o/t star week - a question for the girls

bettylollypop

soon to be skinny minnie
Grr my 'star week' is 8 weeks late!!! I am not pregnant (coz i done a test) but i do have a sort of crampy feeling every now and then. Can anyone help?? xx

What contraception do you use? I don't have proper periods as I have the minipill but I do get cramps and symptoms. Do you usually have a proper period?

Probably best to get a test done at the doctors I would say. xx

Hi girls, i'm 27. I was on the implant for just under a year. I got it removed and i was regular for a while, now i'm not. The dr said that i would just go back to normal when implant was removed. Not on anything at the moment x

go and have it checked out at the doctors please betty, then you will have reassurance, also it wouldn't hurt to do another pregnancy test, when did you do for first one? xx

I done the pregnancy test on either thurs or fri and it was neg. Come to think about it i have been rather stressed with studying for exams, but stress has never effected my cycle before.

Did you have periods on the implant? Sometimes it takes a while for things to go back to "normal" - if you are worried, go and see your doc or nurse, otherwise I would just wait and see if nature does take it course and AF arrives.

Did you have periods on the implant? Sometimes it takes a while for things to go back to "normal" - if you are worried, go and see your doc or nurse, otherwise I would just wait and see if nature does take it course and AF arrives.

I bled constantly for a year whilst on implant. I went to gp at the start and she said she wasn't taking it out as it was expensive to put in :mad: she said it would stay in for 3 years :eek:, but i bled for almost a year and felt terrible, lacking in iron and everything so eventually she said 'oh it can't be agreeing with you' (tell me something i didn't know) and took it out. i stopped bleeding instantly then 4 wks later had af as normal and again as normal 4wks later.

Bl***y doctors!!!

If missing one is against the norm then I would definately go back and see your doctor.

i screamed at my doctor when she suggested i leave it for another month it made me moody aggrassive overly emotional i had only had it in 5 week i shouted at her and then cried and she agreed to take it out straight away dint have the bleeding thing though but after it was talken out nmy hormones are still a mess and i now have a hairy chin lmao i'm not even kidding wasn't there before and now i get hairs and my sex drive went wild for a time too i think my body over compensated with testosterone who knows i am not good with the pill and stuff and she promised me it would be ok , twas not !!!

Hi girls, i'm 27. I was on the implant for just under a year. I got it removed and i was regular for a while, now i'm not. The dr said that i would just go back to normal when implant was removed. Not on anything at the moment x

Betty - I had the implant, when I had it removed my periods went back to normal then they started playing up after about a year, I am now quite irregular, back on again this week only 2 1/2 weeks after the last one, I am now retaining water every 3 months or so as well & in January I had a 3 1/2 week period, I have had LOADS of tests done at the docs and they have all come back as normal, doc has said it could be a hormone thing but to be honest I am getting fed up with it so am back to ask more questions of them on Friday

Thanks for your help ladies, i am going to go to the drs if they don't come within the next few days. Princessria, nothing agrees with me either, i have tried every pill around and i thought the implant would suit me. Little did i know!! Grrr

Betty - I had the implant, when I had it removed my periods went back to normal then they started playing up after about a year, I am now quite irregular, back on again this week only 2 1/2 weeks after the last one, I am now retaining water every 3 months or so as well & in January I had a 3 1/2 week period, I have had LOADS of tests done at the docs and they have all come back as normal, doc has said it could be a hormone thing but to be honest I am getting fed up with it so am back to ask more questions of them on Friday

Grrr that implant!!!! My dr told me it was fab and would be ideal for me and that everything would go back to normal, it just shows that everyone is different and they should say that it might f*** you up and make you irregular!!

I also meant to say, i don't know if it is just coincidence but my cousin in law had the implant, then got it removed and ended up with ovarian cysts, she was in agony with them x

the nurse that consulted me said that it was a tiny amount of hormones she is a lying cow because if i get any hairier i am gonna have to go live under a bridge!!! i'm going to get the coil fitted end of the month see if that helps

By the implant do you mean the coil type or the implant in your arm? Have you tried the mirena coil? No periods at all!!

It is the implant in your arm i had. Is that coil the one that also lets out a hormone, my gp mentioned something like that??? To be honest i was thinking about giving my body a rest from all these contraceptives coz i've been on pills , implant etc since about 11 years ago. Think i need a wee rest from it all. xx

my sister had the hormone coil and she is like us betty that also made her mental she is getting it taken out it was even worse because she thought she was ok !!! that is when your hormones are really bad when you think your being rational lol

I also meant to say, i don't know if it is just coincidence but my cousin in law had the implant, then got it removed and ended up with ovarian cysts, she was in agony with them x

Hmmm that's interesting because before I had the implant I only used to get 'normal' period pain, since I have been off it & my periods have started going doolally the period pain is agony, I was doubled over on Friday & couldn't straighten up because of it

Back