Observations, mutterings and the gerbera effect

good morning Gem :)

hey, forget what the scales say today, they won't be hitting that number for long..AND it is still lighter than what MY scales tell me this morning! hee hee

Ooh new car, congrats! :) i told you a couple of weeks ago, i learned to drive in a nissan micra..loved it and have fond memories of my first driving experience! How exciting and what a great deal on your old car :) woohooo!

Glad you enjoyed the wedding, i love weddings! did the sun shine on the bride?

Aww. pity your son forgot mothers day..but it doesn't take only one day in the year to remember and love your mother, i am sure he appreciates you every day..and can give you a card and a wee pressie today?...boys/men???..what are they like eh? ;)

Hope work isn't too manic for you and you still manage a good day x

HIya Gem
Youve had a lot to contend with recently and ive just had a thought, wy not go for the 1 to 2lb results.
The 4s are nice but im sure sometimes the body snatches that back at any chance it gets.
I have always based my loss on a 1 and 1/4 loss a week being an acceptance as a normal result.
Sometimes i didnt even ge that but im hoping now that will return. i know its alot less but it can add up in a month, rather than we go down then up.

May be not push yourself so hard, we will get to the end of this journey were we can just maintain

If its next year then so be it.
We can stroll there and still catch the long life train as it comes into the station.
ere just catching the later train :D:D:D XXX

RainbowRose said:
good morning Gem :)

hey, forget what the scales say today, they won't be hitting that number for long..AND it is still lighter than what MY scales tell me this morning! hee hee

Ooh new car, congrats! :) i told you a couple of weeks ago, i learned to drive in a nissan micra..loved it and have fond memories of my first driving experience! How exciting and what a great deal on your old car :) woohooo!

Glad you enjoyed the wedding, i love weddings! did the sun shine on the bride?

Aww. pity your son forgot mothers day..but it doesn't take only one day in the year to remember and love your mother, i am sure he appreciates you every day..and can give you a card and a wee pressie today?...boys/men???..what are they like eh? ;)

Hope work isn't too manic for you and you still manage a good day x

Hi Rose

Once I got over the shock of making the decision to buy a new car I am loving the thought. We have to go back and finalise all the paperwork this afternoon and then we pick her up Tuesday after work. :0) I have already named her BB ( short for blue bug).

It was very cold at the wedding but it was dry at least and once we'd got out of the 12 th century castle into the main house it warmed up :0)

I've already forgotten the mothers day fiasco, wouldn't hold it against him and hubby was angry on my behalf enough for both of us...he had got me something just forgot to give it, so. Said give it to your girlfriend...the meaning had gone for me I'm afraid.

lookingforme said:
HIya Gem
Youve had a lot to contend with recently and ive just had a thought, wy not go for the 1 to 2lb results.
The 4s are nice but im sure sometimes the body snatches that back at any chance it gets.
I have always based my loss on a 1 and 1/4 loss a week being an acceptance as a normal result.
Sometimes i didnt even ge that but im hoping now that will return. i know its alot less but it can add up in a month, rather than we go down then up.

May be not push yourself so hard, we will get to the end of this journey were we can just maintain

If its next year then so be it.
We can stroll there and still catch the long life train as it comes into the station.
ere just catching the later train :D:D:D XXX

Thanks LFM, life has been a bit of a whirlwind recently. I get what you are saying about the weight loss aims but I do set my loss at 1 lb a week....I just seem to loose more when I'm doing it properly. If I think I haven't been too bad I seem to gain...I just can't strike a balance at the moment. Part of my blood tests are checking for diabetes and thyroid issues. I guess I find out next week what the score is and maybe that's playing on my mind.

Hubby wants to do as you suggested with the consultant but I'm not so sure...we shall see what doc says on Friday and then make a decision. X

Hi guys

It's been a strange week. I have not been on plan, just can't wrap my head around it all again...grrrr! In fact, yesterday I was completely off the rails, sweets, crisps, chocolate and ice cream and takeaway! That's my old eating habits and I don't like them one bit! I don't think I've eaten that badly for at least two years! I know its got to stop and I don't like myself very much at the moment.

I know doc stuff is playing on mind and I have been utterly exhausted every evening after work this week. Every time I try and walk a bit more the pain comes in my hips and knees and I don't want to permanently damage my joints by over doing it so where do I go from here? The lack of exercise triggers me to eat more...it's a vicious cycle and one I desperately want to step away from but every time I try I get pain :0(

Maybe I should try and see the food plan separately from the exercise. They have been integral for so long now one offsets the other. If I break it down and just concentrate on what I'm eating it might help, after all people do loose weight without exercise... It just feels wrong somehow.

I have found a tai chi class near to home and intend to start the week after Easter. Perhaps something new will spur me on? I need to find a new incentive....when I was loosing well I had a bracelet with beads and every time I lost 7 lbs I bought myself a new bead. I need something like that again methinks....ideas welcome!

It's going to be a beautiful weekend and although I have my final uni assignment to draft hubby and I intend to go for a stroll somewhere nice. Enjoy whatever you are doing girls x

Good morning my lovely Gem :)

sorry to hear you are struggling hun, its the pits isn't it? i've been there many times over the years and even on this 'lifestyle change :rolleyes:' too!

I think you've hit the nail on the head though..separate the eating and the exercise for the time being anyway. You are obviously in a lot of pain and that must be so uncomfortable, the last thing you will feel like is cycling etc, but a wee stroll with hubby is a great idea, don't over do it.

here i go again :rolleyes:..years and years ago on one of my many 'diets' i didn't exercise at all!!!!..apart from walking to and from work 5 days a week (approx 20 mins each way) and walking a fair bit while in work too...and out dancing on a saturday night! No bikes, gyms, torture machines etc etc!!! hee hee..just walking..that combined with healthy choices..and a few drinkies on a saturday night..hence the dancing!!! :D..all helped me lose over 5 stone hun :)

So you had a wee mini blow out. all that deprivation just caught up with you, you are not likely to do that every day lovey and your mind has got to be in the right mind set, so who can blame you, not ME!..for falling off track while so much is occupying your mind right now..there is no room for all this sensible eating malarkey in your mind at the moment..but there will be again hun x

Hope you get your results soon and the news is good Gem, take care and keep us informed! x

Sorry to hear where you are right now hun
Its the darkest time isnt it....whats good to know is its not staying.
Ive been reading your lifes posts for almost a year and its one thing you are is a manager of your positions.

Ok this one at this time is playing up but anything would with the worry you have and the fear of not beable to control it through no fault of your own but the pain in the joints.

Just had a brain wave, there are exercise groups that go round t people unable to move alot and they do armchair and subtle movements. maybe look at those on youtube and find one a bit more up beat it will keep your joints moved but gently.
Also will help you know ou are dpoing something.

I love it when you set your self a treat for loosing wieght, i was going to suggest that take a bead away if you gain but i honestly think where you are now is not a time to push/ punish or stress.

I would say ride this one out, the food binge/treat/slip up.
I envy you lol becuase ive had mine over the past month and im now on the " you will now pay me back road" lol

I love my food Gem and i will be having a big feast when i hit 12stone.

Food is infront of us all day its not easy to do whatwe are all on here trying to do, but you are one of the strongest and you know when all is in place and order you will be back on it.

Just make sure you keep popping in for a catch up.

HugsXXX

Hi guys
Perhaps something new will spur me on? I need to find a new incentive....when I was loosing well I had a bracelet with beads and every time I lost 7 lbs I bought myself a new bead. I need something like that again methinks....ideas welcome!

Sorry to hear you've had trouble with arthritus, hope it gets better for you

Was thinking you had the right idea with finding a new incentive, maybe something fun or self indulgent (massage or pampering or I don't know, going to the ballet) I don't know what you like though so :D

Reckon doing something you really really love might be a good tonic tho hey
All the best
x

Good morning Ladies

I haven't absconded, honest just been licking my wounds and trying to get a grip...."sigh"

Bad news - knee is back to hobbling pain and support straps.

Good news - Had a lovely 3rd wedding anniversary yesterday

Medical news - got my blood tests back and rheumatoid arthritis has been ruled out! Yay! Doc now thinks its fibromyalgia, not sure how I feel about that really. It's much more widely recognised nowadays and I've been given some new tablets which I start taking tonight. They knock you out and can cause some nasty side effects but at least I am off work this week so have some time to get used to it. I am also having my knee X-rayed and need to make the appointment today. I have done some research and it certainly ticks some boxes...the unexplained skin condition, the joint pain, the unexplained dizzy spells, chest pains and the chronic tiredness and lethargy I sometimes feel. It's also linked heavily with migraine. I do wonder if it's a term that is now recognised as an umbrella for anything that can't be medically explained and from reading forums it seems I don't suffer too badly compared to some others but I need to give doc a chance and hope it gets better.

Weight loss news - I'm stepping away from calorie counting, weighing and getting out of the beating myself up cycle. I've turned once more to Paul McKenna. I'm eating slowly what I want, stopping when I'm full and enjoying every mouthful. I will start using the hypnosis tapes today. This takes little effort on my part but is still taking steps to feel better around food. I find this technic helps me gain a healthier attitude and I stay around the same weight. losing weight is still important to my condition but so is getting the condition fully diagnosed and under control.

Lots of hugs and smiles to everyone, thanks for looking in on me and I will let you know how PM goes! X

lovely to see you back hun! oh sorry your knee is so painful but good news it isn't arthritis, i've heard of fybromyalgia, but don't know an awful lot about it, good luck Gem, hope everything improves soon.

Well done on changing your eating plan, sometimes a change is all we need to kick start the old enthusiasm :)

happy belated anniversary..its mine today..but lets just skip past that subject hee hee :)

enjoy your day and your time off work! x

Hey Gem,

Good news that the bloods are back and you are now being reviewed.

I read some of the Fibro stuff when i was researching Lymes.

Lymes,fibor and cfs all cross lines at points.

anything that attacks the immune system they dont have much idea about, accept it usually starts with a virus.

cant remember if fibro is like that thou.
Have you read any of the lyme stuff, it effects the knees too its like it homes in on them.... very odd,
Add the fact you are an avid rammbler...it may be worth a read.

Im not doing great with the dieting Gem, mines being surrounded by people who help on one hand, and feed you what you know you shouldnt
have on the other.

My bad food diary has reached its 3 months end and thats about as long as ive been lost mentaly.

I can only do this when im on my island of life, i just havent the energy to live with other people around me and cope with it.
So i can relate to the frustration of wanting to but being held back.

Tears and anger that then give way to surrender of circumstances and lack of choices.

Main thing is Gem its a way through for you and one that can keep you on a track of mlnd stability too.

keep logging in thou hun XXX

Hi guys

Hit an all time low last weekend (((hugs to LFM - know how you feel honey))) and ate my weight in chocolate :0(

Well I've gone and done it now...I've bought a Slimpod. Loose 2 dress sizes (or more) without any effort, weighing or measuring. Sounds too good to be true....so probably is but I'm a sucker for it and desperate!

I will commit to listening to this Slimpod every day (twice a day) for 42 days, starting today I make that 16 May....which coincides a few days before my birthday.

I need to set myself three clear smart goals to focus on so here they are:

I have a new top I should have taken back to the shop as it was too tight. I want to be able to wear this top comfortably to my aunty's party on 16 June.

By october 31 I will buy a new winter coat in size 14/16 and ditch my man sized all weather grey number forever!

By 24 May 2013 I will be my ideal size 10/12 and go out for dinner feeling very proud of myself

Day One

Listened to the Slimpod last night and promptly fell asleep, listened again this morning on the bus ride to work - perfect length for the journey!

3 positives about my day:

Walked/ hobbled two circuits of cricket pitch at lunch time despite knee and hip pain.
Went to m&s to buy a loaf of bread and only came out with a loaf of bread - despite eyeing up all the treats and giving myself permission to buy something if I really wanted it
Feeling a little more hopeful as at least I'm taking a positive step in the right direction?

Well, weirdly, just writing that has helped brighten my mood. My uni course is all finished now so I have no excuse not to post here every day until 16 May even if it's just my three daily positives. I will measure myself this weekend with a tape measure, I'm staying away from the scales. My geeky brain might do a spreadsheet with the days on so I can put them up on the fridge door and cross them off.

Will return tomorrow for a progress update! X

lookingforme said:
Hey Gem,

Good news that the bloods are back and you are now being reviewed.

I read some of the Fibro stuff when i was researching Lymes.

Lymes,fibor and cfs all cross lines at points.

anything that attacks the immune system they dont have much idea about, accept it usually starts with a virus.

cant remember if fibro is like that thou.
Have you read any of the lyme stuff, it effects the knees too its like it homes in on them.... very odd,
Add the fact you are an avid rammbler...it may be worth a read.

Im not doing great with the dieting Gem, mines being surrounded by people who help on one hand, and feed you what you know you shouldnt
have on the other.

My bad food diary has reached its 3 months end and thats about as long as ive been lost mentaly.

I can only do this when im on my island of life, i just havent the energy to live with other people around me and cope with it.
So i can relate to the frustration of wanting to but being held back.

Tears and anger that then give way to surrender of circumstances and lack of choices.

Main thing is Gem its a way through for you and one that can keep you on a track of mlnd stability too.

keep logging in thou hun XXX

Hi LFM, thanks for the pointers on Lymes , I will have a search about for info. Sorry to hear you are having a bad time...it's a mare isnt it? Life's just not fair sometimes! X

RainbowRose said:
Hope you are doing okay Gem? i miss you! x

I can't keep up with your diary Rose, you are just too popular (grin) i am back and committed , thanks for keeping an eye out for me. Giving up is just not an option x

hello hun, i am happy you are able to come on here more often! :)

many people on here use slimpods and seem to really enjoy them, so good luck!

I love your goals, and i know that you will achieve every single one of them Gem x

Keep posting and keep going x

Day two (belated to morning of day three!)

I was going to rant negatively last night cos I was very tired after a very long day at work. I really couldn't think of three positive things but this morning, the sun is shining and I'm feeling more positive , as thinking slimmer is about concentrating on the positives I thought it would've good to try and find something positive even if it wasn't to do with food
1. I ate a very healthy salad for lunch
2. My timing on the buses was perfect and I got home in record time
3. Training my colleague on my job role went well

There we go, nothing as black as it seems on the day....will .update later!

Back