Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

RainbowRose said:
Doing well Gem :)...i'm strangely looking forward to Monday too to start 'properly' keep at it girl, you know we are all going to do it THIS year :) Love your avator, pretty woman * cue for a song!*

LFM, i played about with the idea for a new thread this year, I can understand all the reasons mentally for starting afresh with gusto :)..but i also feel safe in my wee book :) hee hee....so for the time being, i'll keep plodding on and on and on ;)..in 'its GOT to go!' ;)

have a good but fun filled day ladies :)

I feel the same Rose, mentally I'm starting afresh but I quite like keeping my thread going, I must reread some of the early stuff soon.....sorry went off a bit on your thread a minute ago but the conversation there suddenly sparked something in me and I can feel the old passion for this arising again.

Looking forward to Monday x

It's been a hell of a week work wise, was in tears on Thursday through general frustration and pressure. BUT I'm very pleased to say I've stayed off the sugar ( despite still being around it all day) and all the rubbish has gone from the house...yay!
Had a migraine thursday, very bad pain and thoughts and mouth not coherent ...it's quite frightening when it gets that bad. It's made me rethink my work situation. I don't want to be under this pressure, and to be fair, I'm not too bad most of the time, but this episode showed me I must be " close to the edge" if the tears came at work.
It's not good. Now my financial pressure has eased at home I might look to taking on a less pressured admin job. I only £500 a year more than someone in a fairly easy admin role so what am I doing all this for?!
Job satisfaction is one thing but uni has focused my thoughts around what gives me satisfaction and it's certainly not churning out relentless adverts!
Methinks a change might happen this year!

Food wise, I couldn't believe myself yesterday...I had a planned day off to stay in for some deliveries. The rubbish had all gone from the house and I didn't crave anything. I ate sensibly when I was hungry. Even when hubby wanted to go out and get some " nibbles" I suggested we did the weekly food shop instead..at 8 pm in the evening ( was planning on going early this morning) ..and I really didn't want anything sweet. I opted for some prawn crackers ..which by the time I got home I was tired ( still suffering aftershocks from the migraine) and they are still in the cupboard!

It just goes to prove to me what sugar does to my body. I don't need to cut out all carbs just the artificial sugars and sweet stuff and my body breathes a sigh of relief...then my appetite goes down and I find loosing weight easy. Simple really. Stay off sugar Gem!

I have been watching the new series of the biggest loser UK to watch their progress with interest ( although i do feel isolating yourself and going to the gym several times a day is not a realistic lifestyle!) and, along with my own and that of my lovely mates on here, i KNOW I CAN do this.

My plan in order of importance!
1. Stay off crappy sugar!
2. Drink plenty of water
3. Walk as often as possible ( min 5 times a week) and add more exercise when joints and energy allow
4. Read this forum daily and post at least 3 times a week
5. Weigh my food and record it with my exercise

Have a lovely weekend peeps! X

Soory to hear work got to you Gem, easing the pressure on yourself is the way to go though :) perhaps another admin job, even with a little less pay, may come your way!
How's the migraine now hun? I don't suffer from them but i've heard from others just how awful they can be.
I like your plan and thoughts Gem, you are going to succeed this year with all that determination and sensible thinking behind you all the way.
Feel free to rant on my thread anytime you want :) Its for us all to discuss, agree, disagree and laugh on :)
Have a good weekend!

RainbowRose said:
Soory to hear work got to you Gem, easing the pressure on yourself is the way to go though :) perhaps another admin job, even with a little less pay, may come your way!
How's the migraine now hun? I don't suffer from them but i've heard from others just how awful they can be.
I like your plan and thoughts Gem, you are going to succeed this year with all that determination and sensible thinking behind you all the way.
Feel free to rant on my thread anytime you want :) Its for us all to discuss, agree, disagree and laugh on :)
Have a good weekend!

I am in a great position to look for something else RR, I advertise all the jobs ! I'm better today but still a little " muzzy" . I'm glad you don't suffer with them Rose, they are truly horrible! I identified a couple years ago I can't eat cadburys chocolate...it's a major trigger. I think I might try convincing my self that all sugar is a trigger so it helps me stay away!

Thanks for your unwavering support as ever Rose x

Aw Gem mate hope your doing better, Migraines are not much fun and party poopers to boot :(

Artificial stuff definately in the bin, Additives in the bin.

Im back to the basics, if it lived or grew from the ground i will eat it.
At home Cupa soup and crackers is about the farthiest i am with eating processed at the mo....and natural yougurt. that will soon be in place when i eat out too.

I love the idea of eating something that the earth has given birth too, those items make me feel like superman.

Fully belive its because if we look at the break down of everything the universe offers we are made up from all of it.

Regarding work load Gem , My friend last year was sat at home with paper work for nights on end.....rediculouse amounts.

Once she analysed her wages she was £60 a month better off than some one the next stage down with none.

She took the job thinking it was a ladder step but that was not fruitfull so she volunteered a step down and is so much happier.

Ive found so much perspective from when i was ill, my mind is my being and I must look after it, no matter what that means, as without it there is no me... and when im ill i miss me so deeply.

Hope things are better for you now. Hugs XX Catch you tomorrow XX

Im pleased onto announce a loss of 1.4 lbs.... and I have still been overeating portion size...and that's just doing the first 4 points of my plan which im going to repeat just to drum it into me.

1. Stay away from artifical sugar - two slips on Saturday
2. Drink water - increased but can improve
3. Walk 5 times min a week - done
4. Read daily and Post in forum min 3 times a week - done
5. weighing and recording - starts today and that, for me, is the crux of LOOSING weight. So onwards and downwards my friends x

lookingforme said:
Aw Gem mate hope your doing better, Migraines are not much fun and party poopers to boot :( ... No horrible horrible!

Artificial stuff definately in the bin, Additives in the bin. ...yey!

Im back to the basics, if it lived or grew from the ground i will eat it.
At home Cupa soup and crackers is about the farthiest i am with eating processed at the mo....and natural yougurt. that will soon be in place when i eat out too...excellent!

I love the idea of eating something that the earth has given birth too, those items make me feel like superman...lol now I have an image!

Fully belive its because if we look at the break down of everything the universe offers we are made up from all of it...totally agree with you!

Regarding work load Gem , My friend last year was sat at home with paper work for nights on end.....rediculouse amounts.

Once she analysed her wages she was £60 a month better off than some one the next stage down with none.

She took the job thinking it was a ladder step but that was not fruitfull so she volunteered a step down and is so much happier..thats encouraging LFM , it's definately something I will consider although I'm thinking of going back to teaching as well which will really give me some satisfaction!

Ive found so much perspective from when i was ill, my mind is my being and I must look after it, no matter what that means, as without it there is no me... and when im ill i miss me so deeply...relate to that one honey! X

Hope things are better for you now. ..yes feeling a little nervous about going in this morning bt I'm hoping it will be a lot better this week!

X

Welldone Gem great start hun it all adds up and as you say not even full motion yet.

Tears at work...ive gien up so many jobs through it never realisedthen i had ME.

Ifound it too embarrasing, and i was never treated great anyway Gem end of line jobs as everyone else left them. No respect awfull manager who used to blw smoke in my face...after the ban!!

I feel you are one tough cookie thou Gem and what you do im surprised your brain doesnt explode!

I found the food control quiet empowering overall and i stood prouder, so will be looking forward to that buzz too.

Catch you soon xx

Thanks guys...yesterday went very well and work, although still frustrating as hell, was over by 4 pm so I had a relaxing evening and feel a lot brighter today.
Through my studies I'm learning about reflective learning and I realised that's what I've been doing naturally over the last few years with my weight. Cycles of inquiry.....
I try a new approach, take from it what works for me, and now i have my own plan.

It's helping psychologically as the first step is the thing I have to focus on, staying away from sugar...but that is something that once I've got through the first few days , we all know the cravings just magically reduce or even disappear!

Drinking water is something I've learned to do and nothing else quenches my thirst. I only drink tea apart from that and now don't use sugar there so it's guilt free and a pleasure after a hard day at work.

I love walking and exercise so once step 1 and 2 are in place this comes naturally and i increase it as i can

step 4, posting in here is always a pleasure and I want to make more time for it! It helps to share the highs and lows even if no one reads it :0)

I am putting in another step ...planning and shopping for meals once a week. This works for me and when I don't do a shopping list now I feel quite adrift and very wrong...so that's now an ingrained habit.

My final step is weighing and measuring. This is the bit I don't like..it's laborious and annoying but I can only loose weight if I do it. However my feeling is , if I can do steps 1-5 naturally...the last step, if I'm really busy and just can't find the time I will not beat myself up about....!

So that's Gems six step plan......anyone else have there own in this way?

What a fantastic plan Gem and a wonderful attitude to everything :)

all makes perfect sense and in your frame of mind, it can only lead to success :)
I seem to have just made up my steps along the way, healthy eating (forget the festive season!!!) activity, walking, exercise bike and zumba, and state of mind, with countless reminders why i need and want to lose the weight....i've recently added imagining how i'll feel and how i'll look another 7 stone lighter, that spurs me on..and not forgetting the massive support and friendship i receive from this forum, that is what truly keeps me going, if i was doing it all alone, i would certainly have given up before now, and yesterdays weigh in would normally have me throwing in the towel *any excuse etc* ;)

so keep that positive thinking gem, its what will carry you straight through to the finishing line :)

Afternoon Gem and Rose

Gem i rekon these posts get read, by many. There are people out there that dont have the confidence to join or post and i like to think they do read and follow and get a spur of enouragement from here. Its what i did a week before i joined up.

Theres alot of people out there that dont want to do diet plans and they will be in our catagory.

So anyone reading this come say hello its the best move we all made honestly.
Theres no judgements, no back stabbing, no indifference because we are all here for the same result. Xx

Your plan Gem i think is great and they all feed and ease each other as you go.

I vision an old fashioned round about with its cheese sections and it goes round and around and thats the process as long as we keep that turning we will get results.

The measuring scares me plenty! my legs inner thighs have got huge and wobbbly so even though i need to measure im not sure the result would be helpfull to my state of mind right now so may do it next Monday....kind of intrograting a step at a time ( my spelling and mind processing when on this rubbish food has got so bad?).

You got the right idea Gem and id like to be in here more and think i may well be from now. Facebooks gone and any other linked net sites, PC usage makes me very ill, ive always known it and sadly its the way of the world even in relationships but now its gone :)
Hope today goes well Xx

Hi girls..just popped into to report another good day. Despite my colleagues best attempts with warm beautiful smelling pastries under my nose and cream cakes all day I abstained without too much trouble and myfitnesspal says if I do every day what I did today I will be 15.5 stone in only 5 weeks! Now there's a goal...the smallest I've been in just 5 weeks.....liking that!
I've also got some goals to hit now....feb 11th we go to Exeter for a uni day school...march 16 th we have a posh wedding in castle....and June we are going to the theatre....all little things to look forward to and I will be looking at dresses in monsoon for The wedding so if I could be under 15 stone by then I would be over the moon!
Keep going ladies....:0)

Oh Monsoon...move out the way people, quality chick coming through lol

IM liking your fitnesspal where can i get on lol.

Welldone on the resisting bad foods, think of it this way, you have a secret.

Your blood will be cleaner and richer than anyone esle sat in the office and why thier hips are expanding yours are deflating.

No one knows it better than us that the sizes we have seen, can appear over a few months but take your eye off the ball and it seems like overnight!

Let them eat them all hun, and do you a favour ;)

XX

lookingforme said:
Oh Monsoon...move out the way people, quality chick coming through lol

IM liking your fitnesspal where can i get on lol.

Welldone on the resisting bad foods, think of it this way, you have a secret.

Your blood will be cleaner and richer than anyone esle sat in the office and why thier hips are expanding yours are deflating.

No one knows it better than us that the sizes we have seen, can appear over a few months but take your eye off the ball and it seems like overnight!

Let them eat them all hun, and do you a favour ;)

XX

Lol LFM , like your thinking! Myfitnesspal is a free website and app which records your food and exercise....I'm loving it on the iPad....very easy to use! X

Morning Gem
Have a lovely day, will have a peep at the fitness pal, im moving away from gadgets thou so will see how i can merge it in with opping in here.xx

Good day again yesterday in more ways than one....96% pass on my last open uni assignment....yay!
My immediate reaction was m...we'll have a takeaway tonight to celebrate....but I kept myself in check and had the planned chilli con carne instead.

The old tigger is back, head is finally feeling clearer and I've more energy today. Already done my planned hour of study this morning , made lunch, got dinner out of the freezer ( salmon tonight) and had breakfast....and it's just gone 7 am!

I'm having lunch out with a friend tomorrow so planning a light dinner of soup to compensate and I will choose wisely o happy with that and something to look forward to.

Have a great day peeps x

96%!! welldone you!! flipin heck thats 4 away from a full house!!!

What ever your doing your wasted at it hun, science needs yooouu. lol

Your so organised i don know how you do it, my firend is exactly like you , by 8am when se leaves for work shes wahed and hung her nets, or done the iorning for a week?? i dont know how she does it but she went to a strict catholic school ( is there any other) and i'm sure they make robots in them. :)

see you tomorrow hopefully (umm thats today) and have a lovely meal out xx

Back