having loads of stress!

Thanks for replying everyone xx will catch up with diaries tomorrow am shattered!

Not sure why I ate so bad Sam, still a bit miserable and was so tired. I zonked all day only moved to take dd to and from school :/

LOL, thanks babe. I have been told to go see it. I might take the bride to be with me!!

Get some rest my love, hope you are feeling better toorrow. Lots of love :)

I never get to the cinema which is probably a good thing because I love all the snacks that comes with such a visit! Bridesmaids looks funny.

So tell me what do you all eat at Nandos because I need to know of places I can go chow down within reason.

Huggies to you and hope that you don't feel so miserable today after such a fun time yesterday.

Hey lady, are you feeling better today? x

I never get to the cinema which is probably a good thing because I love all the snacks that comes with such a visit! Bridesmaids looks funny.

So tell me what do you all eat at Nandos because I need to know of places I can go chow down within reason.

Huggies to you and hope that you don't feel so miserable today after such a fun time yesterday.

I am ok at the cinema as long as Ive had a feed beforehand!

What I used to eat at nandos was... a starter, double chicken fillet burger, coleslaw and chips with a portion of perinaise, followed by a huge piece of choc cake with cream(565 cals on the website!! - just for cake!) :eek::eek:

Now I eat either half or quarter chicken with salad (on a good day) which is quite low in cals! on a naughtier day I have a SINGLE fillet burger with chips, which was what I had yesterday, oh and a bit of chicken!

You're not miserable, you're just feeling mega crap right now. It is allowed you know. :D
And, we will all do our best to make you smile and feel a bit better about yourself :D

I keep threatening to go to nando's but the nearest one is miiiiiiiiiiiiiiles away!!!

Back