O/T Feeling so low...

MrsEdz

Silver Member
Am having no probs with SW, finding it easy and enjoyable.. but am struggling today my mother & OH don't get on and I get stuck in the middle and then today when I went to pick up DS from pre-school the teacher said he bit someone (and drew blood).:cry:

Apparently he was very upset and apologised but he's only just started there and I don't want him to be perceived as a problem or get grief from other parents.:(

Feel really low as don't know what to do.. terrified the other parents will treat me like a pariah.. it's really dented my confidence as which was really low to start with. If it's not bad enough I reversed into one of the other parent's car on weds, thankfully it wasn't her son DS bit!

Desperately trying not to get the packet of biscuits out the cupboard....:cry:

Don't worry too much about it, the first few months are always difficult and they have to adjust. I'm sure he won't be marked as a trouble maker and no one will be judging you at all x

Thanks Taz

I know I sound like I'm making a fuss over nothing.. I find it so hard with new people and didn't really want that kind of notoriety!

I'm sure it will blow over as you say.

MrsE x

You don't sound like you are making a fuss out of nothing, you are understandably worried but I think all will be ok

DS is such a sweet boy 98% of the time but when he gets frustrated he just blows :eek: ... I suppose it's because I'm not there and don't feel in control.. I also worry too much about what other people think..

Will see this as the ultimate test...haven't reached for the biscuits yet!

X

don't worry yourself hun, like Taz said it settling in period, my mum says when i started school i bit the teacher cos i didn't want to stay with her but i don't go round biting anyone now!!! and my mum wasn't thought of badly either
on a slightly different note
i am mum to three boys two with mild autism and the youngest is the worst of the lot he has been in trouble again today he f'ing and jeffing at everyone but they know he has problems and all the kids know about it and no-one thinks worse of him or of me!
he'll settle in
xxxxx

LEAVE THE BISCUITS IN THE CUPBOARD WHERE THEY BELONG
xxxxxx

as for OH and mum, all you can do there is try and stay neutral i know its not easy hun

you know where we are if you want to rant and rave

xxxx

Sorry you're having a bad time hun, but do not even look at that cupboard with the bikkies in! You sound like me, when youre feeling rubbish you just turn to food. With me thats all of the time!

STEP AWAY FROM THE CUPBOARD! IN THERE LIES MISERY!

Seriously babes, he'll settle into school soon, it's just such a big adjustment all round. Sorry you're having a bad week! Give me a call later if you wanna vent! xx

Thanks Flipflop.. it's so hard isn't it.. old habits die hard. Have resisted the old evils all week so, so far so good.

Great weight loss by the way!

Hello bex :wave_cry: Have you got a Mrs Edz post alert somewhere!!! :p

I know he should be fine but it's such a small school and the mothers all get in their gaggles at the gates... terrifying!!

Not going to tell E or he'll hit the roof so don't want to talk in front of him but might ring one soon when he's not around of that's ok.

XX

Hello bex :wave_cry: Have you got a Mrs Edz post alert somewhere!!! :p

Hehe, no, i just click on the new posts button and all threads appear!

I know he should be fine but it's such a small school and the mothers all get in their gaggles at the gates... terrifying!!

Try and join a gaggle! You'll feel much better!

Not going to tell E or he'll hit the roof so don't want to talk in front of him but might ring one soon when he's not around of that's ok.

Yea, absolutely fine, would be lovely to hear from you.

XX

Catch up soon. xx

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time, I remember how I used to hate the school gates, I remember my eldest kicked the teacher when he first started playschool because he did not want to stay. I would think they get others who bite, they start so young now and at the age that they do bite.

Thanks boysmum

It's ridiculous isn't is how stressful those gates can be! 'specially when you're child is new and everyone else seems to know each other..

He promised me, bless him, this morning that he wouldn't bite anyone else! I just don't want to run into the other boy's mother... :eek:

I'm sure the other boy mother wouldn't judge you harshly for it, kids do funny things when they are out of their comfort zone

well, all was fine this morning.. no-one harranged me as I took DS to school ! and I made a point of talking to the other mums with children in his class... so far so good.

feel better this morning. :)

Thanks all!

I feel totally compelled to comment here. You see, I was the one who was being talked about when I was younger. I was terrible, my poor mum. I swore, cut children's hair at the scissors table, stole crisps from the receptions children (when i was y1 and y2) and the list could go on... My mum was well known for being a really good mum despite me making it as difficult as possible. And now that I am a teacher myself,(now a goodie-2-shoes compared with my siblings....well almost) on the other side of the coin, I never judge. Who am I to judge? All teachers have their own stories - and the other parents too. I bet everyone was thinking in all innocence 'I'm glad that wasn't me'. Keep going honestly, it isn't as bad as you may think. AND STAY AWAY FROM THE CUPBOARD - THERE ARE SYN-FUL THINGS IN THERE!!!!!

(i keep a pack of morning coffee though, coz they are the biggest biscuit you can have for the smallest amount of syns - even if I eat 15 (whichI haven't managed yet in one sitting) I still have only reached my max for the day, not too much bother)

Thanks phishfood... I must admit when other DS is on the receiving end it is almost a relief as it shows he's not the only one! is that terrible?

His teacher was fab and wasn't fazed in the slightest. so, hopefully we can put it behind us and move on.

I'm going to force feed the biscuits in the cupboard to OH this evening!:D

Haven't wavered.. so that's good

MrsE x

Back