Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Last phase, week three, day three

A very successful day food wise so far, only 21 points consumed with 11 to go from my dailies if I have them. As I have overindulged a little this weekend I will see how I feel later before I have anything else.

Didn't go for a walk in the end as I had too much to do at home and still have loads to do! Where does the time go?! I am intending to cycle 4 days next week anyway, weather allowing so one day of rest won't hurt.

Big weekend next week as it's my second wedding anniversary ( to my 2nd hubby) and mothers day. We are going out for a meal on Saturday evening so i will need my weekly points for then. I'm trying to find a nice meal I can cook on Sunday when my parents are coming for dinner. Thinking fresh fruit pavlova for dessert but can't make my mind up for a main course! Whatever I do, that can be within my points as I am in control of the meal! I might just do a roast, we shall see...suggestions welcome!

Thinking about buying the biggest loser challenge for the wii, for when I can't do my exercise cos of the weather. I must get my multi gym out again soon too....before it gathers too much dust!

Grand prix was a good start to the season, shame Button got a drive through, he could have been on the podium!

Right, off to do some crafting for my mums 75th birthday. Happy Sunday everyone!

Gem

Last phase, week three, day four
Training day 1

A VERY good day today....can you see my halo shining?!

Have come in spot on points, cycled 11 miles and reduced my walking time around the lake to 31 minutes! I feel great today (ok legs are protesting a bit)

Hubby tried to tempt me again with fish and chips tonight but I had already prepared a quorn spaghetti bolognese so we had that and enjoyed it. Don't get me wrong my hubby is soooo supportive, I would not have come this far without his unwavering love and acceptance of me. I just think we've fallen into a bad habit. I say I'm tired, so he says ok, don't cook, let's get a takeaway. It's his way of being supportive but I'm feeling very strong at the moment so hopefully if I say no enough times we will break out of it.

Work was quite relaxed today despite the usual contentious conversations and frustrations. The exercise definitely helps with this and I'm far more relaxed when I cycle.

Observation of the day: my cycle jacket is getting loose and I have to be careful not to catch it on my bike saddle when dismount!
Observation 2: when walking around the park today I lengthened my stride and my waist felt different somehow....lighter and freer...weird but a great feeling!

Thank you Rose for your fantastic support. My second hubby will be my last too...i chose a lot better the second time around :0) seems I am learning to make better choices in all areas :0)

Gem

Great news on your cycling jacket yay!!! Little things like that make all the difference, you'll soon need to invest in a smaller one :)

Well done on another good day :D I know exactly what you mean about walking and feeling the difference around the middle etc, i do too, that's why I was so devastated this morning :confused: but tomorrow is a brand new day, and I'm sitting on the wagon, seat belt on (just! :eek:) and I'm raring to take week 6 on!

Have a good week and a extra special anniversary :)

Last phase, week three, day five
Training day two

Another successful day, cycled, walked and food within points. I hope it translates to a loss on Friday!

Working from a different office tomorrow so will walk to work even if it's raining.

Observation of the day: have to keep putting bio oil on my neck as it is getting scraggy!

Gem

HI Gemsaic

I looked up your thread to ask cycling questions and wow what a journey to read and such motivation. Fantastic wieght loss, im a firm beliver of it doesnt matter how long, the main thing is its downwards.

I was nodding so many times reading through.
The cycling, the Karma, the stodgy Belly, The food preperation ( i call it my map to stop me getting lost), Getting stuck for food while out.

You seem to know your innerself very well. I always feel thats half the battle

You ride 33 miles a week!thats amazing. I too am a rider for loss, and love now.
I dont do the miles you do, im keeping a viguale on my thighs.

How have you found the muscle building in your legs?
Im concerned that i will end up with huge muscles. I ride with no gears so its a bit of a work out but I love it and realy dont want to change it. Does the seperation of wieght and muscle happen well or do I stand the risk of my wide thighs just becoming muscle:eek:

How is your Cardio?
Im concerned as my cardio is not as id hoped after 7 weeks in:confused:. ( ive always had a bike and used on and off so not a total new comer)

I have been stranded in a pub starving and looking for some relief the best i found wa pickled eggs. not sure the point system im going it alone like Rose and Maisie.

Quiet jealouse of all you lovely ladies having Wedding aniversaries. Id love one...but dont want the wedding lol :rolleyes:

have a lovely time and Good luck for this week:)

Hi LFM!

Why thank you kindly! and a very warm welcome to my thread! It does feel like a marathon but its so worth it! My life has changed so dramatically, I wonder what I will feel
Ike when I've shed another 80lbs! I do know myself quite well now...I did a lot of soul searching when my first marriage broke apart and I definitely think keeping a diary helps with this.

Stress is my worst enemy, I can gain stones very quickly and I do as much as I can to keep this down to a dull roar as much as possible.

I love my bike...best thing I ever did, buying it, it does have 21 gears. I'm trying to up my mileage up to cycling every day but work tends to get in my way (see my update in a mo) which upsets my routines.

I have found the muscle build fine at the moment but I still have a healthy layer of fat so it's difficult to tell! My calves are pretty muscular but I'm not complaining, I shall look at doing more yoga and pilates when I'm further down to elongate the muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat but it takes up less space and I'm about two clothes sizes smaller now on the way down than I was when i gained the weight on the way up! I took a weight loss break over the winter quite successfully. When I get fed up with counting points or calories I just try and maintain my weight for a while..as this is a life lesson in itself! This works quite well although as soon as I feel a difference in my clothes and I'm gaining weight I try and get back in the right frame of mind! I also switch diet plan which keeps it fresh.

I wish you great success in your journey and I will pop over to your thread when I get a chance to get to know you better :0)

Gem

Stress is my worst enemy, I can gain stones very quickly and I do as much as I can to keep this down to a dull roar as much as possible.

This is my bigget problem, and I have left people behind me because of it.

I self destruct at a very quick rate.

I had some trousers with a dress makers once for length adjustment. I went back 3 weeks later nsisted i didnt need to try them on but she insisted i did. The button was 4 inches apart. Even she said in shock "how on earth did you put on that wieght so quickly!" i wasnt amuzed but i know exactly what you mean.:sigh:

Last phase, week three, day six
Training day three

Hmmm where do I start?! I was at my local office today so walked in the rain to work...then my boss asked me to return to the main office which I either need to cycle or drive to...so I walked home in the rain and thought sod it! I'm gonna drive to work as it was wet and the ultimate enemy of the cyclist...windy!
Popped into town for a break and to get a certain hubby a card for the weekend ( find it hard to get away from him at the weekends!) and then went to work. Pretty stressy afternoon and by the time I got home the planned evening meal would have taken over an hour to cook ( because I thought I would have left work earlier as I was in a local office) so we decided on a takeaway and for me to take a break.

I firmly stated I wanted a chicken shish kebab...the least damaging IMHO and I've come in on points again! Woohoo!

So on reflection today, although it hasn't been the best of days I have dealt with the unexpected work issues and stress pretty well!

Why is it that when I get stressed I eat? Everyone else seems to veer away from food.....me? I grab everything in sight! still, at least I am recognising it more now I suppose!

I am hating all the office politics going on at the moment...and all the uncertainty about working in local government. We are being hit from all sides at the moment and i know I should be really grateful for still having my job when so many don't but the work is piling up and it's not easy for the people who are left. We are still under the threat of redundancies next year and it feels everything is being taken away...our pensions,our car park, our sick pay and anything else you can think of! sorry, must need to vent a little...glad there's only two days to go and I'm looking forward to my leave at the end of April!

Observation of the day : I'm am starting to feel like Simon Cowell! My work trousers come up to my bra line when I sit down! I have felt decidedly skinny today!

Gem

Hiya

I feel I am about to fall asleep on top of the keyboard :eek:, but I just wanted to post a reply to you :)

firstly, well done on dealing with a stressful day and still making a sensible decision on food choices, you deserved that takeaway, so well done again. Mmmm chicken shish kebab, now there's a thought, but one I can't have...I live on an island...no kebab shops here!!!! hee hee...but there is a very tempting chinese restaurant in one of the hotels!!!!

You just vent off as much as you want, you've needed to onload and we are all here to listen :)

Sensible not to cycle in such bad weather, when you had other options.

Lastly, how I giggled at the simon cowell moment :D

Hope tomorrow is better for you workwise and just keep thinking of your lovely anniversary celebrations :)

RainbowRose said:
Hiya

I feel I am about to fall asleep on top of the keyboard :eek:, but I just wanted to post a reply to you :)

firstly, well done on dealing with a stressful day and still making a sensible decision on food choices, you deserved that takeaway, so well done again. Mmmm chicken shish kebab, now there's a thought, but one I can't have...I live on an island...no kebab shops here!!!! hee hee...but there is a very tempting chinese restaurant in one of the hotels!!!!

You just vent off as much as you want, you've needed to onload and we are all here to listen :)

Sensible not to cycle in such bad weather, when you had other options.

Lastly, how I giggled at the simon cowell moment :D

Hope tomorrow is better for you workwise and just keep thinking of your lovely anniversary celebrations :)

Oh Rose, don't worry about the tiredness, my body does that to me sometimes. I think it's the decrease in calories coupled with the extra work we are asking it to do....it does pass and then you get What I call "tigger" moments ( I am having one this morning) where you just have sooo much energy you don't know what to do with yourself!

Thank you for your support I think I'm suffering a bit from what they call survivors guilt, I've seen so many good colleagues have to leave that I almost feel guilty about being allowed to stay but by gawd the pressure has been terrific over the winter....on the bright side that a morning brings though I haven't gained a mass of weight through it which is what I would normally do! Things will hopefully get better soon.

One thing I have learned is you can't predict the weather! And as most of my exercise routine is outside it sometimes gets very annoying! However sensible is my middle name and now I need to develop some inside exercise for the days I can't do the cycling. I have a wii fit which is good but I think I need something extra now so will buy a DVD soon.

My trousers really are getting ridiculous...someone suggested I get braces but I have a pair of size 20's hanging in my wardrobe which I might try on this morning! When I started I was a size 32! Gulp!

Keep smiling, hope you don't ache too much this morning!
Gem x

I had the same problem with my wedding dress! I had one made in dark purple velvet with a fully boned corset in the bodice for support....I practised with my mum and my sister getting this blooming thing on and it was ok but when the big day arrived we took over an hour to squeeze me into it! It made me late for the wedding and one of the front fasteners came undone in the car. I was terrified all through the ceremony that it would fly undone and there would be me topless in front of about 50 guests! It's quite funny looking back but when I look at my pictures of me walking up the aisle I look like a rabbit caught in headlights! Everyone thought I was terrified of saying I do....but I know different ;0)

Seriously I store water in my body to a very high level, if I eat salty or fatty foods I balloon up very quickly. I had severe pre eclampsia having my son ...he was born 9 weeks early and I was close to extinction so I'm told! I gained 1 stone in weight in 24 hours...the nurses just couldn't believe t as they were monitoring my food intake at the time ( I was hospitalised at 24 weeks) so, hence, no more babies!

My worst weight gain was at a very low point in my life and I gained 5 stone over about 6 months of comfort eating....that's when I got to my largest. I felt dreadful inside and out and I have vowed never to let myself go like that again.

As I've got older and perhaps wiser? I have learned that I am my own worst enemy. I was an " all or nothing" kinda girl and VERY hard on myself. I still am so hubby says but I do believe firmly that life is all about balance. You can apply it to most areas of life. There needs to be yin with yang. So if I now have a "bad" day I recognise it for what it is...know I will feel better in a couple of days and then try and face why I felt like that...what triggered it. It does help when you are in a similar situation the next time.

Sorry started rambling there......

Happy Thursday!
Gem

Final phase, week three, day 7
Training day 4

Omg! Tigger is back in the building! Awake at 5.30 wide awake and raring to go! Even thought about cleaning my oven! But quickly shook off that idea for lying in bed with my iPad and cruising minimins! ;0)

I am so wanting to jump on the scales this morning but I'm very strict with myself about this nowadays. ONLY on a Friday morning so I will just have to keep my excitement inside for another 24 hours. Now I know I'm setting myself up here for a huge disappointment if I don't loose much or gawd forbid sts or put on! but I feel so SKINNY! I don't like the scales dictating my mood so I'm going to try and calm tigger down during the day just in case! Eeyore will need to give him a good talking to! ( yes I have eeyore moments too! )

Working locally again today but have a four hour training course on advanced excel in the middle of it!

Have a great thursday peeps!

Gem

Have a wonderful day :)

Sorry to hear you had such a dreadful time before your son was born, how frightening for you. I too comfort ate, ate when stressed, ate when sad, ate when happy etc etc etc :sigh:

Good advice you've given me there. I'll look forward to my tigger moment too, when I stop yawning!!! Got to get some energy, not been on the bike yet!

Still got to organise getting a wee bag packed for the weekend too, a woman's work is never done blah blah blah :D

RainbowRose said:
Have a wonderful day :)

Sorry to hear you had such a dreadful time before your son was born, how frightening for you. I too comfort ate, ate when stressed, ate when sad, ate when happy etc etc etc :sigh:

I think at the time I just got with it cos you have to...it was the following 7 years with no sleep that really did me in! Even now he rises between 5am and 6 am every day. He didn't sleep through the night until he was 7!

Good advice you've given me there. I'll look forward to my tigger moment too, when I stop yawning!!! Got to get some energy, not been on the bike yet!

you will love it!
Still got to organise getting a wee bag packed for the weekend too, a woman's work is never done blah blah blah :D

I do hope you have a wonderful time Rose x

Trousers, Jeans and the Pilsbury Doughboy

Okay so my size 22 Evans black work trousers make me look like Simon Cowell...great! Methinks I shall try on my size 20's....but oh no! These are magi fit ones. I can get them on ok, just don't ask me to move or breathe for any length of time! However I found a pair of grey magi fit trousers in a 22 and they were just right!

(rant) why oh why cant we have a standard size fitting? And why can't they make larger sizes with a bit more room around the tummy where most larger ladies are large but so they taper and still look good? I either have to have my stomach squeezed in so tight the flab rolls over the top but the legs and bum look great...OR I have them comfortable round the tummy and the material flaps round my arse and thighs like a sail! ....and don't get me started on jeans! I have tried on so many pairs I've lost count! I have a m&s top in a size 20 which looks pretty baggy on me now and another one, same size, that I can't even get over my chest! ( rant over)

I think mayhap I am just a very strange shape because I do so much exercise. My legs are chunky but well defined and then there's this huge lump of dough just hanging down at the front which is just so in the way! My waist is two sizes smaller than my stomach hang.....it is reducing very slowly and is starting to lift but then i have to be careful not to look pregnant! I swear if liposuction didn't look so painful and expensive I would seriously consider it!

Sorry, probably TMI! I guess it's from years of abusing my body. I do worry I will be left with this deflated sagging balloon at the end of it all though!

Anyway had an ok day, walked to the local office and back and then took the car to the other office this afternoon. It was too windy again to cycle but looks much more promising tomorrow and I only have to work in the one office which will be a bonus! food was good and cos I was wearing tighter trousers I wasn't as hungry....anyone else find this?

Observation of the day: had to park my car at the top of the multi storey today and on finishing work I walked up the stairs and at the top I was breathing a little heavier but I wasn't red and didn't need time to catch my breathe.....I'm definitely getting fitter!

Have a lovely evening folks ...weigh in tomorrow!

Gem x

Hiya Gem
I had the pleasure of meeting a lady that lost 5 and half stone and had a belly tuck and you would never of known but she paid £5000 and had it done here in the UK and She was such an inspiration for me.

The belly problem worry is my biggest worry, im lucky never to of gone past a 22, but my belly has grown quicklly since my hysterectomy last year. I also got the upper roll under the chest area which i never had before.

Im hoping by acting now i am oing to reduce the risk of it not springing back into place.

Trouser wise, large mens are so much better fitted for us. I was never without a long shirt or jumper way down past my bum. So as the tops were never seen no one ever knew the difference. I even had compliments as to how nice some looked lol

The closest to fit me for cost wise in womens, are black work trousers in Asda Polyester but nice and cheap at £6.

I think the tighter trousers reminds us not to eat lol, if i get bigger ones i just gow into them!

Welldone on the car park steps, the back of your legs will not thank you tomorrow thou :eek:

What was your wiegh day Gem?:)

Drum roll please.............1.8 lbs off! That's 6 stone across the phases, and 9 lbs in the final phase. I was a bit disappointed to be honest when I got on the scales but looking at those stats 9 lbs in three weeks is pretty darn good! And I have under 100 lbs to loose at 98 lbs! Gawd that feels good!
AND it's Friday!
Have a great one peeps!
Gem x

Back