Nutty's LL diary

Wow Nutty, congratulations - and what an incentive to finish off
the job. A holiday in Mexico.
I hope 2011 will be a good year for you. Fab, fit and forty. xx

Happy New Year Nutty!
CONGRATULATIONS on losing 4 stone, it's an absolutely fantastic achievement!!! And you have so much to look forward to this year, Mexico sounds amazing!!
Good luck with your 8 week plan, you can do it :)
xxx

Wow nutty ive just read your diary from start to finish and you have done fab!! what an inspiration, i star tomorrow and hope i can do as well as you xx

Hi Jo,

Welcome to the ll site. Its been an incredible journey and the support on this site is fantastic. Its not easy but has been the best decision Ive made. Look forward to sharing your journey. Good luck. x

I've decided to call my next 8 weeks in development my 56 day challenge.

Day 1. starting tomorrow, Ive made my appointment for my program at the gym...the instructor looked terrified when I said I was on LL, but I reasurred her, I want to concentrate on toning - my hubby is coming with me for support :D:D and he is starting his own journey to a healthier life style.

Will catch up tomorrow, good luck everyone on your journeys. xxx

Good luck with your 56 days challenge Sam!
I have named mine a Phase 2! ;)
Let's Rock and Roll!!!

I am absolutely certain you'll be as slender as a wraithe when you slide into that airplane seat. I've just enjoyed reading your inspirational diary from lift off to the point where you're heading for a Cancun touch down. It's not just that plane, but you're clearly in LL for the long-haul from start to finish.

I've been soft pedalling (with a sort of LL / Atkins hybrid) for the last few months, but have just jumped back into the pool (and the powders) for phase 2 - hence my delight at finding this forum with a ready-made network of happy, supportive, inspirational LL victims. It's like the support I get Tuesday night at Fat Club but available on tap 24/7. What a find!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

the new year is not going as planned.....I was taken into hospital with severe back/shoulder/chest and abdominal pain with vomiting. Initially, they thought I had heart problems which happily is not the case. As the pain settled I was discharged. I was determined to continue my weight loss journey, unfortunately the severe abdominal pain came back, i saw a surgeon today and ultrasound scan confirmed cholecystitis and gallstones. The surgeon advised I wait for the inflammation to settle and then to remove my gallbladder in 6 weeks. In the mean time I have been advised to stop LL. :(:(
Ive contacted my lighterlife councellor and I am waiting her to contact me, I am hoping she will be able to advise and direct me with my food.
I will continue on the site and look forward to watching everyones journey.

Good luck everyone with your weight loss journey .
Nutty xx:tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop:

Oh no! What a nightmare! Are you ok? The pain is horrible - I have suspected gallstones too and it is agony when they flare up. Why have they advised you to stop LL? My GP was v happy for me to carry on until I have an abdominal ultrasound to confirm the stones diagnosis, because LL is a low fat diet. Mind you, sounds like my pains were nothing compared to yours. You poor thing. You have done so brilliantly and it must be hard to be forced to give up when you aren't ready to. Can you plan to come back again once you've recovered from the op? Really hope you're feeling a bit better. ((hugs))

I'm so sorry to hear those sad news Sam :(
I pray you will feel better soon though Hun.
Your health comes first so if that means coming off LL for now then so be it!
Please please look after yourself and keep us posted!
Lots of love..

So sorry Nutty, poor you. How painful and disappointing too.
I do hope things get back on track for you very soon.
I know you are a determined lady.
Good luck hun xx

Hi everyone,

Feeling alot better, I thought I would continue with my diary to keep myself focused for my final goal.
Im pleased that Ive only put 1lb .....now to get it off. I will need to follow a healthly diet plan. I spoke with my LLC who agreed I should stop the plan at this time. I do hope to return once my surgery has been done and i am recovered. She will kindly send me some meal plans to give me some guide lines. So off to do some shopping...its strange having to think about what i will need.
will keep my diary up to date.
I think i will most likely put some weight on initially ...but will try to stay focused and not stress too much about it. May follow another healthy eating plan not decided yet....

Nutty x

Last edited:
So my pain has finally stopped and Im returning to work tomorrow. Its been a difficult week in relation to food. New week new start, im booked in to the gym on tuesday, its nerve racking as i havent done any exercise yet. But 4 stone lighter and my asthma under control I want to get a routine so I have at least 6 weeks worth of training under my belt before surgery. My OH is gonna come with me for support. I know Im lucky to have his support, and for us to do something together. x

Good luck Nutty. Let us know how it goes. I'm sure being lighter must be helping your asthma.Are you looking forward to going back to work?xxx

Actually SB I am looking forward to going back to work. Just wondering what is waiting for me on my return !!!! However, feeling strong and focused and looking forward to the gym on tuesday, I really never thought I would be saying that. LOL.

:eek::eek:

Not been following LL for 3 - 4 weeks, overall weight gain 6.5 lbs.:eek::eek:

So need to get myself sorted until I can return to LL. Last wed, decided I needed to so something to keep me focused....so joined weight watchers to have some sort of focus and motivation, that is how I know how much Ive gained. :eek:

I love this site so much I would like to continue on this forum with my journey until I can rejoin LL. I hope this is ok with everyone, Ive got so much support from you all.Weigh ins will be wednesday.

Nutty x

Hun, you are always welcome here! We're family!
It's a great idea to join WW while you can't do LL. I don't know much about it but my best friend did SW and she was very succesful with it.
That 6.5lbs gain is probably due to your gycogen reserves being refilled and also water retention due to indroducing of carbs. I am pretty sure it's not fat hun!
Keep going and stay positive huni! I'm here if you need me :)

This is where you belong Nutty :D

Nutty, I echo what the others have said. There's always a place for you here! X

Thanks everyone for the support. Will continue to share my journey. x

Back