O/T Implanon ?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by amethyst, 18 October 2009 Social URL.

1. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Do any of you ladies have this?

I have had mine for just over 2 years now, and am really thinking of having it out, because of the irregular bleeding and pain after intercourse, and my bones are ever so achy especially my back, pelvis and hips.. Which is a side effect :(

What were/are your experiences ?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pinkyfluff

pinkyfluff Grappling with life

Diet:
    slimming world
    Had mine for about 2 years, but suffered much the same side effects as you. I ended up with the implanon and taking cerazette to try and stop bleeding after 8 weeks solid. I ended up having the implant out and stayed on cerazette.

xx

4. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Ah i am so glad i not alone then, is cerazette classed as the safe pill? I am sure this has been offered to me, what affects does this have ? I do anything to feel normal again! lol

5. The_Petal

The_Petal Full Member

I have only had mine for just only 2 months and so far so good for me. In fact I was only thinking this morning how its going really well. I don't seem to have any of the side effects you are talking about, but then its really early days. They said I had to wait 6 months to give it a chance. Hope you get it sorted one way or another x

6. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    I've had mine for about 15 months now. Occasional bleeding (approx every 3-4 months for a week or so. No other side effects or complaints at all about the whole thing.

When you ask is Cerazette is classed as the "safe pill", what do you mean? Nothing is 100% effective or safe, and everyone experiences different effects of contraceptive pills unfortunately.

Have you discussed this issue with your family planning clinic or GP?

7. pinkyfluff

pinkyfluff Grappling with life

Diet:
    slimming world
    They put me on cerazette as I was too overweight for femodene that I had previously been on. Side effect wise it difficult to say if they are all down to the pill, BUT I blame it for my skin now thinking its 14, I have breakouts along my jaw if I am not careful with what I use. And my sex drive is very very low.

Discuss all options with your family planning clinic.

xx

8. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've had implanon in for c16years & never had a problem, getting used to not having periods took a while, but I wouldn't try anything else now. Our family is complete but I wouldn't consider sterilisation as implanon for me works just fine. But we are all different & if it's not working for you try something else you'll not feel happy until you do.

9. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I bled constantly for about 10 months whilst had my implanon in. My dr just said it was settling in and i had to fight to get it removed, i could not have went any longer with the heavy constant bleeding xx

10. leannemarie28

leannemarie28 That mars bar aint love..

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    0st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    13st4lb(93.94%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Just had mine out!! she couldnt get it out so i have a massive bruise and scar :( but ah well i already feel better!! I think its great if you dont suffer the side effects...if you do its possibly one of the worst things to have! lol! xx

11. MrsDetermined

MrsDetermined Better drink that water!

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(9.55%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - w/o group
    Havent read all the replies but I hate mine cos I think it makes me moody. I hate the irregular periods but the thing I want to ask...

IS hip/pelvis/back pain really a side effect???? Im being monitored for my severe pain where I'm struggling to do much without pain - could it be the implanon?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.