O/T UPDATE ON THE PHONE NUMBER!

niknaks

Silver Member
08080000144?

I have been getting them for a few days now and i never answer them. It has been bothering me so i googled the number and some people say that this number is linked with Vodafone(i'm on O2) and some say its a scam as they have been asking them to hand over personal details.

I don't really know what to do other than ignore the calls buts its 4 times everyday. Is there anyone else getting these calls?

i've had calls like this before, not from this number but from similar companies why try to upgrade your phone etc.

I kept missing the calls but eventually answered one and told them, in no uncertain terms, not to call again!!

grrrrr... these calls are so annoying.I get them 4/5 times a day and at weekends....
Wot I used to do was hang up..but now when it is costing them I have a ''STUPID'' conversation with them LOL
I tell them I have a cat and that I love cats , ask them if they have cats and answer their questions with a Cat related answer .. they really get annoyed -you can tell in their voice.
And would you believe I have just had another on....went onto SNOZWANGLER site- and they told me it was kitchen direct and another call was from the listening company - who and how do they get our numbers ----I just wanna scream BUGGER OFF !!!!

Reactions: Taz
you can block calls from unwanted numbers, i cant remember how you do it, but im sure if you google it you'll find out how x

You cqan register with the telephone preference society (think it's called) TPS. Google it and it will come up. I used to get sales calls all the time and since I registered some time ago they've all stopped.

hey everyone,

i have had this alot recently but have to quickly tell you about my best friends sister.. a company called her about 2 weeks ago about conservatories.. she had 5 calls in the same day and as she has a young baby, was getting angry so she invited them around for a free quote... and they did... but not realising that she was 3 floors up in a flat hahahaha love it...

i love the 'I love cats' call i will have to do that one and start meoowing lol.. oh the joys of phones xx

I usually ask them to hold a moment then put the phone, still connected, down on the sofa then go and do other things - go to the toilet, make a coffee, make dinner - then come back to the phone and say "I'm not interested, don't phone me again!"

grrrrr... these calls are so annoying.I get them 4/5 times a day and at weekends....
Wot I used to do was hang up..but now when it is costing them I have a ''STUPID'' conversation with them LOL
I tell them I have a cat and that I love cats , ask them if they have cats and answer their questions with a Cat related answer .. they really get annoyed -you can tell in their voice.
And would you believe I have just had another on....went onto SNOZWANGLER site- and they told me it was kitchen direct and another call was from the listening company - who and how do they get our numbers ----I just wanna scream BUGGER OFF !!!!

haha i'm gonna have the cat conversation lmao but i might exchange cats for jam or something equally ridiculous ooh thats funny.

haha what good ideas. If i have the girls around when they next call in think i'll do something like the cat coversation- think id feel a lil silly if i was on my own lol. But im going to do what Taz said- ask to hold a minute and do other things. HAHA. x

hi

How about this one re annoying calls

We started getting calls , well three rings then they would hang up!!!. The calls were normally anytime between midnight and 04:30am this went on for two months , not every day but no real pattern. We went to BT they set up a call intercept for a month the calls persisted.... OMG it was getting really annoying!!!!! BT then conducted an investigation which concluded that they had no records who was making the calls.... so they offered a telephone number change. We decided to take the offer, nd while waiting for it to work we still got calls AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Then we got a call from an engineer three days later who told us that our number was found on a line testing computer which test calls over night, but isn't supposed to actually ring the number. The number was on a continuous loop. And guess what ????? The bloody thing was owned by BT. They paid,,,,, they sure did!!!!

Phil X

hi

How about this one re annoying calls

We started getting calls , well three rings then they would hang up!!!. The calls were normally anytime between midnight and 04:30am this went on for two months , not every day but no real pattern. We went to BT they set up a call intercept for a month the calls persisted.... OMG it was getting really annoying!!!!! BT then conducted an investigation which concluded that they had no records who was making the calls.... so they offered a telephone number change. We decided to take the offer, nd while waiting for it to work we still got calls AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Then we got a call from an engineer three days later who told us that our number was found on a line testing computer which test calls over night, but isn't supposed to actually ring the number. The number was on a continuous loop. And guess what ????? The bloody thing was owned by BT. They paid,,,,, they sure did!!!!

Phil X

ooooh thats well annoying. Blimmin idiots!

You can check who has called you on this website

http://whocallsme.com

I find it useful. I would recommend the TPS, if you are on your mobile though you can add the number to your phone book as pest and then go into your settings on your phone and block the number x

UPDATE

I have done some more research i i do believe that this is a scam. I also used ikkles advice and typed it into that website and this is what ive found out...

This 'company' if we can call them that is a company which phone up mobile phone numbers explaining that they work for vodafones upgrade department. They ask you to confirm your name-if they call you DON'T GIVE ANY DETAILS including this!

I personally am not a customer to this company so its quite worrying how they managed to get my number in the first place.

So this thread how now turned into advice. If you get a call from these phonies - DON'T FALL FOR IT :) xx

The really annoying ones are the companies who ring up about 10 numbers at once in the hope someone answers so if you pick up the chances are you get nothing there.

My mum is getting several calls a day just now and theres never any one there, shes called back the nos to find out who it is and they range from Double Glazing, the Halifax and British Gas

Shes registered with the TPS and theyve been as much use as a chocolate tea pot :mad:

If you are registered with the TPS and know the name of the company that call you and even better have the phone number, you have to say to them you are registered and ask them not to call you again and if they do you can report them and they can get a fine of up to £4000. I have actually done this to some that phoned me and they have not phoned back :)

Back