Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

Morning Gem
I know it all gets us on a tad of a downer, but thats pennies up to what youve lost.

Hope you have a not to stressful week i do take my hat of to people in full time work or children/ parteners, Im out of work and single and i still struggle for time and organisation. It Takes strong person to juggle it all.

Good luck XX

Hello...boy what a week! Attack of cystitis , massive work pressure and the heat. But I haven't done too badly I don't think. I've kept up with the water and exercise and my eating has been okay , just a couple of small hiccups so I'm hoping for a good result but I haven't been recording anything so time will tell....good thing about he hot weather is I want to drink water and not eat!

Off to the beach tomorrow....by bike of course!

Hope peeps are having a good week!

Gem x

poor you with the cystitis...i used to suffer with it several times a month and ended up having to have tests in hospital on my kidneys and bladder. no reason for it though! seem to of grown out of that though thank god! but my top tip is dont drink any thing with caffiene in it when you are suffering! just makes it worse!

have fun at the beach!

Noddynoobs said:
poor you with the cystitis...i used to suffer with it several times a month and ended up having to have tests in hospital on my kidneys and bladder. no reason for it though! seem to of grown out of that though thank god! but my top tip is dont drink any thing with caffiene in it when you are suffering! just makes it worse!

have fun at the beach!

Thanks Noddy....this is my first ever attack....came out of the blue and it is definitely not lack of water, I drink it until I slosh most days! It's only mild , more annoying than painful. Sorry to hear you had such a bad time with it, guess I'm pretty lucky!
Gem x

Noddynoobs said:
have just looked at your stats...are you really only 4 foot 4?!

Noooooo does it say that?...I'm 5 ft 2 and a dog end ....I'll have to log in through the pc and change that lol ( I use the app mostly)

Gem x

Very therapeutic day ...decided against he beach as it was very windy here this morning and a little overcast. A colleague from work came over to raid my 4 sacks of clothes that are too big for me. She took away one sackful and I then went I to town and gave the rest to charity.

I have been eyeing up a dress in Monsoon for the past two weeks and I finally took the plunge and tried it on today...the extra large was too big!!! OMG! I splashed out and bought the large....I was so happy, one of my goals was to be able to wear Monsoon, I've always loved the colours and styles....and now I can! Woohoo! I proudly paraded my MONSOON bag up and down the high street with a beaming smile!

My son came with us into town and bumped into some of his friends...apparently even the teenagers said I looked a lot slimmer! Wow! And I thought they never noticed anything lol any way he stayed with his friends and I was desperate for a drink so we went and had lunch at a Chinese all you can eat on Poole quay...I had two small plates of food and no room for dessert....then we walked the long way round the harbour and through the park back to town.

I also purchased the biggest loser wii challenge game at last. I set up my profile and they recommend I start at the moderate level which I was quite chuffed with. I'm obviously a lot fitter than when I started training a year ago! This will give me another focus at home as all my exercise is really linked to work nowadays! I need to increase now and hopefully this will spur me on again.

I can honestly look in the mirror and not hate what I see...my face is now much more defined, with cheek bones and chin starting to peek through. I feel much more comfortable in myself, able to go to town in simple jeans and a vest top and not feel like everyone is staring at me.

It's a nice chilled feeling I want to hold on to, happy weekend peeps
Gem x

it feels amazing when you buy new smaller clothes! you will have to get hubby to take you out for a nice posh treat so you can show everybody how fab you look!

Hi Gem

you are sounding so positive, i am motivated by you! Must be great to see the cheekbones again, I used to have high cheekbones, so i'm hoping they are still there under the flab!

Oooh so jealous, jeans and a vest top, that is definately one of my goals, well done you * whistle* :D

You are doing so well and are enjoying the benefits of self control, a true inspiration to others.

Sorry to hear you've been unwell, hope everything is getting better for you now. I noticed your 4ft 4 a few weeks ago, and was going to ask if it was an error, but then thought, my daughter is only 4ft 9, so it was a possibility you were a little cutie too!!! My daughter is small and slim, (doesn't take after her mother!!!!)

anyway, lovely to see you back as active as ever and doing everything to achieve your dream...massive well done again :)

RainbowRose said:
Hi Gem

you are sounding so positive, i am motivated by you! Must be great to see the cheekbones again, I used to have high cheekbones, so i'm hoping they are still there under the flab!

Oooh so jealous, jeans and a vest top, that is definately one of my goals, well done you * whistle* :D

You are doing so well and are enjoying the benefits of self control, a true inspiration to others.

Sorry to hear you've been unwell, hope everything is getting better for you now. I noticed your 4ft 4 a few weeks ago, and was going to ask if it was an error, but then thought, my daughter is only 4ft 9, so it was a possibility you were a little cutie too!!! My daughter is small and slim, (doesn't take after her mother!!!!)

anyway, lovely to see you back as active as ever and doing everything to achieve your dream...massive well done again :)

Thanks Rose

And you motivate me my dear, you are far more disciplined than I am!
Something Bob said on the biggest loser game was "there is no finish line" ...now that really struck a chord. This is forever. I can't go back to my old ways...ever! It's actually made me more chilled as I don't have a finish line or timescale anymore...this is just the way I live now and forever...and believe it or not I'm actually having fun doing it! The weight loss now is more of a side effect!
Good luck for tomorrow but I'm sure you will do well
Gem x

Thanks Gem...and what wise words! I'll remember that, there is no finishing line, this is my lifestyle change for my new lifestyle!

Sometimes it just needs a sensible head to point out the obvious, and you huni, have a very sensible head on sensible shoulders :D I love the way you look at life Gem!

Not long back from 'the sunday walk' hope i've shed a few ounces out there :rolleyes:

Good luck for tomorrow, tickety tock.
:flirt2:

Well a pretty good day...food wise think I am under calorie target ( after a quick mental tally up )and I've been drinking water and I did a 30 mins workout on the biggest loser. I was sweating profusely and according to the game I burned 268 cals according to the game.

Hubby is doing the loser challenge too to loose his last stone. He's looking rather lush! ;0)

I've brushed my teeth as I'm in a munch mood but I don't want to eat late tonight!

Hope everyone has good results this week

See you tomorrow!
Gem x

Bit disappointing 0.2 lbs on which is just a cough and a sneeze I know but I really believe it's my body playing tricks on me as I have only had two treats this week! Hubby lost over 2 lbs and I've eaten the same as him without the biscuits at work so I know it's a water retention blip.
Still, I will log everything this week and hope for a much better result next week!
I also know this fat has been on my body for over 20 years I haven't been this low, so this bit will be a bit of a hurdle...but hopefully if I step up the exercise with the biggest loser game it might nudge me downwards again.
Off to work and I'll catch all your results later
Gem x

Hi Gem...its off!!!! and that is what matters :)..and next week, there will be more OFF, so chin up, big smile...and take on the coming week with that determination you show to us all!

Have a good evening :)

RainbowRose said:
Hi Gem...its off!!!! and that is what matters :)..and next week, there will be more OFF, so chin up, big smile...and take on the coming week with that determination you show to us all!

Have a good evening :)

It was on! Lol but no worries, to be honest, under so much pressure at work I will be happy to sts for the next few weeks...I have always gained in the past when I'm stressed so this will be a big test.

Gem x

Hey Gem as you say if you manage through what would be a normal stress time where you would put on but you STS, then thats an achievement in itself. Mind you i think the fact we all are making an effort change is a huge one to ;)

Life is so much more fun now, not knowing whats round the corner, what next year is bringing. IN the past ikne full well, depression anxiety, and all the crap food that came with it. Now theres less restrictions than when we thought we were doing what we wanted.

Keep it up hun, each paving slab is a step closer XX

Thanks LFM

Feeling a lot more positive this morning. Decided just out of curiosity to weigh myself every morning this week. Id like to see how food affects me and how I fluctuate through the week...then back to weekly weigh in.

Going to record everything, sorry if i bore people!

Weight : 1.4 lbs off

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix and semi skimmed milk 500 ml water
Snack: banana and herbal tea plus 500 ml water
Lunch : ham and salad wrap, yoghurt, apple, melon 500 ml water
Snack: tesco chewy bar 500ml water
Dinner: smoked cobbler risotto 500 ml water
Evening: 500 ml water, cup of tea

Exercise: 20 minute brisk walk ( working locally today)
30 minutes on biggest loser game

That's my plan for today. I find if I plan everything in the morning that helps to keep me on track when I'm under pressure. I will log in later with total calorie count in and out

Its a lovely sunny morning here....Have a lovely day peeps!
Gem x

I think this lifestyle change is playing havoc with my brain :D I read it as ON, and knew it was ON, but still typed it as OFF......my mind is frazzled somedays, or maybe its my bad eyesight :flirt2: :)

Anyway, i still wish you the best for this week Gem, have a good one!

Rx

Gemsaic said:
Thanks LFM

Feeling a lot more positive this morning. Decided just out of curiosity to weigh myself every morning this week. Id like to see how food affects me and how I fluctuate through the week...then back to weekly weigh in.

Going to record everything, sorry if i bore people!

Weight : 1.4 lbs off

Breakfast: 2 x weetabix and semi skimmed milk 500 ml water
Snack: banana and herbal tea plus 500 ml water
Lunch : ham and salad wrap, yoghurt, apple, melon 500 ml water
Snack: tesco chewy bar 500ml water
Dinner: smoked cobbler risotto 500 ml water
Evening: 500 ml water, cup of tea

Exercise: 20 minute brisk walk ( working locally today)
30 minutes on biggest loser game

That's my plan for today. I find if I plan everything in the morning that helps to keep me on track when I'm under pressure. I will log in later with total calorie count in and out

Its a lovely sunny morning here....Have a lovely day peeps!
Gem x

Well stuck to plan ( so far!) ....extras do include 1 humbug, 3 opal fruits and another 500 ml water!

I have eaten just under 1400 cals and earned 300 in exercise.
A good day methinks!
Gem x

Back